[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Science has been hijacked by politics, religion and corporations.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 145787489.gif (448 KB, 500x808) Image search: [Google]
145787489.gif
448 KB, 500x808
Science has been hijacked by politics, religion and corporations.

Do you agree or do you disagree?
>>
>>67251621
Totally agree.

I have a PhD and used to work for major energy corporation.
>>
>>67251621
On a literal level no, because science is a tool anyone can use and it can't be hijacked. But science's good name has absolutely been used to do some immoral things that are very much against the guiding principles of science.
>>
>>67251692

I totally agree too. Just as people support the separation of church and state (and RIGHTFULLY so), I support the separation of SCIENCE and state. Keep the government out of science, bedrooms and wallets.
>>
File: 145642019.gif (138 KB, 348x501) Image search: [Google]
145642019.gif
138 KB, 348x501
Dr. Peter Gariaev is a Russian scientist who took eggs that were laid by a frog and then zapped those eggs with a laser light that had gone through eggs laid by a salamander. When the 'frog' eggs hatched, salamanders emerged from them - not frogs. The only thing that is necessary to rewrite DNA is wave information, which means that evolution can occur not through millions of years but instantaneously.
>>
>>67252837
False, next.
>>
>>67253099

True, cuck.
>>
>>67252837
That literally makes no sense on any level
>>
FUCK YOU BROKE MY EYES EVERYTHING IS WOBBLY
>>
Religion invented science as a means to better understand the world God created for us.

Irrelgious science is inherently self centered. People do it for themselves and not to share with man the nature of God's grace; you get worse results and articles behind payrolls when you do this.
>>
>>67251974
How is it that we have so few GMO studies?
And so few studies about islam and child abuse?
>>
>>67254035
seems to be okay now
>>
>>67254091

To bad religion burned scientist at the stake when the scientist they commissioned started disproving religion doctrine
>>
>>67254091
I wish god didn't require us to kill so many mice all the time.
>>
>>67252837
How do EM waves rewrite anything? EM waves are oscillations of electrons, not molecules. If you run a laser on an egg it'll just cook it.
>>
>>67252837
When will the Australians stop with their constant shitposting?
>>
>>67251621

They were the ones funding it in the first place.
>>
>>67254465
>67254465

Religion burned people at the stake for things independent of their research.

Excommunication, or simple expulsion from the University sufficed.

By comparison, scientists working outside the framework of religion killed millions by performing studies that downplayed the danger of smoking.

You really don't want to play the scoreboard game here.
>>
>>67254532

God doesn't require you to do anything.

You choose to perform your experiments this way.
>>
>>67251621
It depends on the field, but taking academia in general it's true.

t. academic
>>
>>67254834

Yes, funding it to use it to benefit their agendas. Science doesn't do agendas, science is simply the pursuit of that which is true. Agendas skew that which is true.
>>
>>67251621
thanks for the stroke
>>
>>67254035
That's just the vodka, Ivan.
>>
>>67252837
>utter bullshit
>'straya
Not even surprised.
>>
Only in the public sphere.

But at least it's not as bad as economics.
>>
>>67251621
of course. just look at global warming
>>
>>67256368

Hey, Bogan Science is a perfectly respectable field!
>>
I'm scared that obscure or specialized fields of science that require expensive equipment will be hijacked by centralized forces and they will devise diseases or foods that will kill us.
>>
File: 1294637272393.png (7 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
1294637272393.png
7 KB, 493x402
>>67251621
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.