[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Climate Change
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Climate-Change[1].jpg (137 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Climate-Change[1].jpg
137 KB, 1280x720
Is it is real, and if so: Is it our fault?

Also, if it is fake, what is the reasoning behind people like Al Gore?
>>
It's not

/thread
>>
Yes and fuck no.
>>
>>67186140
>/threading your own post

kill yourself retard
>>
>>67186037
Anyone who thinks we already have definitive answers to those questions is the real problem. There are too many conflicts in the evidence, as it stands right now, to say what the real picture is
>>
It's real but it doesn't really matter.

Greedy opportunists on both sides. I think we've run our course so might as well live your life.
>>
>>67186037
don't care. if it is, still don't care.

nothing should be done.
>>
File: CO2 vs. Temp feb2009_fig1.gif (43 KB, 750x371) Image search: [Google]
CO2 vs. Temp feb2009_fig1.gif
43 KB, 750x371
>>67186037
The climate is always changing, we contribute to it but according to research it's extremely marginal in the grand scheme of things so far.

Another thing is China and India have the highest emission and America making it's citizens pay for all this "Green Energy" bullshit, we are a drop of a drop in the bucket.
>>
there is no discussion on whether or not the earth is warming.

The question is to what degree human action influences is, and to what degree western human interaction at that.
>>
>>67186172
LOOOOOOOOL
>>
>>67186037
It's real, but we're fucked anyway. Unless we all stand up and sort our shit out collectively but I doubt that will happen. Enjoy the next 50 years.arctic-news.blogspotcouk
>>
It's real and there's no stopping it. The ones who benefit from those cities, that'll be lost to the waters, stand to gain a lot.
>>
>>67186037
climate change is a thorny issue that does not lend itself at all well to the current political paradigm of libruls/conservatards & election cycle propaganda

climate is an extremely difficult thing to predict, measure and understand. it involves huge amounts of variables, massive periods of time and areas of geography. it's also not a field that we created for ourselves thus we have imperfect knowledge about it.

most of the science i've seen indicates that our rapid increase in consumption of fossil fuels in the last 100-150 years or so is having an effect on the existing climate systems and changing them in ways that could be threatening to life on earth

i tend to agree with that view, it makes common sense
>>
>>67186485

Geologist fag here. I hate graphs like this, go back a 30 million years or so and CO2 levels were way above present.

If anything our planet I currently cooler than most of the last 500 million years, and would probably be more productive a bit warmer.

It is the rate of temperature change that may be important. Though there are other times that rapid change may have occurred and live survived fine in the long run (e.g. paleocene eocene thermal maximum). We may trigger a mass extinction but it will be a combination of many environmental problems not just climate change.

Plus evolution occurs fadtest during times of stress, we could inavertently evolve a superior species of life after we inevitably wipe ourselves out.
>>
>>67186037

100% real.

100% our fault.

Totally irreparable. The problem cannot be fixed without killing billions of people.

And that's exactly what's going to happen. Either nature will do the job, or the elites will engineer something that does the job for them. Either way, it's going to happen in our life time.

And the survivors will look back on the cataclysm and say "it had to happen to save the world."
>>
Yes it's real.

Yes it's our fault (partially). We have a responsibility to combat the climate change that we create.
>>
>>67186037
The climate has never been static, it's always changed.
And guess what?
Man has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>67186037
http://www.nature.com/nclimate/journal/v6/n3/full/nclimate2938.html

tl;dr global warming and climate change hasn't been happening for the last 15 years.

It's a scam.
>>
If you don't like climate change you're more than welcome to complain to the sun.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.