[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were the national guardsmen at good ol Kent State justified?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: kNZbbMq.jpg (197 KB, 1628x1198) Image search: [Google]
kNZbbMq.jpg
197 KB, 1628x1198
Were the national guardsmen at good ol Kent State justified?
>>
>>67130944
Considering that they were shot at? Yes.
>>
>>67130944
You're awakening the dragon. No.
>>
Wasn't this the thing where American soldiers shot a bunch of Hippies?
>>
If you could hear that shot retard talking I'd bet you'd want him dead too.
>>
>>67130944
They returned fire. When is returning fire unjustified?
>>
>>67130944
Shooting uppity coons and hippies.. I have dreams about this all the time.

>Real answer: No, this actually swayed public opinion in further favor of hippy bullshit.
>>
Killing commies is always justified.
>>
Came minutes away from causing a revolution. This really is a crazy piece of American history that people don't know that much about.

The students regrouped and formed a crowd for a counter-attack that their professor begged them not to do.

Protests reached the capitol and the 101st was holed up in the basement ready to go to war
>>
>>67130944
Yes. My professor randomly started talking about Kent State and he started crying like a faggot. Nice enough guy but holy fuck awkward. He didn't know anyone that died there just the fact "American troops could kill some upset college students". Fuck'em, if thet were in class like they should've been they'd been fine.
>>
Can someone redpill me on what happend there?
>>
>>67132095
Pretty nonsensical, college students have class for about 4 hours a day. They were probably done.
>>
>>67132541
Students protested what the bombing of Cambodia without congressional approval which they saw as unconstitutional and hawkish. They wanted an end to hostilites, not an increase.

National guard opened fire on a crows of protesters.
>>
File: 1146393.jpg (816 KB, 3580x2124) Image search: [Google]
1146393.jpg
816 KB, 3580x2124
>The guardsmen fired 67 rounds over a period of 13 seconds, killing four students and wounding nine others,

Could've done better.
>>
>>67132970
this
I also think you really need this shit now tbqh
>>
>>67132970
Maybe I'm too old for this board.
>>
>>67131033
You're an ahistorical retard, kill yourself.
>>
>>67133299
It really feels like there is more disinfo and cartoonish edginess on /pol/ than ever before. I think I'm done here
>>
>>67130944
>weapon "misfire"
>>
The students were repeatedly warned to go away, stop protesting, get inside, etc. etc.

The soldiers shouldn't have lit up the kids, but they had plenty of warning and were taking their lives in their hands by disobeying
>>
>>67132095
This kills the Republic
>>
>>67131823
>I have dreams of acting like a violent animal

Don't understand how people like this put themselves higher than the thugs they complain about.
>>
>>67130944
Yes, given that the guardsmen genuinely thought they were being fired upon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Norman

Terry Norman was there as a CONFIRMED FBI plant to document the event for them.
He was the only person there besides the guardsmen that had a gun.

Both surviving students AND the guard testified that they heard a shot BEFORE the guard opened fire on the protesters.

It's highly likely that he decided the escalate the situation to get those photos and advance his career, or did so at the behest of the FBI.
>>
>>67132095
bootlicking cuck faggot
>>
>>67133489
See you tomorrow
>>
>>67131185
yep
>>
>>67132732

>Fire on protesters

Don't you guys have at least the decency of bringing the riot police and busting some kneecaps?
>>
>>67134319
It's a dream? I guess you're too much of a pussy to understand testosterone driven aggression.

The difference is when I'm awake I don't act on it. You're a pussy and a fucking moron.
>>
File: Kent Map.jpg (62 KB, 581x405) Image search: [Google]
Kent Map.jpg
62 KB, 581x405
>>67130944
Kent State Worst Kent.

>Pic related is Best Kent, my county.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.