[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why has culture and tradition died?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6
File: manifest-destiny-H.jpg (464 KB, 1389x454) Image search: [Google]
manifest-destiny-H.jpg
464 KB, 1389x454
European style culture (USA and Canada included) used to be beautiful. Beautiful art, amazing music, wonderful fashion, family values, etc

Whatever happened to the mighty cultures that we once called ours?
>>
>>67323359
The discovery of fossil fuels.
>>
>>67323359
Globalization.

mid 2000's-2009 was the last throws and now we're fucked.
>>
white people can't have a culture

too problematic and excluding, not to mention racist/sexist of course
>>
>>67323359
everything germanics have now its because of greece and rome, without them germanics are nothing

thanks them
>>
>>67323359
It's simply the inevitable consequence of technological development and modernity.
>>
Yanks
>>
>>67323359
Americanization happened.

And no, american culture is NOT european culture.
>>
>>67323359

Capitalism has devolved into economism and greatness is never economical.
>>
>>67324014
You're fucking stupid nigga
If you're telling me Europeans with European values, ideologies, music, fashion, etc simply living in a different place isn't European culture, then you're autistic

Reread the thread, I don't mean modern "culture" which the world does not have. Are you mad that Argentina isn't European?
>>
>>67323829
You do realize "European culture" includes roman, Greece and Germanic (along with other) cultures?

Either way it has nothing to do with your third world shithole
>>
>>67324314
American culture is not European culture. Just like African culture is not Australian culture is not European culture.
Be proud of your own culture, just because ours is older doesn't mean yours isn't respectable
>>
>>67324314
The only butthurt here is you, my melanin enriched friend.

USA has an opppsite approach to Europe. Rebel against the old world, full pragmatism, materialism opposed to tradition, glorification of the negro, etc.

All important european authors already noted the opposition between USA and Europe as early XVIII century onwards. Gobineau, Jung, Guenon, Evola, etc.

Both Jung and Evola considered USA to have a negrood spirit, dangerous to Europe.

Now take all those values and force them on the dominated post war Europe, and even easily with the EU.

USA is not Europe. That's why the pathetic behaviour of reminding everyone you're 1/360 german.
>>
>>67325124
I am proud of American culture, American culture is a subculture of European culture
Just like Anglo culture is a subculture of Germanic Culture

>>67325174
Why are Argentinians so hellbent on reminding everybody they're white then? I'd love to see a source on where people said that a newly independent white country where black culture was shunned had a "negroid" spirit. Nice job reading my post btw

Also,
>Implying I care about heritage
>>
>>67325174
>That's why the pathetic behavior of reminding everyone you're 1/360 german.
Coming from the land of "WE WUZ DAGOS AN SHEIT!1!", that's rich.
>>
Every thing about whites in history has been getting fucked over

>advance fast with Roman empire
>"barbarian hordes" come in, dilute society
>get held up in dark ages
>Black plague hits, every where people die
>Every thing Europeans do helps to spread it, IE kill cats, dont wash, leave dead in streets in a lot of places, dont burn cause thats not Christan
>Mongolian pony express helps black plague destroy asia
>Surviving whites now resistant to disease, spread death inadvertently to 90% of the world
>Feel bad about killing off most of the world
>Return to homelands
>"barbarian hordes" at borders

Maybe in 2000 years it will change
>>
>>67323359
>USA and Canada included
actually not included

>Why has culture and tradition died?
because of post-ww2 american culture of degradation
>>
File: 1386993405488.jpg (152 KB, 1130x982) Image search: [Google]
1386993405488.jpg
152 KB, 1130x982
>>67323359
does this really need asking?
>>
>>67325174
A lot of what you mentioned can be attributed to how relatively young the USA is. Europe has thousands of years of governments and "tradition".

Can't have much "tradition" when your country is only ~240 years old.
>>
>>67326393
>because of post-ww2 american culture of degradation
The post-ww2 soviet culture of degradation had a much more discernible effect across europe, for the east in particular.
>>
>>67325655
I don't remind anybody about anything and muh heritage isn't a common phenomena here really. It's mostly the retarded and insecure upper class kids who post here.

Read Evola's american negrizzata and civiltà americana (both availble in english), Gobineau opinion on americans (his wikipedia article includes the quote and source. It was censored in the american version) and the Jung one give me a sec , Im on phone. Jung remarked that USA is not a white country.

You care about heritage. You started this thread and said 'ours'.

>>67325768
Is not. Muh heritage and reminding you're 1/400 anything isn't really a common thing in everyday Argentina.
>>
>>67323359
it's useless shit that holds us back
>>
>>67327331
Nigga when I said heritage I meant I don't sit there and call myself german because some guy centuries ago came over here from Germany.

