[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your opinion on Martin Shkreli? Watch some of th
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9
File: skreli.jpg (28 KB, 509x254) Image search: [Google]
skreli.jpg
28 KB, 509x254
What's your opinion on Martin Shkreli? Watch some of this and you may or may not go completely insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z6TecVZAhk
>>
>>67326578

I can't watch something with a 'millenial' in it, it'll raise my blood pressure too much, but Martin is damn based & a true hero
>>
>>67326578
>>67326578
Based
>>
He's a good boy who dindu nuffin wrong
>>
>>67326789
Uh thanks?

>>67326789
If that's your hunch then you may be right because not only does he follow a non stop script but you get the dooming impression that he will never in his life consider that he may be wrong about anything.

You can get through it by fixing your eyes on Martin's face throughout though because it will lift your heart and make you happy.
>>
>>67328140
>>67328938
>Um thanks?
misfired reply there
>>
File: 20150928_133308.jpg (91 KB, 437x459) Image search: [Google]
20150928_133308.jpg
91 KB, 437x459
>>67326578
He was used as a scapegoat because everyone doesn't know shit about about big Pharma. The fact that he had to appear in front on congress is ridiculous.

He actually explains himself well and gives coherent answers. The problem is that most of the kids that join his live stream are SJW with a year of college under their belt who think they know it all. Kinda like what they are doing with Trump.
>>
>>67328938

Don't take I personally I'm just interested in more discussion
>>
>>67329161
Oh nothing personal, it's just unusual for non-OP to bump a thread so early, no offense to take.

Are you watching it?
>>
redpill me on this. I only know that he raised the price of some drug.
>>
kid on vid looks like elliot rodger 2.0
>>
>>67329045
Where 2 cop
>>
My opinion is that he did all that shit on purpose to drive down the stock prices, so he can buy it all up. Or he did it to bring attention to Big Pharma, what with the big debate over the TPP and all.

Whether he is for real or faking, he should be more careful.
>>
File: trump marty 2016.jpg (58 KB, 750x742) Image search: [Google]
trump marty 2016.jpg
58 KB, 750x742
>>
>>67329775
raised the price for huge corporations who want to stock it so that he could research a new drug because it's the only drug for that rare disease and its shit. copays are miniscule and anybody who can't afford it he gives it to them for free.
>>
>>67330451
>for free
Sounds too good to be true. I haven't followed this though so is there some source that does this?
>>
>>67331065
The number of people who have the disease in the US (only place he controls the drug) is almost microscopic, and the number within them who can't afford it is almost nonexistent (they don't pay the new increased price). Here is an account from the NYP from someone who uses the drug and hates Shkreli for poorly justified reasons:

>In late November, Turing announced that the price of the drug would drop to $375 a pill — but at hospitals only. The company said individuals earning $59,400 or less would be eligible to receive Daraprim at no cost, and most patients should be able to get it for a $10 copay. But according to a January Vice magazine profile on Shkreli, the process to access the drug for free is too complicated for very sick patients.

>[A Turing rep told The Post: “We would be happy to work with any individual in understanding which program may be right for him or her.”]

>Regardless of what happens with me, I hope Martin recognizes that there’s something dark about how he’s been living his life.
>>
>>67326578
He's a web obsessed faggot who whores himself online nonstop for attention

>>67326789
>millenial
He is 32.
>>
>>67332277
He meant the guest on the video who is 18
>>
I don't like him.
But after watching 15 minutes of this I find it hard not to take his side
>>
>>67333793
I think it's impossible not to. I don't understand the motive of that kid, he must be totally deranged.He shouldn't be trying to start businesses because he'll lie to himself until they fail but he would make a really successful politician or patreon atheist.
>>
Martin is based as hell, watch his video with the guy who actually has AIDS versus the one with the sheboon tech salesnigger and the female counterpart to the faggot in the video. I'd recommend the gay guy video first if you want some context about his past, the others for a yuge laugh, especially the nigger one, there's an amazing diss from this one guy.
>>
>>67326578
He sounds like a total faggot
>>
I've been redpilled on Martin for a few weeks now. The finance, investing and chemistry lessons he gives on his youtube free of charge are really informative, and he occasionally btfo some normie that coughs while he's talking.

