[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Atheists BTFO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 500x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 500x800
Atheists BTFO
>>
>>67217943
Second one should be of god takin a shit
>>
what's that even mean
>>
>>67217943
if you go to this guy's cognitive theoretical model of the universe and ctrl + f God --> http://www.ctmu.org/

he explains some shit pretty well
even the man with the highest IQ in the world believes in a supreme being
>>
That doesn't make any sense. There is an observable Universe and we understand how gravity works which explains orbits and many other things..

Does the picture imply our minds are simply simulating a life for us so that we can understand?
>>
File: 85x85_1337135943311.gif (154 KB, 85x85) Image search: [Google]
85x85_1337135943311.gif
154 KB, 85x85
>>67218144
IQ tests are bullshit and the only supreme being I believe in is the laws of physics
>>
>>67217943
i think Op has confused atheist and people with faith in god

your just sitting in a room arent you. you believe some guy is watching over everything
>>
>>67218144
>even the man with the highest IQ in the world believes in a supreme being
What does this have to do with anything at all? This is like an appeal to pseudo authority. The man with the highest IQ on earth could be a middle school drop out, he has literally no inherent authority on any topic at all.
>>
Except atheism is 100% the most logical consistent and true position to hold.

If you are not an atheist in 2016 you're clearly lying to yourself.
>>
>>67218462
It's a low-level argument using the same shit that atheists always bring up "muh Dawkins muh Hawking muh 6 gorrillion IQ" as if that actually continues to any argument
>>
>>67218272
>IQ tests are bullshit

The only thing that's bullshit here is you. Top lel holy fug
>>
>>67218680
>Except atheism is 100% the most logical consistent and true position to hold

Wrong

Atheism is akin to claiming that there is a grand piano in the center of the sun
It is a belief that is entirely without merit and is based upon a sole, evidenceless, claim
>>
>>67218162
There is no possible for you to know we are not a simulation controlled by a supreme being.

>>67218272
how many .org papers have you published?

>>67218462
except he is right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHtxZBZfFfs
>>
>>67218680
No you idiot, and the fact that you so confidently propose this only serves to show that you have not at all given enough thought or effort into this, and that you just don't care.

There are in fact logical arguments and positions you can hold and propose regarding this topic. You will have nothing to do with any of them.

This sort of apathy and ignorance truly disgusts me.
>>
>>67218680
i hope this is b8,
>>
>>67218936
Nah he's right though

Doesn't matter what your IQ is if you're some friendless neckbeard posting on 4chan or some depressed loser whose only solace is "muh IQ, i-i'm smarter than everyone else!11!1"

It's your actions that matter, not how you scored on some test
>>
>>67217943
>>
>>67219115
Look at the flag
>>
>>67218854
>muh Dawkins muh Hawking muh 6 gorrillion IQ

You sound retarded, like you can not even remotely articulate a point. Explain yourself, and cite your accusations.
>>
>>67219203
You're right in your latter part of your post, but you also continue on to make wild assumptions that have no bearing on whether or not IQ is valid or not in what it sets out to do and what its goals and purpose are.

I suppose it's nice that you have the consolation of being somewhat right while also being stupid.
>>
>>67219276
It was in reference to an appeal to authority fallacy

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority
>>
>>67219276
He can reasonably cite your own post as evidence for his proposition t b h
>>
Most atheists are "intellectual wannabes." They say that they cannot prove a universal negative, yet many of them claim that there is no God. It's the twisting of the logic, and lies taught by today's inferior "dumbed down" educational system (including the dumbed down European educational system) that have lead me to believe that most atheists are asshats. I cannot take anyone seriously when that cannot understand even the most basic logical arguments. They say that the burden of proof is on the person making the claim when most of them are too fucking dumb to know what a claim even is. To them, the phrase "I believe in God" requires the believer to provide evidence. OKay, so the asshats want the believer to prove that they believe in God? Atheism is a reflection of a low IQ and a lazy mind.
>>
>>67218116
Atheists think that they're at the cutting edge of scientific discoveries and inventions, yet at the very same time they can not come to the conclusion that no God or higher power exists. Compounded by the fact that many atheists are not very bright or scientific, they are left to their own devices to create or give some sort of meaning to their lives without the influence of religion. Since religion provides spiritual guidance and a community, atheists tend to be more individualistic and as a result are more likely to be narcissistic in their personalities than religious people who tend to have strong communities.
>>
>>67219350
Knowing someone's IQ is only useful if you're a psychologist trying to formulate a plan for treating a patient

IQ is NOT an indicator of possible future success or failure
>>
>>67217943

Atheists sit in a green screen studio and an animation of a black hole is added in in post production?
>>
>>67219420
No shit. And you're issuing forth absolutes about a massive group of strangers "always" committing it.

You're a meming mongoloid.
>>
>>67219613
What? Yes it is. There is a demonstrable correlation between IQ and success in any given career, and a prevalence in careers that require a higher degree of education or thinking.
>>
>>67219737
Because who are these atheists at their core, the /pol/ ones anyway?

They always prove to be friendless fedoralords in their sophomore year of college majoring in STEM who think that because they're taking physics II that they're actually smart
>>
>>67219613
>>67219890
In fact not only is the last part what you said wrong, but it's hardly even useful for a psychiatrist or any other kind of psychologist for treating a patient, as opposed to literally anything else.
>>
>>67219890
>source: me arse

Also correlation is not causation
>>
>>67219957
>always

And there you go again.

Just be real about it. What you mean to say is "people who don't think the way I want them to are bad!". You've got nothing but strawmen, and you're basically just handing out free victories to any atheist who reads your babbling.
>>
>>67219350
Basing a concept of intelligence on IQ test scores aloneis completely stupid.