Also, key word: "OPINION"
That totally means it is fact yes?
If 1700s America wasn't white then Argentina is Kenya
>>
>>67325655
From 'Your Negroid and Indian Behavior', Carl Jung, 1930.

>"I know the mother-nations of North America pretty well, but I would be completely at a loss to explain, if I relied solely on the theory of heredity, how the Americans descended from them acquired their striking peculiarities. One might suppose that some of them were the product of the old pioneer and colonist attitude. [...] There is a much better hypothesis to explain the peculiarities of the American temperament. It is the fact that the States are pervaded by the Negro... . Some States are particularly black, a fact that may astonish the naive European, who thinks of America as a white nation."

>The emotional way an American expresses himself, especially the way he laughs, can best be studied in the illustrated supplements of the American papers; the inimitable Teddy Roosevelt laugh is found in its primordial form in the American Negro. The peculiar walk with loose joints, or the swinging of the hips so frequently observed in Americans, also comes from the Negro. (Note 3) American music draws its main inspiration from the Negro, and so does the dance. The expression of religious feeling, the revival meetings, the Holy Rollers and other abnormalities are strongly influenced by the Negro. The vivacity of the average American, which shows itself not only at baseball games but quite particularly in his extraordinary love of talking – the ceaseless gabble of American papers is an eloquent example of this – is scarcely to be derived from his Germanic forefathers, but is far more like the chattering of a Negro village. The almost total lack of privacy and the all-devouring mass sociability remind one of primitive life in open huts, where there is complete identity with all members of the tribe.”
>>
Modernism.

I like some modernist art and structures, but overall there has been a steep falloff in quality and asethiscs since modernism began.

Ater art deco… it became a bit bleak
>>
>>67323966

Not necessarily 'innevitable'… there are millions of ways cultures can evolve.

It isn't pre ordained
>>
>>67327282
I disagree. gommunism is a shit, but I don't know what is worse. Both gommie and post-ww2 american culture of mass consumption are degenerate.
>>
>>67327691
>Europeans insulting newly independent America
Not a rare sight desu
This gives legitimately 0 factual evidence. Just because it's from a famous man, then it's surely credible, right?
>>
File: you only had to listen.jpg (30 KB, 402x402) Image search: [Google]
you only had to listen.jpg
30 KB, 402x402
>>67323359
The Enlightenment and democracy.
>>
>>67327917
Also at least gommie shit isn't relevant anymore, even in Russia.
>>
>>67326393

Canada was part of the British Empire - of British/French stock, for the most partand was arguably more European - certainly more 'western' than the Eastern/Slavic/Asiatic Russia

Russia is at the periphery
>>
>>67323359
WWI.
And subsequent consensus among thought leaders that there was something innately and deeply wrong with us, but somehow not wrong with murderous Chinese or barbaric Africans.
>>
>>67327550
It is a fact USA was never a white nation. The land belonged to the natives and there was never a full extermination of locals. White means nothing also. You can be white and still be a nigger in behaviour, which seems to be your case. European = racially, culturally and born on Europe.

USA in spirit and cosmovision is different from Europe.

We may be European racialy but neither you or me are European. We may adapt easily, but we aren't less foreign to Europe than a moroccan born and raised there.

>67327550
>If 1700s America wasn't white then Argentina is Kenya
Nice rebuttal. Again showing your insecurities.
>>
>>67328658
I know we aren't European. But It's European ancestry that brings the USA to it's allies in Western Europe.

I know for a fact that I'm not dead European, but American Culture is most certainly a subculture of European Culture.

>Again showing your insecurities
What insecurities? It was a comparison.
>>
>>67328303
Yes, yes, I know - Russia is asiatic, barbarian country. Russians aren't white. Russians aren't Slavs. Russians aren't Europeans. We hear this for at least ~800 years.

Please provide results of Canadian European culture, not British.
>>
File: 1453234225390.jpg (11 KB, 250x214) Image search: [Google]
1453234225390.jpg
11 KB, 250x214
>>67323359
i have a strange urge to play civ 5 now.
im gonna do that bye
>>
>>67325174
Meanwhile Borges, Nabokov, DH Lawrence, etc all admired America. I'm sorry you take the opinions of second rate pseudo scientists as fact.
>>67328658
>It is a fact USA was never a white nation. The land belonged to the natives and there was never a full extermination of locals.
The natives were never part of American culture, In fact, they had far more influence in your own country.
>>67326393
>because of post-ww2 american culture of degradation
But you resisted American culture and have produced far less than France, US, etc, since 1950. You were a cultural powerhouse and ended up a cultural wasteland. Meanwhile US has produces 1/3 of the literature worth reading in the last 50 years.
>>
>>67328934
>but It's European ancestry that brings the USA to it's allies in Western Europe.