He's a a bit of an autist, but he's really intelligent and he means well.
>>
>>67334019
His reactions as she tells he's white and privileged and shit are golden.
>>
>>67326578
I'll admit that I bought into the outrage industry nonsense when this Shkreli business came to light. Then I was embarrassed when I learned how I had been made a fool of. The entire outrage machine (Huffpo, Salon, Gawker) love this guy because he's money in the bank. Outrage sells.
>>
>>67329045
Very true. Very well put. These kids are trying so hard to save the world whether the world wants saving or not.
>>
>>67329045
>440A stainless

>$856 for the 7 inch, $400 for the 3.5 inch

Pfffffft
>>
Holy shit, I'm 15 minutes in, this kid is so fucking annoying, his colon must smell like roses or something, he never even left it for a second. "I'm le rational objective free thinker and you're backwards, kooky, and hypocritical. This """"""debate""""" is over, psshhhhhh nothing personal". I never even thought these kids existed, it seems like everybody needs to find a virtue and turn it into a vice for their own personal gain, and when people do it with intelligence, it's a damn shame.
A wise man once told me that if you are at peace with yourself, you wouldn't advertise your traits subtly or overtly to the world and hope for a response catered around the version of yourself you put out there.
>>
>>67334993
>I'll admit that I bought into the outrage industry nonsense when this Shkreli business came to light.
must not have been here for long
>>
>>67329045
>The problem is that most of the kids that join his live stream are SJW with a year of college under their belt who think they know it all. Kinda like what they are doing with Trump.
It is because modern day colleges are feeding them this fantasy. It is pretty intricate communist social engineering program originating from the Columbia University, turning people into megalomaniacs of social justice which in turn causes social unrest and unravelling. These people are conditioned to see the "right opinions" as facts ( as can be clearly seen in the video for example ) and to see any kind of wealth or accomplishment as signs of evil ( they are convinced they could have done the same if they were "less moral" which once again relates to the unrealistic world view ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4kHiUAjTvQ
>>
>>67335747
Yeah I've only been frequenting /pol/ since last autumn.
>>
>>67329045

This, well put my burger loving friend.

Drove me nuts how this board sunk to Reddit's level and joined the witch hunt against him with only a small few actually reading into what he was doing and how if anything he was actually doing the world a favour by drawing attention to a shitty industry that's been screwing people over for decades.
>>
Anyone still watching? How far have you made it?
>>
Martin Shkreli explains himself very well - in the aforementioned video of him talking with a gay guy who has HIV, he explains succinctly how the prices for rare-disease (there are only about 6000 people who are afflicted by T. gondi toxoplasmosis, although somewhere between 20-30% of USA are infected with T. gondi protozoa) treatments are very high, and they are very high out of necessity because of the rarity.

He explains that 65% of all patients get his drug for FREE. He explains how those who do not generally are not paying out of pocket, and that his act of raising the price lowered the number of people without treatment from the hundreds to the tens.
Raising the price lowered the number of people not able to get treatment from the hundreds, to the tens.

By raising the price, for the company to be more solvent, they are able to give more away for FREE to people who couldn't afford treatment or insurance.

He also explains how he wants to generate funds to research a new treatment, because the drug which treats T. gondi toxoplasmosis also violently destroys the person who needs to take it. The 70 year old drug cannot differentiate between good cells and the parasite/parasite's cysts. It eats your body and brain while you futilely have to rely on it to defeat the parasite.
>>
He's streaming a date, apparently.
>>
>I don't believe in opinions. I look at the facts and the facts speak for themselves.

kek
>>
>>67336691
I've watched a little over an hour of it.

I wanted to kill myself when Shkreli asked if he knew what the SEC does and he googled it and just replied with the name of it.
>>
>>67326578

After Shapiro and Sanders recent cuck escapades, I'm going to hold off on calling a fucking Jew based. Never trust these conniving motherfuckers.
>>
>>67335890
>Columbia University
Glad I didn't end up going there!

too lib 4 me desu
>>
>MUH APPLE FARM

God this kid is fucking retarded.
>>
>>67338146
>jew

He's albanian and croatian, or are you just Canadaposting?
>>
>>67326578
He's pretty smart, but I laugh at those who think he's completely altruistic with his tactics.
>>
>Do you know what my defense is in this specific allegation?
>I may or may not know
>How do you know if i've never told anybody?
>I may or may not know

KEK
>>
>>67335890
am 2 min into the video

BASED RUSSIAN

shit man where can I read more stuff about this kinda of dealio
>>
>>67338285
I don't think he'd say he's completely altruistic. I think if you asked him he'd happily admit that while he wants to do good by exposing big pharma's shit and helping people with rare diseases, his first responsibility is to shareholders and investors and to run his business successfully.

