[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Capitalism, Libertarianism & Morality
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: matrix pepe.gif (607 KB, 800x792) Image search: [Google]
matrix pepe.gif
607 KB, 800x792
Hi /pol/. I seem to be caught up in a dilemma. I'm all for capitalism, free markets and what-not, but is capitalism inherently incompatible with morality? (hatred for degeneracy). I hold a lot of libertarian principles too, but I'm an authoritarian person by nature when it comes to government-enforced morality. is there an ideology that combines my love of free markets with the iron-fist morality of government?
>>
>>67181847
You should look up what a "High Tory" is. Sounds like what you're after here based porkchop.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Tory
>>
>morality of governments

Just study sociology or something
>>
>>67182211
I basically believe in a libertarian society in an economic sense (ultra-capitalistic with no regulations), but also believe government should enforce morality on its citizens through indocrination and rules as a nanny state when it comes to surveillance to prevent crime and militarized police
>>
>>67182588
Crime is a product of desperation and niggers. If you're truly free market, employment participation would be higher reducing the need for surveillance.

Not to mention your viewpoint is contradictory.
>>
>>67182940
>Not to mention your viewpoint is contradictory.
Care to explain, Mr. Trudeau? I seem to be a very authoritarian person by nature, but I also like capitalism.
>>
>>67183091
You'd probably like anything pertaining to Singapore
>>
>>67181847
I think Singapore has a system like that. Don't know what you could call it though, and it isn't quite to the extreme as you seem to desire.
>>
>>67182588
Yeah the high Tories believed in markets and deregulation but there was an intrinsic respect for class beyond that of mere wealth acquisition. They was a strong belief in tradition. The society did not need a large policing force as there was high cultural unity and even though there was still degeneracy it was not extolled as virtue.
>>
>>67183351
Seems to be my dream city-state, desu senpai. It's very pro-business but fags can't marry, people can't spit on the streets (my biggest fucking pet peeve) and protestors can't protest. It sounds like paradise.
>>
>>67183351
>>67183352

>Be Singaporean
>get shot for more than an oz of dude weed lmao

Literally Indian tier morality
>>
>>67183687
the main issue with Singapore is that the birthrate is horribly low because it's populated mostly by rich businessmen and women from other countries
>>
>>67182588
That might work in a theocracy. Otherwise you get Sweden.
>>
>>67183769
But I like that leaf. Granted, I only like authority as long as it suits me, but the authority that those based chinks enforce seem to directly correlate with my beliefs.
>>
>>67182588

Singapore and Hong Kong are the closest things that come to mind.
>>
>>67184186
>>67183989
>>67183846
>>67183459
So do I fall in the "alt-right" category? What the hell is this?
>>
>>67181847
Pinochet tbqh
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.