[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think police militarization is a serious issue? Are you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
Do you think police militarization is a serious issue? Are you ok with soldiers policing the citizenry?
>>
>>67147812

In most countries in the world, the police are a branch of the military or "gendarmes" (French for men-at-arms) and are soldiers first with their particular duty being that they enforce the law of the country.

I think it's a good idea, personally.
>>
only cucks who have watched too much star wars shit think it's good to have dehumanized killing machine goons dealing with the average petty crime
>>
>>67147812
https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Oprichnina

Sure. Good shit. Use with care.
>>
File: 1457670283956.png (1023 KB, 1160x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457670283956.png
1023 KB, 1160x1080
>>67147812
No one cares about this except for BLM faggots who want to take cops' guns away.
>>
File: battlehorse.jpg (11 KB, 400x338) Image search: [Google]
battlehorse.jpg
11 KB, 400x338
Why have them in gear-queer equipment when you can just arm the entire police force as Riot Cavalry.

I'd join them.
>>
File: adama.jpg (138 KB, 763x1024) Image search: [Google]
adama.jpg
138 KB, 763x1024
>>67147812
>>67148034
There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people.
>>
>>67149576
libertarians have been complaining about it for years
>>
>>67147812
as the threat against policemen and citizens rises, police has to adapt to it. It might not be nice, but it's inevitable
>>
>>67149576
Yeah, the entire shutdown of Mass. after the Boston Bombing was a great thing for this country. Even better was the CLAPPING that took place after the police went into people's homes without warrants.
>>
>>67147812
Militarization is leftist buzzwords
Police aren't military even if they're playing dress up
>>
>>67147812
fuckin right i am, when you have people like obama/bernie calling for the "de-militarization of the police" and to make them "look more like the communities they police" it's just more liberal shit trying to buy votes by letting the nigger citizens do whatever they want with no recourse

did they complain when they used that milt gear to stop the san bernardino shit?
>>
>>67150963
They use military equipment and tactics against citizens, often for low level warrants or sometimes no warrant at all (like Boston), and sometimes even mistakenly. People get killed in these raids. That goes a bit beyond simple dress up.

When the raids the police are doing here are exactly like the raids the marines are doing in Iraq and Afghanistan, what's the difference?
>>
>>67147812
police have always been a paramilitary organization. they just look different now because the military looks different now.
>>
>>67148034
What? There are a few examples,yes. But the majority of countries has normal civilian police forces
>>
>>67147812
Outside of things like the Boston Marathon bombing they're not all that militarized. The cops I see everyday in any city are still regular uniformed officers.
I think there's a cultural problem with people in public service in general (politicians, police, etc) these days forgetting that they are there to serve their communities, not control them, but it's not militarization that's the problem.
>>
File: policia_federal_balacera[1].jpg (905 KB, 1200x686) Image search: [Google]
policia_federal_balacera[1].jpg
905 KB, 1200x686
Other countries have fully "Militarized" their police force, walk around with in full gear in no opposition from the locals or International outcry.

To be fair, this is because we have people here who absolutely love drugs and are financing criminal organization in other countries.
>>
>>67147812
The police aren't really militarized.
Your everyday police officer is still wearing the same uniform as they did back in the 1960s.
You only ever see them "kit up" in times of civil unrest, or after a terrorist attack, e.g., the Ferguson riots and the San Bernardino Muslim shooting.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.