[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should free speech apply to everyone, /pol/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: 67576.png (350 KB, 1000x526) Image search: [Google]
67576.png
350 KB, 1000x526
Should free speech apply to everyone, /pol/?
>>
yes

also
>implying those anita threats were real

mob of people trying to attack you physically =/= a spooky phone call
>>
>>67219744
Yes
>>
File: 1423845733908.png (143 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1423845733908.png
143 KB, 960x720
>implying SJW attentionwhores haven't been caught time and again as the sender behind the threats they received

that episode of Law & Order was fucking meme magic, though
>>
They defend Anita but blame Trump on threats
>>
>>67219744
>unverified threat on a nobody
>violent mob threatening to attack valuable billionaire and politician
I hate you
>>
Anita is free to spew her feminist garbage. She's free to lie about getting death threats, too. She does not have the right to censor my shit.
>>
>>67219830
But them calls are spooky mr. leaf.
How do they know my number?
>>
>>67219744
except anita's threat was totally made up by her so she could earn victim points
>>
just remember folks, freedom of speech doesn't guarantee freedom of consequences
>>
>>67220428
>>67220292
you got proof, gomerpyles?
>>
>>67220187
5 threads on /v/ jizzing at how stupid it was. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT4hog3qOrs
>>
Clearly Anita's divisive rhetoric was cause for the violent threats.
>>
>>67219744
>Should free speech apply to everyone, /pol/?
Yes. Even the leftist degenerates are allowed to speak.
>>
>>67219744
No it shouldn't. People who are anti-America should ideally be deported, or have rights taken away
>>
>>67220476
The burden of proof is on you, asshole. You can't pull that shit here.
>>
>>67219744
Of course. Even KKK and BLM deserve free speech unless they plan to create violence against other group or people.
>>
>>67220459
Kill yourself
>>
No, should not apply to everyone.
Free speech only applies to me, because only I am correct.
>>
File: 1454118718728.webm (538 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1454118718728.webm
538 KB, 600x338
Violence is not covered by free speech. People should protest if they want to, if they resort to violence their rights end. This goes for both sides. If you support violence to suppress freedom of speech, you are a coward.
>>
It looks like the people in this thread don't realize that Free Speech only applies to the government not being allowed to take action that would limit anyone's free speech except in incidents where that free speech will affect someone else's rights (in-sighting violence).
>>
>>67219744
First Amendment just protects you from the government
>>
>>67221196

This is the most retarded liberal meme i've ever seen and i cannot fucking wait for a private militia or some other extremist group to sweep through and with boots on your neck all the people across all the bridges you burn will look and say "Who cares, it's not the government doing it!"
>>
>>67221397
This. That's why I am confused that liberals love to censor other people's opinions but they will scream oppression if they are being censored by other people.
>>
>>67221196
Yes, free speech in the first amendment generally applies to the government.

If you believe in the PRINCIPLE of free speech you would stand against censorship no matter what. If you don't, you're anti-free speech, and a terrible person.
>>
>>67220992
it's true though. it's the same reason you guys encourage people to report to the fbi when they say things about presidential candidates you like
>>
>>67219744
The idea of free speech was not written into this country in order to protect popular opinion.

If you are not willing to protect UNPOPULAR speech than you are not willing to have free speech at all.

without what we have deemed "hate speech" you just have a bunch of assholes agreeing with each others bullshit.
>>
>>67222015
see
>>67220897
>>
>>67220838
>major news site reports she was threatened
>anon on a mandarin pantomime imageboard says it was a lie

the burden of proof is actually on you, sugartits.
>>
>>67223561

IIRC (there may have been multiple situations like this) she filed no police report on the threat, no law enforcement was consulted regarding it, that certainly puts most of the known 'facts' regarding this squarely in the 'She faked it for media attention' camp.
>>
>>67219744

Yes, the first amendment is explicit about it. Whether people will accept idiotic, yet passionately defended, ideas is another question entirely though,
>>
>>67222154
this is what people don't understand. The most extreme examples of "hate" will always be used by tyrants as the exception that proves the rule. Banal speech such as "how's the weather?" doesn't need protection.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.