No, it's militarism and american manipulation of West Europe after the war. If you want to read it from the perspective of an american, read Yockey. He considered that West Europe should ally with USSR instead of USA as he viewed american culture as greater treat to european traditional values than communism.

>I know for a fact that I'm not dead European, but American Culture is most certainly a subculture of European Culture.
You nailed it. We are subcultures. Some more, some less close. Coming back to thread topic, the imposition of materialism and other american values altered the paradigm in Europe.

The obssesion of american white supremacits with race is just another form of materialis and denial of the fact they are different in spirit and culture to Europe. 'I'm racially white, therefore I'm the same as an european'. Wrong.

>What insecurities? It was a comparison.
Pretty flawed ad hom actually.
>>
>>67327691
>imitate a few mannerisms
>it's le negro culture
kek, this is some of the most pathetic strawgrasping I've ever seen.
>>
Because niggers imposed their street culture on the white men. Just look at rap, there's nothing in those songs apart from niggers chimping out
>>
>>67329863
America and Europe have been connected the British began colonizing the New World.

But yeah, I do know I'm not European. I have European ancestry, just like all white people. We're done here, I guess then. I'll look into Yockey.
>>
>>67329607
>You were a cultural powerhouse and ended up a cultural wasteland.
I hope we can overcome gommie heritage someday. Because soviet union doesn't exist anymore.

>Meanwhile US has produces 1/3 of the literature worth reading in the last 50 years.
Mass production of low-quality product for mass consumption to get money. I don't know any great american book written after ww2.
>>
>>67330186
>Mass production of low-quality product for mass consumption to get money. I don't know any great american book written after ww2.
Of course you don't, you can barely speak English. Probably, you know very little about Anglo Saxon literature.
>>
>>67323359
JEWS DONT INTO ART.
>>
>>67330331
>JEWS DONT INTO ART.
Jews are much finer thinkers than such imbeciles as Evola or Spenger
>>
>>67323359

We stopped believing in ourselves and our right to exist/survive. It began with the destruction of our moral foundation (Christianity), and is ending with the destruction of our civic foundation (family).

The whole suicide of the west began with either the Protestant Reformation or the Enlightenment (I can't decide which).
>>
>>67330291
>Probably, you know very little about Anglo Saxon literature.
This. But if someone have made something great, everybody knows his work and this work will be translated in many languages.

Example: you know nothing about Russian literature but you know works of Dostoevsky, Tolstoy.
>>
>>67329607
>Meanwhile Borges, Nabokov, DH Lawrence, etc all admired America. I'm sorry you take the opinions of second rate pseudo scientists as fact.
Which means nothing. You're citing writers also. In that case their opinion is as flawed as the others.

>>>67328658 #

>The natives were never part of American culture,

Mixing with natives was pretty common with the first families. Claiming descent of Powhatan via Matoaka was also considered a status thing.

>In fact, they had far more influence in your own country.
American education everybody. Natives were fully genocided except from the extreme north where their culture remained among them. They were confined there like the jewish ghettos in New York. What is considered Argentinian culture is that of european origin and again that doesn't make us european.

>>67329864
>obsessed with violence, sex, negro bodied women, muh dick culture, bigger is better, muh money, etc
>only some mannerisms
>>
File: buddha.jpg (49 KB, 229x291) Image search: [Google]
buddha.jpg
49 KB, 229x291
Cultural Marxism has ruined European Culture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPGPsgDTW6k
>>
>>67327691
Interesting.
>>
>>67330885
>This. But if someone have made something great, everybody knows his work and this work will be translated in many languages.
Nah, that isn't true, Dostoevsky isn't great, but everyone knows him. Bely is great, but very few people here in the West know him, outside of an academic setting.
Moreover, there are dozens of great English writers that continentals have never heard of
>>
>>67323359
Communism.
>>
>>67331387
Alain de Benoist, the new left
>funded in and by USA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_JmNv7wLvDk
>>
>>67324522
nope
include greece and rome

they were the creator of european civilization, germanics just spawned and copied everything

