[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DAYLIGHT SAVINGS WHY DO WE STILL DO IT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 1437373586639.jpg (3 MB, 3510x2551) Image search: [Google]
1437373586639.jpg
3 MB, 3510x2551
Hey hey /pol/ pot.

>Everybody remember to "spring ahead" today?

Why do we still do this shit /pol/? Majority of the population used to work in agriculture, so that made sense for them. But why the fuck do we change our TIME SYSTEM twice a year?

>The farmers are gone and robots can work in the dark.

I swear, since the last "fall back 1hr" I haven't slept right. I kept falling asleep early and waking up early. Today is the first day I feel like its back to normal.

>Should we or shouldn't we get rid of DST?
>>
>>67249663
DST is fine
>>
>>67249663
I doubt it has anything to do with agriculture.
As Saskatchewan doesn't do DST.
>>
>>67249663
So people can see and have more light in a day to work had in the summer. Just cause you sit at home all day watching mlp dosn't mean everyone does. Some of us work hard outside.
>>
Blame Ben "Hellfire" Fanklin for this wonderful idea.
>>
File: 16548826446.jpg (13 KB, 270x374) Image search: [Google]
16548826446.jpg
13 KB, 270x374
>>67249663
>canadian talking about non-real issues
>>
File: makecanadagreat.jpg (655 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
makecanadagreat.jpg
655 KB, 1024x768
>>67249663
I would love to live on a farm and grow crops like that, but I have no experience sadly. Looks really rewarding.

Also I heard Russia either was banning or already banned daylight saving time because it fucks with people's internal clocks.
>>
I'm not a fan of GMT (what we Brits are using until the 27th March) and much prefer BST.

However, it's not that big a deal to me, and I understand why it was introduced.

I think it's important that we continue to support agriculture, and if Daylight Savings Time helps with that, then that's okay with me.
>>
>>67249960
I'd also like to point out, without knowing what he's talking about either.

As I stated earlier, our agricultural province of Saskatchewan doesn't into DST.
>>
>>67250118
The time on the clock means fuck all to a farmer.

The fact the sun is up is all that matters.
>>
>>67249809
this
also savage
>>
>>67250195
What about scheduling deliveries and things? Farming doesn't end on the farm. We still need to transport crops / foodstuffs to plants and shops.

But saying that, I'm only going off a small amount of information, I haven't read any particular studies on DST and agriculture.
>>
>>67250343
As I've stated twice before already.
Our agricultural dominated "bread basket" province of Saskatchewan doesn't into DST.

Business, runs on DST. Not farmers.
>>
>>67250122

>Flatter than your mom
>Ever needing DST anyway

Stay relevant Bread land.
>>
>>67249663
WHY ARE THE KIKES STEALING AN HOUR OF MY DAY!?

WTF I WAS GONNA SHITPOST AND FAP AND NOW I ONLY HAVE TIME TO SHITPOST

GAS THE FUCKIN KIKES
>>
>>67249809

Nigger I'm an indoor/outdoor labourer in the Rockies. First hand experience since moving here is that the mountians+DST fuck EVERYTHING up for a while after the Fall
>>
>>67249805
That's literally the reason it was established.
>>
>>67250624
Then explain why our bread growing province ignores it.

Might it have something to do with the fact that the day starts when the sun comes up, and not what the clock says?
>>
It's not farming dumb ass. It's because of factories. When it's light out you dont need to pay as much for artificial lighting. Why would a farmer care what time it is? If the sun is up he works. He doesn't need a clock at all.
>>
>>67250720
Can't plant bread until the clock says so, goy.
>>
>>67250720

>Ignoring that Sackland is flat and doesn't need a time fix in the first place.
>>
>>67249663
Oh it's even worse than you think. Even though we use less light at night in the summer we use more air conditioning because we're up an hour later when we would be sleeping and the morning hours when it's cooler we're missing because we're asleep.

The net gain is 0
>>
>>67249663
Should be DST all day, everyday. This is one of the things that makes life in AZ pleasant, having guaranteed hours of sunlight to enjoy after a day of work.
>>
>>67250887
Explain how a flat landscape makes any difference whatsoever.
>>
>>67250929

This.

Also my own conspiracy is that they like fucking with people's sleep schedules.
>>
>>67251013

>Geographic formations and elevation above sea level contribute in a massive way to the available sunlight at different times of day. *extreme example: where I live in the Rockies.

Big flat piece of land gets uninterrupted sunlight.
>>
>>67250930

this. If I didn't have to adapt my sleep schedule twice a year I'd be a much happier leaf.
>>
>>67249663
It's completely absurd to do it. Can businesses not just change their own opening hours if it actually winds up being a problem.
Let the free market handle it.
>>
>>67249663
stop drinking yourself to sleep and you'll rest better.

you're seriously complaining about a one hour time shift?

please never travel across multiple datelines and get jet lag; you'll probably die. stay right where you are like you always have.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.