[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We run out of oil
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (242 KB, 2048x1016) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
242 KB, 2048x1016
Now what?
>>
>>67352129
we gas kikes race war now
>>
nuclear energy
>>
we make more
>>
>>67352129
Solar/Nuclear/Coal/etc. for power, Algae for petrochemicals.
>>
>>67352221
This
>>
>>67352129
there's probably a dozen other things that we already know about but oil cartel won't wheel them out until there's no oil left
>>
Erm you do know we grow crops that produce oil
>>
>>67352204
This.

Well mine space for rare metals too
>>
>>67352204
This.
>>67352240
This.
>>67352418
This. And finally....
>>67352299
This.
>>
>>67352129
we already have the tech to not need oil and oil isn't going to run out anytime soon.
>>
>>67352204
Nuclear doesn't work as vehicle fuel. You need something with high energy output that can be converted to said energy on the move. You won't have cars or planes with nuclear reactors, and batteries don't have the capacity to weight ratio to really be viable.
>>
File: lockheedfusion2.png (147 KB, 443x442) Image search: [Google]
lockheedfusion2.png
147 KB, 443x442
>>67352755
http://www.lockheedmartin.com/us/products/compact-fusion.html
>>
>>67353090
We're gonna need more parking space.
>>
>>67352129
R O A D W A R R I O R
>>
The US is sitting on a shitload of coal. We'll be fine.
>>
just use liquefied coal until we discover fusion power
>>
>>67352418
Won't that crash the fucking economy?
>>
>>67354336
Liqufied?
>>
>run out of oil
Then we make deeper wells and find more oil, stupid.
>>
>>67352129
fuel gets incredibly expensive
Lots of effort is put into the development and research of alternative energys.
The first one to find and properly market a decent solution becomes a giant.
>>
Yo peepzz lemma holla at yall

Have you heard that in the last 1-3 years solar has become cheaper than gas/oil/coal? Which finally makes solar competitive. They are building huge solar fields in those AbuDhabi areas because it's so cheap. Besides that lots of countries are planning to do the same as costs continue to drop.

Wind kinda sucks because solar is enough. Even with the technology now you can have like 8 solar panels on your roof and actually make money from energy.

The next big thing will probably be fusion. Interesting battle going on between Germany and China. They already reached the right temperature but now the issue is to get that stable for a longer period of time, but the records are shattering often.

All of this also means all countries can drop their aggressive foreign policies and world peace will be achieved.

So yea, we good son
>>
>>67354598
And how will we get all of the materials out of the ground for the solar panels without oil?
>>
>>67354458
you can synthesize petrol from coal, and it's actually cleaner than real oil. only problem is the technology is really expensive and you wouldn't see it happen with today's prices. those will shoot up though when oil does deplete
>>
>>67352129
Use all those refugees like Horses and make them tow my Stage Coach around.
>>
>>67352129

Widespread social collapse, America becoming a well-armed slum, wild negroes and survivalists ransacking farmsteads. Shit will be bloody until the retards starve. Then possibly some scavanger-tech anarchist or libertarian or order will take get off the ground, causing more retards to develop who will sweep a strong man to power to fuck shit up again. This will repeat several times until the nuclear reactors finally ignite and then continent-wide human extinction for many thousands of years. Some humans will survive as tribals but most of the world will be known as "the desert of tears" and many myths will be constructed about the uninhabitable parts of the planet.
>>
>>67352129
>We run out of oil
>Now what?

Hey, Canada! Buddy, how ya been?
>>
There are already alternatives for energy and oil products right now. It's just that getting oil out of the ground is cheaper for the time being.
>>
We can always synthesize more. Even from seawater if we have to.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/10/game-changer-us-navy-can-now-turn-seawater-jet-fue/
>>
>>67354664
Just use a shovel and a wheelbarrow. Solar cells are literally made of sand.
>>
>>67353090
Mfw microfusion cells...
Or well """"micro""""
>>
Biofuel. Leaves are nature's solar panels.
>>
>>67355184
Nature a shit. Mankind's solar panels > nature's solar panels.
>>
The true redpill is the threat of reaching peak phosphorus.
Oil is a meme.
>>
>>67354598
Again, solar panels don't power cars or planes. They don't even power building consistently, you still need fuckhuge rows of batteries and possibly outside grid connection to have uninterrupted electricity throughout the day.
>>
>>67355271
Yes, but solar panels don't create fuel for storage.
>>
>>67355054
>WHY DO WE SPEND SO MUCH MONEY ON THE MILITARY WHEN WE COULD BE FEEDING AFRICANS! 20 BILLION $ AND THEY'LL ALL HAVE ENOUGH FOOD FOR THEIR ENTIRE LIVES IT'S NOT LIKE THEY HAVE CHILDREN!
>>
Geothermal might be interesting as we perfect the technology to dig deeper into the planet's crust and to sustain machinery despite the pressures
>>
>>67352129
We won't run out of oil.

The price will go up and alternatives will naturally take its place if necessary.
>>
Oh yeah dont forget, our battery technology is still quite shit
Lithium Ion can explode and a charge doesnt even last long in most modern devices...
>>
>>67353090
As with all fusion projects, I'll believe it when it's commercially available. Fusion has been "10 years away" since the discovery of fusion power.
>>
>>67355392
>let's suck energy out of the planet's radiation shield
Way to steal from the future, asshole.
>>
>>67352129

ITT: Insanely wild optimists.

Even if an alternative power source were able to come online with immediate effect the infrastructure used for the oil-based economy would still be in place (aircraft, road and rail logistics, factories, oil pipelines) and not in a position to supply business, manufacturers, consumers etc with anything like the power they will be used to.

