[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is nihilism seen as a degenerate form of thinking and lumped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 480x360
Why is nihilism seen as a degenerate form of thinking and lumped in with the likes of cultural marxism? Can someone explain to me why nihilism is so bad?
>>
>IT'S JUST A RIDE BRO
>>
>>67268470
nihilists have no interest in furthering others political aspirations which frustrates other ideologues
>>
Because it's a temporary phase that either passes , results in becoming a loser or constantly depressed. You eventually realize that the people you love give life meaning.
>>
>>67268602
What does that even mean?
>>
>>67268687
Yeah but what if nothing is even real to begin with? The matrix theory made me a nihilist
>>
>>67268470
because people find it hard to live by ideals
so they would rather simplify the world and live by compromise

>nationalists are actually collectivists who just limit themselves to the nation because thats easier, instead of being true collecitivists

>capitalists are individualists who want to be free from societys force, yet cant live without it
>>
>>67268470
It hurts the feelings of pretty much everyone. Humans desperately want to be important.
>>
Because it says that life is pointless and values are without value. On that basis it is degenerate, contrary to the processes of life, etc.
>>
>>67268777
You eventually get over that, you seriously can't keep thinking that for a long time without beginning to develop some form of mental illness.
>>
>>67268687
>You eventually realize that the people you love give life meaning.
it isn't an objective meaning, but sure, they do. All existential nihilism states is that life is INHERENTLY meaningless... that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it nor make up your own meaning! It's the equivalent of realizing the sandbox has literally no inherent rules, no inheret goals, but that doesn't stop anybody from making a fucking awesome ass sand castle
>>
>>67268470
Nihilism often leads to Relativism and moral relativism, which leads to extreme Hedonism and immorality, not to mention depression and a lack of motivation.
It is of course, if it is interpreted by the stupid and the unstable, which is why it should not be the widespread trendy ideology that it is - the masses can't take it, and they cannot interpret it as forging their own destinies, but only as "I am god".
>>
>>67268942
In that case I guess I never left nihilism. I still think life is inherently subjective and that we're just wild animals feeling things out.
>>
>>67269099
>In that case I guess I never left nihilism.
>I still think life is inherently subjective

correct. it isn't that bad.
>>
I've got no problem with nihilism itself.

But here is a thought, is a murderer a nihilist? A thief? A drug addict?

Nihilism is just a name for our current cultural state. Without any orientations or obligations in our lives other than money, everything is permitted. Nihilism is not a superior perspective or a way to do anything other than spin out of control. Nihilism is not so much a way of action as it is a fact of western man's being.

Nietzsche saw what was coming. He was a prophet, not a saint. We are the last men.
>>
>>67269036
>nihilism leads to moral relativism leads to extreme hedonism and lack of motivation

True, happened to me. Still growing out of my #edge mentality of why should I care about other people's problems
>>
>>67269099
>>67268777
>He shrugged his shoulders. "I have known many gods. He who denies them is as blind as he who trusts them too deeply. I seek not beyond death. It may be the blackness averred by the Nemedian skeptics, or Crom's realm of ice and cloud, or the snowy plains and vaulted halls of the Nordheimer's Valhalla. I know not, nor do I care. Let me live deep while I live; let me know the rich juices of red meat and stinging wine on my palate, the hot embrace of white arms, the mad exultation of battle when the blue blades flame and crimson, and I am content. Let teachers and priests and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion. I know this: if life is illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and am content."
>>
>>67269449
Please describe for me the existence of morals and where they come from. Do they vary by culture? By what mechanism do we derive them from?
>>
Depends on what type of nihilism you're talking about.
I don't believe in a god, I don't believe in any sort of a reason for living. There is no point to living. So what? I still want to enjoy life and make the world a better place ever after I die. I see nothing wrong with that sort of nihilism.
What people don't like is that phase kids go trough where they go ''FUCK GOD! THERE'S NO REASON IN ANYTHING! LET THE WORLD BURN!''.
The people who associate with nihilism tend to be those fucktards who are just a waste of space angry whiners.
>>
>>67270136
>What people don't like is that phase kids go trough where they go ''FUCK GOD! THERE'S NO REASON IN ANYTHING! LET THE WORLD BURN!''.
>The people who associate with nihilism tend to be those fucktards who are just a waste of space angry whiners.

fucking spot on
>>
literally everything is nothing
>>
>>67269922
They come from the human attempt to create order from the chaos of nature within their culture, and while they do vary by culture they appear in every culture - my implication being that they are natural and necessary for a society to function.
Also, we see what an a-moral society looks like, and I'd say the positives of having a moral compass outweigh the negatives.
>>
Nihilism is inherently selfish and self aggrandizing

>nothing is real so #YOLO

is the essential nihilist viewpoint
>>
>>67270476
nice flag. I agree it is natural for them to be formed, but it is completely made up. The morals we make up are mostly based off of the NAP and related stuff, but it's all a fabrication. Do you see what I mean? Morality to culture are like rules to bingo, we do need them to get shit done, but they aren't really real. They're as real as we choose to believe they are, but much of it is also based on fear of the backlash. If I kill someone, the rest of society will come after me with their fabrictaed police and shit. I can whine and bitch about my moral relativism all I want, but when they put me in front of a firing squad, none of it matters. True, my desire to NOT kill is also based on empathy and altruism (which most likely evolved as a helpful practice for early humans), but it still doesn't matter. You yourself admitted they vary by culture. No universal moral law exists.
>>
>>67268470
Do you have a family?
>>
>>67271297
What a meaningless distinction though. People do not dismiss language, or politics, or art, purely because it is 'made up'. We invent these things to fulfill a function, that does not deprive of them of their use.
>>
>>67268687
What if no one loves me?
>>
File: 20111010.gif (92 KB, 576x747) Image search: [Google]
20111010.gif
92 KB, 576x747
>>67271217
That's not Nihilism's fault, thats weak as fuck retards who can't hack the truth.

Even if you're a nihilist it doesn't just completely change your personality. Retards just use it as an excuse. They like being edgy and acting better than others, and they like playing pretend on the internet.

Post modernism a shit.
>>
>>67271553
>We invent these things to fulfill a function, that does not deprive of them of their use.
^^That is literally my tl;dr for what I said^^

Please point out where I dismissed the need for it, and I will leave 4chan forever.
>>
>>67272060
I know its what you said, what I'm saying is that the distinction is completely meaningless.

Who cares if values are created and not discovered? What actual difference does it make, given we live in a world where people can choose to hold differing beliefs and ideals?

Even if there was a 'one true ideology', most of mankind would be 'wrong' and keep going at their preferred ideology, till the moon falls and the stars go out, so really why do people make such a big deal about this?
>>
File: being depressed. 2015..png (286 KB, 889x592) Image search: [Google]
being depressed. 2015..png
286 KB, 889x592
>>67268470
Productive nihilism is the true way to life your life
>Life has no real base meaning other than reproduce - I want more
>>
>>67268942

This. Sheep can't into nihilism without their heads exploding.
>>
Even if nihilism is degenerate it's still correct
>>
>>67268470
Insecure people have to hammer meaning into everything just to function.
>>
>>67273003
>>
>>67272269
Ok, so now we are simply talking about the applicablity of "philosophical" thought in everyday life. You have just described yourself as a moral nihilist and you bend over backwards to say it isn't important. Fine by me. I agree we may have more pressing matters to discuss, but this is the fucking internet and we may debate anything we want.

Anyways, it matters because questioning a specific society's moral code is no longer sacred ground. The moral code can be worked with and improved upon to potentially benefit all people.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.