[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are so few female heroes in Hollywood?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
It seems like there are very few female heroes in Hollywood. I guess the male superhero is considered safe because males will go and watch it and females so used to seeing male heroes will go out and watch it too. The male audience will not necessarily go out and watch a female heroed film.

Anyway, the few female hero films which I've seen, most prominently the Hunger games, the female is a very poor hero.

Take the Mockingjay part 2 for example:
Katniss Everdeen is no hero.

[SPOILER ALERT]

What I took away from the film was that Katniss Everdeen is NOT a hero nor a leader; she has no special skill (save the bow and arrow) and keeps getting used by others as a pawn. What she is, is ultimately someone just looking out for herself and her family. who "accidentally" ignited a revolution. . All throughout the film, she finds killing people repulsive etc.. In any other circumstance she would have been right, but not in this one. If you are at war, yes, people die and she should be willing to make sacrifices for the common good. And yet, she gets all soft and uncooperative. And she is psychologically unstable and the love triangle was honestly tiresome. Hardly the making of a hero.
>>
first hunger games was shit so I didnt watch the others. it doesnt matter whether or not the hero is female, it matters if the movie is good or not. Most of these movies with female heroes are shit. Not that hard to understand.
>>
>>67282773

>female hero
>baww she doesn't match MY ideal of a female hero

I wonder if whiny bitches like you are the reason female heroes are so unprofitable for Hollywood.
>>
Sigourney Weaver
That chick from The Labyrinth
Anjelica Huston in ice Pirates
Barbarella
Red Sonja
Xena the Warrior Princes

Care for me to go on?
>>
>>67282773
1. It's called a fucking heroine
2. Heroines are prone to being unconvincing Mary sues
>>
>>67283052
I went into it without absolutely no expectations and was blown away at how bad it was. That scene where that retard was on the ground with a painted face was so cringeworthy that I could barely get through the rest.

Also fuck Jennifer Lawrence.
>>
>>67282773
women can't be heroes

heroism requires personal sacrifice and honor, two concepts that women have not evolved to understand
>>
>>67282773
>The male audience will not necessarily go out and watch a female heroed film.

If she has big breasts I'm there.
>>
>>67283073
>>baww she doesn't match MY ideal of a female hero
I was matching it to my idea of a HERO minus the adjective you just inserted in front of it. Heroes empower you or make something scary look less so, she did neither of that. And I felt her courageous speeches cringeworthy.
>>
Read the shitty books
>leaf
Nevermind.
>>
>>67283581
I read all three.
>>
>>67282773
Creepy weirdo males write almost all the scripts and advocate for X script to be made into Y movie.

Males are vastly much more aggressive than females as a rule, so they get they way vastly much more of the time.

Waiting around for someone else to make your life easy or your idea a reality is a great way to never get your wish. (The mistake that not just women make. Many a weak male makes this same mistake too.)
>>
>>67283216
This.

Also, we never get to see the heroine get absolutely fucked on screen. Like creamy squeaking and squealing sex that is so vivid you can practically smell the love stank in the room.

Modern movies would even have a hard time showing a heroine who falls in love and finds a deep well of strength in the form of a loving husband and children.
>>
>>67283210
>all those except Sigourney and Xena

literally who
>>
>>67282773
The fuck are you talking about, women make shit heroes. In related news you might notice most are Jewish.
>>
Why are there so few female villains in paedowood?
>>
>Why are so few female heroes in Hollywood?

Um, because there are so few female heroes in reality? Just spitballin'.
>>
>>67284716
And have the acting talent of a toilet seat in India.
>>
>>67282773
I dunno, why are there so few female heroes in real life?
>>
>>67282773
Being a hero is a masculine trait, this is why so many female lead movies are lackluster or failures.
>>
File: 1448728506011.gif (1 MB, 292x323) Image search: [Google]
1448728506011.gif
1 MB, 292x323
>>67282773
Female heroes have very little basis in reality, so they often seem contrived to both sexes. Behaviours associated with heroes, like excessive risk taking, little to no concern for one's own safety, martyrdom etc. go against women's biological imperative and the interests of society at large as well. It's a silly fantasy only an affluent and relatively peaceful society could entertain.
>>
>>67282773
the only reason is the demography

men like action movies more so men go to see the movie and want to see a cool fuck they want to look up to

maybe one or two are about because of there bums.

thats why rom-coms exist

men aren't complaining about not having more main character rolls for rom-com.
>>
Because females don't want patriarchal concepts like heroism imposed on them and you should be ashamed of even suggesting it.
They want a lavish, modern, empowered lifestyle, like the one depicted in Sex And The City.
>>
>>67285058
/thread
>>
>>67287920
This, the price of being a hero is typically your life which is why the male hero architype is recognized the world over.
>>
>>67290703
You do realize that many women have sacrificed their lives for their children.
>>
File: 4256623.png (2 MB, 993x2517) Image search: [Google]
4256623.png
2 MB, 993x2517
>PEETA
>PEEEETA
>WHERE IS PEETA
>PEEETA
>credits
>4 oscars
>>
>>67291627
Oh my god, I hate that scene. Yes, it was good acting but it was so exhausting to watch and not entertaining at all.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.