[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This photo of a black man’s public hanging decorated a Joe’s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 650x366
Two patrons of a Joe's Crab Shack restaurant in Roseville, Minn., were alarmed to see an image of a black man being publicly hanged in the artwork on their table. At a press conference with the Minneapolis NAACP they described what they saw and demanded an apology. (TheUpTake.org)

Tyrone Williams and Chauntyll Allen said they went to Joe’s Crab Shack in Roseville, Minn., on Wednesday night for a friend’s early birthday dinner when they looked down at their table and saw it: a photograph, embedded inside of the table, depicting the public hanging of a black man.

“It had a cartoon character saying, ‘All I said was “I didn’t like the gumbo,'” in a joking manner,” Williams said at a news conference Thursday.

“I’m appalled,” Allen said at the news conference, organized by the Minneapolis NAACP. “I don’t understand why they think this is some kind of joke, the trauma we endured on our black body.”

Williams snapped a photo of the image titled “Hanging at Groesbeck, Texas on April 12, 1895″ and contacted the Minneapolis chapter of the civil rights organization.

During the 1800s and early 1900s, it was common practice to produce postcards of public lynchings and executions. They were considered souvenirs of public violence, and horrifying images carried joking captions such a “You missed a good time” or “This is the barbecue we had last night.” The Postmaster General in 1908 finally banned sending the postcards through the mail service.

“In 2016 we should not tolerate racist imagery in any of our establishment, let alone a family-friendly restaurant,” Levy-Pounds said. “It is our hope that incidents like this will not happen again, and that restaurants will be respectful of American American history and heritage, and not make a mockery of the oppression we have endured.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/03/11/this-photo-of-a-black-mans-public-hanging-decorated-a-joes-crab-shack-table/
>>
>the trauma we endured on our black body
The pseudo-academic language they use to obfuscate just gets more and more hilarious
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4y59DFCL2Q
/thread
>>
File: 1457712474178.jpg (367 KB, 621x1000) Image search: [Google]
1457712474178.jpg
367 KB, 621x1000
first they need to apologise for being nigger
>>
>Levy-Pounds

Every time

Why would a public execution have anything to do with Civil Rights? It's not a lynching.
>>
>>67159844

>we're not racist! trump supporters aren't racist, BLM are racist! black people are racist

>apologies for being a nigger.
>>
>>67160641
maybe someone on reddit will care
>>
>>67159392
I was going to go to Joe's for the first time, but after seeing that they removed the picture, they just lost a potential customer for life. Not like anyone cares. I don't even like seafood.
>>
>>67160765

>hey guys he doesn't like trump, he must be from reddit

clearly you haven't been on reddit lately, it's trump supporter heaven. you guys can beat up black people and suck your own dicks about how you're better than everybody else until the end of time over at reddit

don't let the door hit you on the way out
>>
>>67159392
How can one restaurant be so based?
>>
>>67160930
maybe on reddit they will care about your strawmen
>>
>>67160765
Do you even support Trump? I don't mind if you do or don't.
>>
I agree that it's too morbid for a family seafood restaurant, not sure if it's racist.
>>
>>67161044
reddit will be here for entire election cycle
>>
>>67161044

have you seen 4chan lately? It's doing nothing BUT strawmanning lately "oh look at this violent black bernie supporter, they must all be violent thugs"
>>
>>67159679

I took a course in African American lit a few years back and I distinctly remember this being talked about, the "black body" being a canvas for a trauma. It was a really nonsensical abstraction, but the class ate it up. At the time I didn't have any political leanings one way or the other, so I just dutifully took notes on it
>>
>>67161502
>The actions of one black man don't represent us all!
>The pain of one black man is felt by all of us!
>>
>>67161441
seems something you can reasonably assume after chicago
>>
File: 1457582815447.jpg (105 KB, 1023x766) Image search: [Google]
1457582815447.jpg
105 KB, 1023x766
>>67160930
>>67161441
Noone fucking cares.
>>>>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>67161629

>when i strawman it's a reasonable assumption, but when you strawman it's strawmanning

you're a fucking idiot
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 310x301) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 310x301
If you don't like what you see on the walls of a restaurant, don't spend your money there. Simple as that. It isn't illegal to have that picture on the wall. Would you refuse to go to a museum that had that painting on the wall?

Put your big boy pants on. Stop acting like fascists.
>>
>>67162352

>be black
>go to restaurant
>just want some crab
>notice picture next to me showing black people getting killed in a public display
>>
>>67160927
Stop being a dense ass mother fucker.
>they gave in to the black oppressors. I will never step a foot in there.
One day I hope you open your mind and understand how childish you truly are.
>>
>>67159392
CURRENT
>>
>>67162791
>wah, you're being a baby
Like I care. I don't go out but maybe once every few months anyways and I don't even like seafood. I personally like seeing old photos in restaurants, regardless of the content, because it is history. Step into an old A&W sometime.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.