[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/08/new s/economy/donald-trump-t
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: trumpchinesejobs1.jpg (27 KB, 608x457) Image search: [Google]
trumpchinesejobs1.jpg
27 KB, 608x457
http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/08/news/economy/donald-trump-trade/

Interesting read. The best part is the video, you can see on his face he understands the hypocrisy behind his answer.

There's hypocrisy in his stance when he and his wife actively participate in them. At least he should be more honest and say, "I made the most money because I didn't have to pay American workers."
>>
File: trumpchinesejobs2.jpg (69 KB, 600x493) Image search: [Google]
trumpchinesejobs2.jpg
69 KB, 600x493
>>
>>67150670
It's not really hypocrisy. It's experience. As a businessman, it makes sense to do. As a president, it doesn't make sense because it is bad for the people.

It's not hypocrisy. It might seem like it, but he is not telling companies not to hire foreigners. He is saying we need to make laws so that they can't do the thing that makes the most sense.
>>
>>67150670
This is what he'll do with all American jobs.
>>
File: trumpchinesejobs3.jpg (99 KB, 599x570) Image search: [Google]
trumpchinesejobs3.jpg
99 KB, 599x570
>>67150907
He doesn't have political experience, so you can't go to his political record. Based on his business executive experience and record, does he care more about American workers making money or does he care more about making money for himself?
>>
>>67151180
Even though his policies are designed to keep companies in America (like increased tariffs), that's what he'll do to American jobs.
Retard.
>>
File: trumpmexicanjob1.jpg (166 KB, 587x352) Image search: [Google]
trumpmexicanjob1.jpg
166 KB, 587x352
>>67151506
>Retard.
Ad-hominem is the sign of a losing argument.

His policies are one thing, how about his past actions? Do you take his foreign-made products into consideration in regards to trade deals?
>>
File: crack.jpg (15 KB, 211x238) Image search: [Google]
crack.jpg
15 KB, 211x238
>>67150670
>US companies cant compete due to bad trade deals
>blame Trump for this
right
>>
>>67151506
As a president and businessman even with tariffs he will never be able to make as much profit on his clothing as he will if it's made in Mexico and China because workers here will not and can not work for as little as they are willing to in those countries. If he wasn't willing to bring the companies here before he shouldn't be planning on bringing them here after a tariff.
>>
>>67151839
Blaming him for trade deals? No. I'm pointing out Trump's decision to utilize these trade deals while simultaneously advocating against them.

Will he follow through? He is a perfect example of the demographic using these trade deals to make more money. Will he take away his own profits by eliminating these agreements?
>>
>>67151793
How is that an ad-hominem? I didn't deny any of his propositions based on his characteristics. I even refuted them for fuck sake.
You rode the short bus to school, didn't you?

>His policies are one thing, how about his past actions? Do you take his foreign-made products into consideration in regards to trade deals?
Trump not having manufacturing jobs in America, despite advocating against it, is a clear sign there's something too wrong with the American system to the point where not even he wants to manufacture there. And he intends to fix that.
>>
Pretty hypocritical. The interviewer poses a good point: "why don't you be a leader" in this regard? Trump's answer is basically "muh profit margins".

He's right, it's hard to compete. That's why trying to bring factory jobs back to the U.S. is going to spark a massive surge in automation. Unless he puts a tax on goods made by robots, he's not going to fix anything. What did Target do when workers unionized? They announced they were going to replace more of their workforce with automation.

Chinese people and Mexicans might be cheaper than American workers, but are American workers cheaper than machines and software?

By the time these factories are back on U.S. soil, it'll already be too late.
>>
>>67152548
so youre really not saying anything then?

Trump followed the law, and now hes trying to change the laws to help US companies
>>
>>67152602
>How is that an ad-hominem?
>Retard.
ad ho·mi·nem
ˌad ˈhämənəm/
adverb & adjective
(of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.

>And he intends to fix that.
Does he really? He is using those exact trade agreements right now to make more money.

>You rode the short bus to school, didn't you?
Apparently you didn't go to school at all...
>>
>>67152962
>so youre really not saying anything then?
I was asking a question about his future decisions based on his past actions.
>>
>>67152602
>there's something too wrong with the American system to the point where not even he wants to manufacture there
What is that exactly? It seems to be due to the fact that we expect a cushier lifestyle and expect to be paid better than a Chinese or Mexican sweatshop slave. It makes sense but you can't change the fact that there are people in other areas that will work for cheaper.

>And he intends to fix that.
I'm no expert on economics but how can you fix this problem? If the reason he outsources to other countries is to compete with companies that do, that means the only way to level the playing field is to force production to happen in the States.

Fine, let's assume he does that. Now it costs significantly more to produce those things; instead of paying < $1/hr to sweatshop laborers you pay Americans $10/hr. How does the price of those products not increase relative to that increase in production cost?

Surely, people have more money, but everything is more expensive, raising the cost of living, which is already too high for most people to flourish if their income comes from the likes of factory work. How does this make things better?
>>
>>67153265
right, youre not saying anything
>>
>>67151506

he doesn't have any policies in case you've forgotten

there's only empty rhetoric about how he'll fix things
>>
>>67153090
Argument by fallacy, friend.
>>
>Trump claims businesses are all outsourcing labor because it's cheaper, thus killing American jobs
>Trump is a businessman
>Trump's businesses outsourcing labor because it's cheaper, thus killing American jobs
>this makes Trump wrong
>this doesn't prove Trump's point
>I am a liberal
>>
>>67153645
In stating the question, I'm saying I question his integrity behind the follow through of his policies.
>>
>>67154054
His policies *are* empty rhetoric, he's an elementary school politician promising 2hr recess to intellectual 3rd-graders. The details aren't as important as the idea.

>>67154285
>>this makes Trump wrong
Only ethically, not logically
>>
>>67151490
Political record doesn't mean anything. being a politician isn't a special skill.
>>
>>67150907
bullshit. Claiming to want to bring jobs back to America and outsourcing in the same breath.

You're getting fucked anon, and worse, you're enjoying it.
>>
>>67154453
There are no "ethics" in business. The only thing that matters is following the law and delivering profit to your shareholders.
>>
>>67154453
Right, Trump as a businessman should cripple himself while every other business beats him because they're making smart business decisions.

If he did that, it would add to your
>"look at Trump, he is, like, LITERALLY bankrupt despite having billions of dollars and I don't understand how business works and just want to find some post-hoc reason to hate him even more!"
libshit logic
>>
>>67150670
Dude, do you know what the word hypocrisy means? Trump isn't pretending to have moral values he does not have. He fucking admits that he is using the system to his advantage.

He has done that from the beginning. And you know what? That's why people support him. He doesn't feel it necessary to lie about what he is doing.
>>
Umm, I don't think Trump made these clothes. I think he licensed his brand to the company that made the clothes.
>>
>>67151793
No. Only a cuck would. You act like Donald was the one that wrote the trade laws.
>>
>the laws
>meanwhile nobody can cite said laws
>>
>>67152548
Because that's how the trade is RIGHT NOW.
He would lose a lot of money to manufacture in the US right now, which is why he wants to CHANGE THIS IF HE WINS for YOUR FUTURE.
>>
>>67154840
This.

How is this concept so hard to understand?

Just by running he is in effect screwing himself over and out of money. But he doesn't care about that because he wants to HELP HIS COUNTRY

yeah he used the system
and now he's going to try and fix it

If this isn't honesty or integrity then I don't know what is?
>>
>>67156106

and how's he going to do that
>>
>>67156693
Well I'm not fucking running for POTUS or have years of experience trading with Chyna so I couldn't really tell you
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.