[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Red pill me on this /pol/. Why are asians so into intellectual
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: DSCF4053__1_.0.0.jpg (543 KB, 2040x1360) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4053__1_.0.0.jpg
543 KB, 2040x1360
Red pill me on this /pol/.

Why are asians so into intellectual games and the west into physical games? Difference in evolution? The same evolution that made africans more suited for running worked its way towards asians in making them more cerebral? With the influx of blacks in the west, are we dumbing down to the nigger level? What if we import asians, would we be a smarter society?
>>
>>67248447
>Why are asians so into intellectual games and the west into physical games?
I'll be honest, I don't think Asians can really compete in sports in the west. Whites can compete in the highest level at both, blacks can't compete in intellectual games.
>>
>>67248682
e-sports?
>>
>>67248447
Cold climates that force you indoors lend to indoor games, warm climates lead to the opposite.
>>
>>67248752
Go
>>
>>67248752
What about them? Korea obviously dominates Star Craft.
>>
Asians are good at ping pong, the most athletic of all the sports.
>>
>>67248447
LoL champions from last year were from America but they were all Asians.
>>
LoL and sc2 and those are just Koreans. And those games are more mechanical that intellectual.
>>
>>67249293
What about Counterstrike and Chess? Arguably more mechanical and intellectual respectively, but they're dominated by whites.

A lot of this stuff comes down to culture. For example, there's pretty much an even amount of LoL players in America and South Korea, despite the US having 6x the population. 20% of LoL players in the US don't even play ranked, where the majority of LoL players in Korea do. Also, all of the kids are playing it at school so it builds a competitive drive to be better than your friends. Add to this that everyone has less than 10 ping due to South Korea being so small, compared to US's 80ping+ sometimes, and you have a better environment to breed talent.

Similar things with SC2.
>>
>>67249646
Only around 20% of LoL players play ranked
>>
File: true skill.jpg (1 MB, 2968x1460) Image search: [Google]
true skill.jpg
1 MB, 2968x1460
>>67249293

Korean game - SC2 LoL
CS - white people game
Fighting games that require brains - Japan, Asia and Europe
Fighting games that don't require brains - USA (Marvel)
>>
File: LiaoHuiCJ.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
LiaoHuiCJ.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Best chess player in the world is, to my knowledge, some white Norwegian guy.
Best weightlifters (at least in the weight categories for shorter guys, i.e. the categories were Asians typically fit in) are Chinese.
>>
File: logh.jpg (88 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
logh.jpg
88 KB, 640x400
>>67249646
Whites mostly play WoW. They do boss raids which are strategic. Asians mostly LoL and SC2 are tactical. Big difference I guess?

Also pic related. White guy is strategic and the Asian guy is tactical.
>>
>>67248447
>>67248752
>>67248945

Starcraft is not an "intellectual" game
It's a NEET game
>>
File: 1440367242013.jpg (379 KB, 1111x597) Image search: [Google]
1440367242013.jpg
379 KB, 1111x597
>>67249846
>dota
>brutal and intriguing

Its literally a simplified version of a simplified warcraft 3 game mode
>>
>>67248447
go professional players have average iq, asians problably have higher average iq, but difference between european and asian go players is that in asia you are considered old if you start playing go at age of 8. Not to mention that almost all pro asian pro players skip school so they can play go...
>>
>>67249846
Europe is shit at fighting games, their only good player was a Chinese immigrant
>>
>>67248447

Westerners like seeing burly black man do physical activities, like banging their wives
>>
>>67249118
>LoL
Cool but we are talking about intellectual games.
>>
>>67248447
>starcraft and DOTA

>intellectual

Holy shit. For a second i thought you meant chess or something. Do you guys even do games like that?
>>
Why is Team Philippines always by far the most retarded team in LoL tournaments?
>>
>>67249846
then throwing a hissy fit just before getting rekt returns gamers into degeneracy
>>
>>67249293
RARE
A
R
E
>>
>>67250106
In most studies, westerners have higher verbal skill but lower spacial skill. IQ is an average of such, so they are more "averaged" out when taken into consideration.