Rationing an enormous number of lay-offs, lots of Burger claps and shitty anglo burgerclap-wannabes bored, retless without their smartphones and TV and a paralysed economy. That's going to cause a lot of violence and disorder that the police and army (also oil-dependent) will be unlikely to be able to control.
>>
File: 2016USABudget.jpg (223 KB, 719x592) Image search: [Google]
2016USABudget.jpg
223 KB, 719x592
>>67355378
>>WHY DO WE SPEND SO MUCH MONEY ON THE MILITARY WHEN WE COULD BE FEEDING AFRICANS! 20 BILLION $ AND THEY'LL ALL HAVE ENOUGH FOOD FOR THEIR ENTIRE LIVES IT'S NOT LIKE THEY HAVE CHILDREN!
>>
File: ds3_ellie_2.jpg (21 KB, 260x300) Image search: [Google]
ds3_ellie_2.jpg
21 KB, 260x300
>>67352418
Dead Space when?
>tfw no qt heterochromia space gf
>>
>>67355743
The vast majority of the Earth's internal heat comes from radioactive decay. That energy is ultimately radiated into space anyway, so might as well use it while it's there.
>>
>>67355763
>All the oil will run out of the wells immediately
>there are no reserves
You're dumb.
>>
File: average australian.jpg (64 KB, 640x417) Image search: [Google]
average australian.jpg
64 KB, 640x417
>>67352129
>>
>>67356085

Do you know how much oil is consumed in a day? A: 94 million barrels

In the event of an imminent oil collapse then rationing will need to take place. It may look like 1970s Britain - 3 days of electricity for consumers - gloabl supply chains will be cut back, flights cancelled, non-essential industries shut down. Social unrest is inevitible - you don't realise how ill prepared the overwhelming majority of urban-dwelling Westerners would be for an scarcity scenario.

Tl:dr Reserves = Mad Max 2 scenario will take slightly longer to happen.
>>
The day we don´t need oil anymore. Sand people will be afrika tier. Nobody will care anymore.
>>
File: Average Australian.jpg (122 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Average Australian.jpg
122 KB, 1280x720
>>67356140
>>
>>67354582
more like fossil fuel industry loses it's influence on politics, and stop inhibiting the success of renewable energy
>>
File: judaica.gif (1 MB, 800x597) Image search: [Google]
judaica.gif
1 MB, 800x597
>>67352193
first post etc
>>
>>67357089
Recently the oil industry has been shilling for solar and wind power because during the downtime/peak hours they still use oil to make up the difference. Their biggest enemy is nuclear which is why they've pushed the muh radiation meme
>>
>>67357089
>inhibiting the success of renewable energy
Bong pls. The oil industry doesn't make renewables expensive and inefficient (recall also that the only power generation system that has anything to do with oil is LNG plants, which are still a minority, they do that to themselves. People usually don't give a fuck whether their power comes from a coal plant or a wind farm, all they want is cheap electricity. Sure, you'll get enviros willing to shell out more for "clean" energy, but even most of those fags want government subsidies to bring the price down to coal/gas/nuke levels.
>>
My life fades. The vision dims. All that remains are memories. I remember a time of chaos, ruined dreams, this wasted land. But most of all, I remember the road warrior, the man we called Max. To understand who he was we have to go back to the other time, when the world was powered by the black fuel and the desert sprouted great cities of pipe and steel — gone now, swept away. For reasons long forgotten two mighty warrior tribes went to war and touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel they were nothing. They'd built a house of straw. The thundering machines sputtered and stopped. Their leaders talked and talked and talked, but nothing could stem the avalanche. Their world crumbled. Cities exploded — a whirlwind of looting, a firestorm of fear. Men began to feed on men.
On the roads it was a white-line nightmare. Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice, and in this maelstrom of decay ordinary men were battered and smashed — men like Max, the warrior Max. In the roar of an engine, he lost everything and became a shell of a man, a burnt-out desolate man, a man haunted by the demons of his past, a man who wandered out into the wasteland. And it was here, in this blighted place, that he learned to live again.
>>
>>67357637
Oil != coal, dude. The oil industry is concerned with petroleum as fuel and as a source for polymers, not with power generation. Power plants don't burn oil, they use coal or natural gas (which may or may not be linked to oil extraction, depending on the source; either way, coal plants are far more common because it's cheaper).
>>
>>67356480
Whenever we talked about end of the world scenarios whilst bored at school etc, my mates always thought me saying Mad Max 2 is the most likely way things will go and the most realistic except for everyone driving gas guzzlers...they thought it was retarded, they were more with the whole machine uprising or bio warfare = zombies virus side of things! I'll have the last laugh yet!
>>
>>67357961
You are correct. I was meaning the entire fossil fuels industry but I just simplified to oil in that post
>>
>>67352755
tesla model s and alike cars that will arise
>>
>>67352129
we already have the next wave of technolgy waiting in the wings. first we wait for saudi oil to dry up. then we sell our own oil to the world for major profit. when its all gone we switch over to new solar magnetwave fission electro dynamos. you read it here first
>>
>>67358314
I've not kept up to date with electric car technology but the beauty of my motorbike is I can ride 150 miles, stop for 5 minutes, fill up and ride another 150 miles etc. Has the charge time and travel range of electric vehicles improved drastically? Last time I looked it was along the lines of 70 miles on a full charge at 50mph then needing to charge for hours etc, that was a while back mind...unless fuel stations become a "pull in, swap batteries for X price, continue" ... I dunno, be interesting to see where it all ends up.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.