[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why arent Goys worried about the prospects of an automated military
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: robot-army-main (1).jpg (50 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
robot-army-main (1).jpg
50 KB, 615x409
Why arent Goys worried about the prospects of an automated military force. Seems like with the advancements of the Darpa Robots, we are only a few generation away from a fully automated military force. This would have several implication akin to the creation of nuclear bombs. And there are many powerful globalist entites who are advancing robot research in the hope of creating techs that would be effective in controlling the human population. We are already allowing parts of the military to become automated such as drones, so weve already crossed that slippery slope.
>>
Killer robots will keep the goy mongrel masses in check and the Jewish overlords and the shabbos goy inner party safe from harm. Sounds crazy, but it's coming.
>>
>>67301805
It would be interesting. If robots were weaponised, private armies would become feasible. And with the rich holdimg most of the worlds wealth, Id imagine they would be the only ones who could afford thousands of superhuman robotic soldeirs. Corporations will have their own private robot militais, who would fight sovereign nations for resources to make their products. They would also use these robots to process the resoirces and create their products. Whilst oppressing the local population. It would be like the days of the East India dutch company , but ten times worse. I could definately see this happening.
>>
>>67301529
Nump
>>
>>67301529

automated military forces are more expensive than regular military forces. Your average muhreen infantryman is paid far below min wage.
>>
>>67302899
This
>>
>>67303798
Youre under the assumption that theyd make robots who are only as productive as the average human soldeir. Whats more likely is that humanoid t soldiers will be more productive than 10 soldiers, thereby justify the huge expense. An army of 1000 super intellegenet super human humanoids will probably be more effective than a million special forces. They wont ever need to rest, consume food, and will probably be bullet/shrapnel proof.
>>
File: 615651561.png (904 KB, 1132x849) Image search: [Google]
615651561.png
904 KB, 1132x849
>>67303798
>>67304119
You are fucking retards who agree with shit that sound nice.
>>
>>67304812
Correction:Justifying
Intelligent
Soldier
>>
>>67302899

wouldn't the government have better robot armies though
>>
>>67305026
>Predator drones are the most effective and cheapest military hardware on the graph.
Youve just proved my point.
>>
>>67305419
Can't wait to see how effective the atlas are in urban combat. It's gonna be /fantastic/.

We officially cyberpunk now. Welcome to our post modern dystopia.
>>
>>67305312
Considering the huge amount of sovereign debt most advanced countries have and the fact that in the future, the gulf between the poor and the rich will keep widening, I think corporations eventually overtake governments.
>>
File: images.jpg (21 KB, 394x373) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
21 KB, 394x373
>>67305564
I think atlas will be the Ford model T of robotics. In the next couple of decades as we create more exotic materials suitable for a weaponised Humanoid and as AI/deep learning advances, we will see some scary shit.
>>
File: 1352705171001.png (33 KB, 883x548) Image search: [Google]
1352705171001.png
33 KB, 883x548
Way too expensive. One walking robot could cost as much as a plane; especially with the military's track record. A platoon would cost as much as an aircraft carrier.
>>
>>67306892
Again, youre assuming robots will only be as productive as a few human soldiers. In the future, a single robot will perform better than a whole regiment. And the only reason robots are so expensive today is because of the huge of amount of Research and Development that goes into robotics. As they mass manufacture Humanoids, the costs will go down like any other tech. Tho it will still be expensive, the costs wil be justified considering robots will have superior abilities and judgement. Inevitably there would be a robotic arms race
>>
>>67301529

First of all it's goyim, not 'goys'.

Secondly, worrying never achieves anything.
>>
>>67301529
I'm 18 and I want to build robots when I grow up. What do I study in college if I want to join Boston Dynamics?
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 608x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 608x960
>tfw you will never shoot an RPG with an electromagnetic warhead immobilizing a robot tank while your comrades place C4 on it
>>
>>67308084
Danskjävel, please.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation_hardening
>>
>>67302899
What I never understood in this scenario, is who buys the products keeping the corporations afloat if we're all slaves?
>>
>>67309062
It would be more like neo feudalism
>>
>>67308084
dont c4 it, steal it and reprogram it