For one reason or another is was overblown by the general public.
>>
>>67219890

I have seen people with a supposedly "high" IQ that did not even know that a fucking computer requires power; therefore, you must plug the power cord into the wall jack for it to run.

IQ tests are meaningless. They do not measure all aspects of intelligence. This is the reason why we have people with double digit IQs earning their PhDs IQ tests are shit.
>>
>>67220000

No, you're wrong, sorry. Enjoy your low iq though you inferior scum
>>
>>67220016
In this case not only can it be reasonably inferred that it is in fact intelligence, of which IQ is arguably a very good indicator and measure of.

And it doesn't even fucking matter if intelligence is the cause, because the correlation is still there, which is a fact, and this means that IQ can in fact be used as a guide for potential academic and career success. And when coupled with other things like a mental toughness test and perhaps The Big Five, you can probably even get a pretty accurate read on how well a specific person will do in life, based on objective and defined measurements of success.

>>source: me arse

Confirmed for not even giving a shit about IQ, its merits, or what it even is past the point of calling out the retards that use it as a worthless way to validate themselves.

>>67220289
Not really? That last part is true, though.

>>67220320
Literally the worst post in this thread, good job.

>>67220383
I have an IQ of 135.
>>
>>67220429

No, we just see through the illogic and asshatry that you seem to take pride in. The educational system is a big shit pile. You are living proof of that.
>>
>>67220000
>it's hardly even useful for a psychiatrist or any other kind of psychologist for treating a patient

Source?

>>67220208
>What you mean to say is "people who don't think the way I want them to are bad!"

Not at all I was simply pointing out the fallacy in using IQ as some sort of source
Just because someone who's really smart said something that doesn't make it right and a lot of really intelligent people fall victim to that, they believe their intelligence is able to span all subjects even those that they have never studied
>>
>>67220537
>No, we just see through the illogic and asshatry that you seem to take pride in

t. insecure asshat that has an emotional stake in whether or not IQ is a valid way to determine intelligence. Can't say I'm surprised that this is what you turned out to be, given your first post. You make it a little too obvious desu desu, almost like you're a caricature.
>>
File: white genocide 232.png (290 KB, 546x410) Image search: [Google]
white genocide 232.png
290 KB, 546x410
>>67220289
>Europeans, Jews, and East Asians have the highest IQs
>These groups are at the forefront of scientific development, inventions, engineering, medicine and are most prominent in literature, the arts, architecture, etc.
>IQ tests are irrelevant and don't mean anything.
Sure buddy.
>>
>>67220429
How well you do in life is based upon your own choices, the actions of others, and random chance

IQ doesn't even factor in here

Look at the niggers who can't even read yet are multi millionaires

IQ is completely irrelevant at the end of the day

It's so funny to see STEMfags shit on other people about intelligence when they're friendless permavirgins who hate life, I know way too many of these clowns and I blame myself for choosing such a field of study
>>
>>67221217
>IQ doesn't even factor in here

God you really are stupid
>>
>>67221187
You're citing the actions of a few people as indicative of what entire populations are capable of and you're neglecting the fact that there's plenty of high IQ people who never amount to shit because they don't have a work ethic

Work ethic>>>>>IQ

If you have both then you're good to go, same as if you just have work ethic, but if you IQ without work ethic or desire to succeed then you won't amount to shit you'll be working at a fuckinf servo for your entire life
>>
File: 1426612851886.jpg (203 KB, 728x574) Image search: [Google]
1426612851886.jpg
203 KB, 728x574
>>67221217
>pointing out a few exceptions to the rule
>"HAHAHA I DEBUNKED UR STUPID CLAIM XDXDD HAHA :^)"
How's life under a bridge, Mr. Troll?
>>
>>67221465
>you are really stupid

not an argument
>>
>>67221661
It's the single exception that debunks the universal claim
>>
>>67221668
It doesn't have to be.
>>
>>67221734
Wrong. It's a general rule showing that societies with people with higher IQs create better societies than those which have lower intelligence.

Europe>Africa.

Your argument is still weak and unsubstantiated to be even considered as anything other than trash. Stop being a contrarian because you don't look as cool as you think you do, you actually look really edgy and stupid.
>>
>>67221753
Good to see someone finally admit they're wrong, that's an all too rare trait amongst humanity
>>
>>67222063
It doesn't show cause, only correlation and this is with regards to entire populations

I never said that IQ wasn't useful for studying populations, it's like BMI in that regard. Good for studying groups, shit for individuals
>>
>>67217943
You just now discovered what a green screen is?
>>
>>67219004
>implying religion is any different
>>
>>67220016
>>67220320

High IQ doesn't guarantee success but you're most likely not going to be successful if you have very low IQ. Only stupid people think standardized tests are meaningless.
>>
>>67218272
And who do you think made those laws.
>>
>>67219890
You should be interested to note then, that Einstein could not remember how to tie his shoelaces, a seemingly very simple task.
>>
>>67222948
Very low IQ well obviously not because then you're likely to be actually retarded

And a standardized test is meaningless unless you have the action to back it up
What good is a high IQ if you don't have the desire to go achieve?

Now if you take your IQ test and score high on it and then apply work ethic to do something like become a doctor or an engineer then it's all good but at the same time many people will just say fuck it and carry on with their mediocre yet comfortable existence

If you have an average IQ but a strong work ethic and desire to succeed then you can also achieve great things that many people around here assume only comes about as a result of high IQ
>>
>>67223740
Work ethic is important, but work ethic alone would only take you so far if you have average intelligence.
>>
>>67224622
It can easily take you to an upper middle class existence
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.