>>67338332
>rational
>>
>>67338250

In the video of him arguing with some black chick he made references to being of jewish decent. Not to mention you see it in his face.
>>
>>67335890

Why Columbia University? I always had the impression all the SJW bullshit came from California because everyone, who has a clue, knows that fucking state has a large say in dictating how education, city planning, social programs, etc. should be conducted throughout the US.
>>
File: laughingpepe.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
laughingpepe.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
>>67326578
>i'm actually really glad you brought that up
>>
You really expect me to watch a bunch of failed abortions talk over each other?
>>
Really find it funny that the literal child brings up intelligence. This is the leftists trump card. As soon as they start losing any form of argument, they start shouting about how IQ and how smart they are.
>>
>>67326578
He would make a good L in death note movie.
>>
>>67326578
I knew people who knew him (Ken Banta for example, who was his mentor and helped him set up Turing). He's smart, but a total weasel. His former backers hate him now because he cost them millions of dollars.
>>
>>67337748
lel you can hear them screwing now
>>
>>67339384
Used to think he was a prick from one side of the story, but this guy gives no fucks.

Based.
>>
>>67326578
i dont like him he tries to hard to fit in with the rap culture.

when he puts on his professional facade i like him but other than that hes just a fucking poser

>video on him threatening ghostface killah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI9jywQ4cgc
>>
>>67339845
>>video on him threatening ghostface killah

it's a fucking parody you moron.
>>
File: On-the-radar.png (89 KB, 406x406) Image search: [Google]
On-the-radar.png
89 KB, 406x406
>>67326578
>Martin Shkreli
>Attended Baruch College

pic related
>>
>>67340013
youre fucking stupid

its not a parody it was a way for him to get into the rap culture by dissing ghostface killah and it was also a way to bring attention to wu tang album shkreli bought

fuck off
>>
File: 1287908294613.jpg (11 KB, 210x251) Image search: [Google]
1287908294613.jpg
11 KB, 210x251
>You can't tell someone their understanding of anything
>You're in college and your professor will fail you if you fail a test
>>
>>67340505
it's a parody anon.
>>
>>67326578
>Martin Shkreli
hes my hero
>>
>>67340890
>breakfast club interview about his threat to ghostface killah
>shkreli hires goons
>ghostface killah responding back
>>
File: 1450140806177s.jpg (3 KB, 125x124) Image search: [Google]
1450140806177s.jpg
3 KB, 125x124
I think he's a martyr, trying to show us how fucked up Big Pharma can be. He's the hero we deserve, but not the one we need right now. So they'll hate him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.
>>
Glad some people watched it - when I see a video over an hour long in an OP I always scroll right by but this is really one of my favourite videos now. This kid is exhibit A of narcissistic pseudo intellectual millennials and it's a joy to know that everyone in the world but him would watch this video and realize how dumb he is.

The perfect combination of "I know I'm right" and being absolutely wrong.
>>
>>67326578
This Nick kid is so intellectually dishonest. When off the bat he says that he doesn't like Martin and thinks he's a douche as if it's an objective fact while trying to come at him with the moral high ground you just know this conversation will go nowhere. Children like him should examine their own arguments first before making an ass out of themselves in front of thousands, but if his opinion on preparing for a trial are any indication then he believes preparing your arguments and defense are admission of guilt.
>>
>>67342006
>as if it's an objective fact
kek no, he outright stated that he thought it was a fact

that being said I made it like 5 minutes, because the kid can't make a fluent point and Martin won't let him talk long enough to actually get any points out to refute
>>
that kid nick is really annoying. i can't believe martin put up with him for so long.

nick argues in a modern news tv show type of way where you just spout a bunch of things really quick and not answer any questions directly. he believes answering things indirectly means that he wins the argument, but it just makes him less credible.
>>
File: 1367977691020[1].png (297 KB, 641x346) Image search: [Google]
1367977691020[1].png
297 KB, 641x346
>>67326578
>Watch some of this and you may or may not go completely insane.
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 251x242
>>67341255
Go outside
>>
>>67326578
What program or app are they using?
>>
>>67339845
that was the cringiest thing ever, he's like Shane McMahon with pituitary dwarfism.
>>
Fucking hell. Martin Shkreli has the patience of a saint.
There is no way I would have lasted that long with someone who is clearly mentally deranged.
I'm only 40 mins in and I just don't know how the kid can be that arrogant, uneducated and clearly wrong about everything and have made it to college. It's just the same here in Australia too.
Do they not teach kids critical thinking anymore?
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.