>woops! we invested all this money into a soulless machine with no loyalties!
>>
>>67309319
I don't know man, I hardly see the world going this way in the long-term. There will be change once more.
>>
>>67308244
These robots dont even have to have radiation protection, they would probably have sensors so sensitive, theyd be able to detect electromagnetic warheads or anything that threatens its existence within a 10 km radius and theyd eliminate the threat in an instant. These robots will be superintelligent too. So theyd always be a a million moves ahead of Goyim
>>
>>67309727
Well the world is already going towards that direction. Corporation already owns much of the worlds resources. America is beholden to the elite, and the establishment are shills for the corps.
>>
>>67307951
Electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and AI programming.
>>
>>67310490
At the same time, more people have access to those resources and it's getting better actually. Dunno.
>>
>>67307951
Get into MIT.
>>
>>67311661
Not really, the middleclass in America is getting smaller every year as a result of outsourcing. Automation will pose a huge problem in the next couple of decades.
>>
>>67312000
There is no middle class in reality, it's a made-up term. You can be ib transition from worker to owner, but eventually you fall back into one of those categories. Anyway, I was speaking mostly about how the 3rd world is catching up somewhat.
>>
>>67312665
Who gaf about third world horders stealin ur jebs
>>
The Army is working on putting 90% of truckers out of work. The technology won't stay in the military. It will be adopted by the civilian world, leading to millions of truck drivers losing their jobs.

>>67312193
>>
biology will probably be more efficient than robotics for a long time. enhanced soldiers will be cheaper than robot soldiers, but I see robots being useful for one domain tasks like driving or watching a perimeter.
>>
>>67307879
Im sorry jude
>>
File: images.jpg (29 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
29 KB, 443x332
>>67314994
We are talking within the time frame of a few decades, this wont be available in a few years. The first cars with combustion engines performed worse than horses, but then in a few decades with investment, cars became the dominant mode of transport and horses made redundant. Id expect the same progress curve for robotic soldeirs.
>>
>>67314994
Biology is undoubtedly more efficient than robotics, or rather biological robotics is the distant future. The near future is regular robotics.
>>
Hah. Just wait until we start reverse engineering their metallic contraptions and use it against them.
>>
>>67301529
OP i have a friend that does some pretty high tech fabrication. Mostly building prototype stuff.
His company was bought out by a huge company that everyone here has heard of.
He was flown out to Cali, asked to sign a confidentiality agreement, and is currently working on this.
It's already happening.
>>
They lack foresight. OP is correct. Historically, there was a balance between the elites and the proles because the proles had the numbers. That will, in a few generations of technology, be erased, and there will be no reason to keep us around anymore.
>>
>someone that's never done a day's labor in his life commenting on robots outperforming humans
One day? Maybe. One day soon? Not a shot in hell.

Robots do well in manufacturing; literally every single other possible application, they get blown the fuck out by human labor.

Economically, speed, maintainability, and development.

Robots are not even a minor step close to accomplishing anything as complex as a human already can. And it's way cheaper to train and maintain a human than it is to develop and maintain a humanoid robot.

Humanoid robots are impractical, needlessly complex, and notoriously unreliable.

>Robots in manufacturing? Good
>Robots in maintenance? Awful
>>
The main cost of war to politicians is body counts. When too many boys start coming home in bags, public sentiment will sway and cost them votes.
The use of drones has proven to lower our casualties, and keep crying mothers off TV.
>>
>>67317857
Optimistically, it just means every human becomes the "Elite"

Although, for that to happen future population growth needs to be curbed p hard.
>>
>>67309844

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/mar/13/alphago-google-lee-se-dol

Within a decade, they'll be able to slap AI from the link into one of these War Machines. It will be able to learn, to outmaneuver and outplan humans, and when you kill it, the next body that it takes will keep all the knowledge.
>>
brb creating a one man country backed by the world's biggest army
>>
>>67314114
When you view the world, you don't just see the white parts, do you?
>>
>>67318053

GET IN HERE

AUSSIE PRIME MINISTER CAUGHT LYING ON TV ABOUT GUN CONTROL

IMPORTANT FOR ANYONE PRO-GUN
>>
>>67318589
>AI in a decade

get ready for school you little faggot
>>
>>67319520
You clearly do not understand the implications of the general-learning machine they've already created, as per the link. It doesn't have to talk like Arnold in Terminator to accomplish the tasks a military machine would need to do. Don't worry, it'll still be cheaper to keep Poles around to clean toilets.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.