>>67250429
The picture is a 18 time go board champion. His match was watched by more than 100+ million in Asia. Everyone from their grandma to kids in mini-mart are talking about it. The only comparison I saw is the physical sports like superbowl/football/boxing/etc in the west.
>>
>>67249920
That could be. I mainly see whites tending to play shooters whether it's Halo/COD on console, or CS on PC.
>>67249846
>implying melee isn't the highest skill fighting game
>>
File: Evo 2015 MK winner.webm (3 MB, 1080x608) Image search: [Google]
Evo 2015 MK winner.webm
3 MB, 1080x608
>>67250165

Europe has Soul calibur at least and won a SF4 Evo, America has not even won a SF evo and has only won Marvel and MK lol

pic related
>>
>>67250837
absolutely degenerate
>>
>>67250678
my point is that making assumptions based on go is wrong, because go has zero tradition outside asia...
>>
>>67248447
i believe it is because to climb in asian society required almost totally mental discipline whereas to climb in western society required a mix of physical and mental discipline.

that is, people of high status in asian cultures are likely to be intellectually top-tier (leaders of chinese communist party has many engineers and STEM degree holders), while leaders of western countries are likely to be like Bill Clinton - 6 foot 2 mesomorphs with above average intelligence.

to rise among the mongolians or any other great asian empire required wits sometimes on par with but many times exceeding what would be required in western societies. it is probably the reason why they control their facial expressions so much as well. it is more costly to give anything away, socially, than in western societies where size and "presence" still play a large role.

i do not know why this is, but i think it has something to do with them having less muscle mass individually and more people. or perhaps that goes the other way around. nobody really knows.

this is probably all bullshit, but it feels right.
>>
>>67248447
They are pressurised to work hard at their schooling, most who are failing kill themselves, they're basically only as smart as what books tell them, that's why China aren't producing anything spectacular, get back to me when they have found a cure for cancer or a free energy machine.
>>
>>67251339
>this is probably all bullshit, but it feels right.
it seems pretty accurate to me.
>>
>>67251339
>i believe it is because to climb in asian society required almost totally mental discipline whereas to climb in western society required a mix of physical and mental discipline.

Sounds legit.
>be intelligent European
>peers are either very strong or very strong and smart
>must be stronger and more cunning to surpass

>be Asian
>peers are either slightly stronger or quite a bit smarter
>be smart
>rule over muscular pack mules
>>
>>67251465
correct
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXswlCa7dug
>>
>>67249293
>>67249646
Its about localized information and global information processing imo. Whites are good at taking in details at specifics, we see this in lots of things that require accuracy. Asians are more specialized in processing global details, thus emphasize more over long term consequences and general probable results. Specializations have its uses for accuracy and Generalizations have its uses in overall consistency.

>>67251251
Tradition has basis on familiarity and intuitiveness of things. Chess is Indian origin but its more intuitive for the west. Card games are Chinese. Rock paper scizzor are japanese. But those games are much more intuitive. If your intuition is oriented towards certain fields, you will most likely go in that direction. On a societal level, this will move the population and culture. There are exceptions like Michael Redmond.

I personally think there is some weight to this. This is ofcourse not the deciding factor, but rather any sort of leverage will be enough to get you oriented in such direction if you dont know about it.
>>
>>67251465
China isn't producing anything spectacular mainly because Mao destroyed the whole intellectual history with his cultural revolution. He started the country from new blank state so to speak. Within half a century, they are now on to become the most powerful country, trailing the US and catching up rapidly.

Take india for example, its another long lived civilization. Because it didn't have a large scale destruction of its culture and intellectual traditions, they are able to push harder into intellectual pursuits. Look at the silicon valley, more than a third of the population are from india or east asian. The tech field is slowly orienting towards asian (indian/east asian) field due to its focus on meritocracy.
>>
Asians sacrificed physical superiority for intellectual potency

They're essentially a step ahead in human evolution imo.
>>
>>67249868
You can't compare weightlifting with sports like team sports.

I explain the difference.
>weighlifting
>there is a finite set of moves a chink can learn

>ball sports
>everything can happen
>>
>>67251465
Not really, most nowadays popular inventions are due the picky media and gov back up, i.e. germany still do good innovation but compared in history they really lost attention from the ppl. Especially china suffers from the isolation that is instigated by the US (china bashing).
>>
>>67252815
They aint the only one. Even white ppl r more physical sissy compared to their parents and grandparents in their youth. I think only africa hasnt took this step, even went into opposite direction.
>>
>>67252148
>more than a third of the population are from india or east asian.
what are h1b visas
>>
File: 8.jpg (21 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
21 KB, 340x340
>Asia
>One race
>>
>>67248447
>what if we import Asians
You'll become Russia/Central Asia 2.0
>m-muh Eurasian muhsterrace
>>
clearly you haven't commented on how many gold medals China has been winning
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.