you are stupid and subhuman
>>
>>67331267
>Which means nothing. You're citing writers also. In that case their opinion is as flawed as the others.
At least they've shown some knowledge of culture, for they've contributed to it. Spengler, Evola, etc are a fucking joke, and I wouldn take artistic opinions from an archbishop before a psychoanalyst like jung.
>>obsessed with violence, sex, negro bodied women, muh dick culture, bigger is better, muh money, etc
>only some mannerisms
This is all recent shit. Furthermore, it is only a stereotype.Can you offer anything better than cliches?
>>67331267
>Mixing with natives was pretty common with the first families. Claiming descent of Powhatan via Matoaka was also considered a status thing.
Yes, it was considered an intersting novelty. Unfortunately for you, the first families did not contribute heavily to American culture- there's that developing country education again.
>American education everybody. Natives were fully genocided except from the extreme north where their culture remained among them. They were confined there like the jewish ghettos in New York. What is considered Argentinian culture is that of european origin and again that doesn't make us european.
Nope. In fact, most Argentinians have native ancestry. Argentinian "education"- I can see why your universities don't even make the list, your country is an embarrassment.
>>
>>67323359
The fall of religion started it all. Religion is what keeps familys together and communities strong.

no one can deny im right.
>>
>>67326927
>Europe has thousands of years of governments and "tradition".
most europe has 1600 years
>>
>>67323359
Tribalism sort of died out with massive wars not being fought every 20 or so years. When you deal with an us vs them mentality you exaggerate what makes us, us.
>>
>>67323549
This is actually pretty true. The west is basically sucking Allah's chode for that sweet black gold.
>>
>>67331857
>At least they've shown some knowledge of culture, for they've contributed to it. Spengler, Evola, etc are a fucking joke, and I wouldn take artistic opinions from an archbishop before a psychoanalyst like jung.
Oh yeah, Evola, Yockey, Guenon etc knew nothing. The fact they don't suck USA cock or that they were philosophers discredit them instantly. Same can be said for the pro USA authors.

>This is all recent shit. Furthermore, it is only a stereotype.Can you offer anything better than cliches?
Is not recent. The american 'way of life' was based in a pure materialistic approach (muh bigger land, muh bigger house, muh 2 cars). Manifest deatiny is another example.

>Yes, it was considered an intersting novelty. Unfortunately for you, the first families did not contribute heavily to American culture- there's that developing country education again.
They did. Their sole presence and difference from the natives is a contribution.

>Nope. In fact, most Argentinians have native ancestry. Argentinian "education"- I can see why your universities don't even make the list, your country is an embarrassment
Typical american stupidity again. The 20% thing comes from a study done in Mendoza a province next to Chile (which you didn't even bother to cite). Do the same study in the South and you'll get a 0%. Go to the extreme north and the average argentinian will be probably half amerindian.

Mind you, +30% of white americans have african ancestry, specially in the South. And that doesn't make them less a person btw.

Also you re only proving the materialistic approach again. 'I'm 100 white. Therefore I'm superior and european'.
>>
File: GTFO.png (308 KB, 546x700) Image search: [Google]
GTFO.png
308 KB, 546x700
>>67323825
>>
>>67333903
>Oh yeah, Evola, Yockey, Guenon etc knew nothing. The fact they don't suck USA cock or that they were philosophers discredit them instantly. Same can be said for the pro USA authors.
They're joke philosophers, none of them are taken seriously. You pay attention to their pathetic diatribes because they espouse what you happen to believe. One could easily say: Italians are talkative, they use hand gestures- are they the product of negro culture?
>Is not recent. The american 'way of life' was based in a pure materialistic approach (muh bigger land, muh bigger house, muh 2 cars). Manifest deatiny is another example.
More basic cliches. The average American cared more for religion and public morality than did the average Eurocuck.
>They did. Their sole presence and difference from the natives is a contribution.
Nonsense, the natives were barely present for most of our history, and no they did not. In fact, the first families of virginia saw their culture stomped out by the hordes of British immigrants. You presume to teach me history, but you yourself know nothing.
>Typical american stupidity again. The 20% thing comes from a study done in Mendoza a province next to Chile (which you didn't even bother to cite). Do the same study in the South and you'll get a 0%.
I don't give a damn, the point was culture, and a nation tends to homogenize its various regions. Moreover, a study in Buenos Aires revealed the average Argentinian to have 6% black ancestry and 14% amerindian.
>Mind you, +30% of white americans have african ancestry, specially in the Sout
Generally, they have less than 2% African ancestry.
>Also you re only proving the materialistic approach again. 'I'm 100 white. Therefore I'm superior and european'.
I don't give a damn for Europe or its culture. I'm just saying that no serious student, given the cultural and demographic climate of the average American settlement during this period of time, would say that Amerindian culture contributed majorly
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.