[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Feminists Protest Jimi Hendrix Exhibit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6
File: Mar10-2016.jpg (97 KB, 777x437) Image search: [Google]
Mar10-2016.jpg
97 KB, 777x437
>Feminists took the the streets Thursday outside Seattle’s EMP Museum to protest an exhibit featuring guitar legend Jimi Hendrix. The 70-person protest was organized by End Misogyny In Music (EMIM), an activist group known for staging protests outside venues of performing musical artists they deem sexist.

>Carolyn Vinker, co-founder of EMIM, explains: “Mr. Hendrix’s guitar prowess doesn’t excuse the fact that he was a raging misogynist, through and through. This man should be condemned, not celebrated.”

>EMIM’s biggest point of contention with Hendrix is the song “Hey Joe“, which appeared on his 1967 debut album Are You Experiened? The song tells the story of a man shooting his unfaithful wife and fleeing to Mexico.

I’m going down to shoot my old lady
You know, I’ve caught her messing around with another man

Yes I did, I shot her
You know, I caught my old lady messing around town
And I gave her the gun
I shot her!

>While the song isn’t even written by Hendrix – South Carolina songwriter Billy Roberts penned and copyrighted it in 1962 – EMIM still blames Hendrix for popularizing it. His version is widely considered a rock n’ roll standard, ranked #201 on Rolling Stone magazine’s The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.

>“It’s his rendition that continues to be played on the radio and triggers unsuspecting domestic abuse victims” said Ms. Vinker. “In 40 years time, I believe we’ll look back upon James Hendrix’s music the same way we look upon Minstrel Show’s and Blackface. It has no place in a progressive society.”

Source: http://www.thedailyintrusion.com/feminists-protest-jimi-hendrix-exhibit/
>>
tbqh hes pretty overrated
>>
they should only be allowed to protest if they can shred better than jimmi sama
>>
File: uwot.jpg (49 KB, 426x416) Image search: [Google]
uwot.jpg
49 KB, 426x416
>>67106394
>Feminists think this is important
>they literally think this a civil rights movement
>>
>>67106494
Agreed, but it's still a stupid reason.
>>
tbqh cheaters SHOULD be shot.
>>
>>67106606
>thinks the 50's and 60's coon "rights" movement was more legitimate than hippie liberal shit of today
>>
The signs could say "hot dogs are tasty" and I'd still immediately think "yep those are feminists". A god damn walking stereotype.
>>
these retards would protest santa claus because hes white
>>
>End Misogyny In Music

ahahahahahahahahahah
>>
>>67106394
>It has no place in a progressive society.

Case-in-point for why I never want to live in a progressive society.
>>
>>67106494
>overrated
Nigger please
>>
>>67106494
I agree with you but I really do like "hey joe." It's definitely up there with some of my favorite songs. Voodoo child is pretty good too. The rest is pretty over rated
>>
How can we get feminists to wear burkas?
>>
I didnt think Hendrix even wrote hey joe.
>>
The song is a metaphor for drug use, the lady is the cocaine and the gun is the needle, artists always used female pronoun talking about drug because it's more poetical, "I shot her" can be read as "I shot IT (her, the drug) inside of me", the line "I caught my lady messing around the town " is about drug chasing from a pusher to another.
If you want another example so listen to "There She Goes" by La's, it sounds like a song dedicated to a girl, until the line "(she) runs into my brain"
>>
>Ask feminist which rights men have that women don't
>Mass triggering
>Police come and arrest
>Accused of rape
>Released after 11 years when charges are discovered to be false
>Can't press charges in turn because it might dissuade other rape victims
>Still on sex offender registry
>Get told that at least you can learn from your experience
>See feminists protesting for equal rights
>>
>>67106703
It was
>>
>>67106394

AAAAAAAA

FUCKING MARXIST FUCKS

IF HENDRIX DOESNT BELONG IN A PROGRESSIVE SOCIETY THEN ILL MAKE SURE YOU WILL NEVER SEE A PROGRESSIVE SOCIETY IN MY COUNTRY EVER
>>
>>67107536
No I think it's a straight-forward song about gunning down some cheating bitch.
>>
File: 1452223311379.jpg (65 KB, 552x528) Image search: [Google]
1452223311379.jpg
65 KB, 552x528
>>67106394
>feminists protesting a song
>46 years after the artist who performed it died
>>
File: buddy-guy.jpg (133 KB, 620x420) Image search: [Google]
buddy-guy.jpg
133 KB, 620x420
>>67106494
Agreed. Was bretty good to begin with, but how is one supposed to give an accurate rating when the nigger ODed at age 27? For all we know, he could have put out crap after that and done nothing good for the rest of his music career.

Great guitarist, did something new for his time, but very much undeserving of how much credit people feel he should garnish in overall talent and contributions.

Want to see a motherfucker that can outplay him and is still alive?
>>
>>67107807
"hey joe" is about his friend joe who goes to kill his wife and then plans to run all the way to mexico

still a gr8 song whatsoever
>>
Tbh I like his music but one less nigger the left makes it mandatory to celebrate can't be that bad.
>>
>>67107536
Nope. It's about straight up shooting a bitch in the face.
>>
>>67108094
No, it's a man slut-shaming his wife.
In being a smart-ass, I actually stumbled across what's likely to be one of the main issues.
>>
Why aren't they attacking rappers? Rap music is waaay more misogynist than old ass Hendrix music that no one except for boomers listen to.
>>
>>67106394
>protesting jimmy hendrix and the EMP
fucking why? The EMP is fucking awesome.
>>
Hey at least they're protesting a black man, it's a step in the right direction.
>>
>>67108337
Are you seriously asking why they aren't provoking thugs at rap shows? i think I have an idea why...
>>
why don't these protesting cucks ever write in pencil with the aid of a ruler before using sharpie?

their signs always look like shit
>>
>>67108481
They're gonna eat each other up. Almost everyone I know in Washington loves jimmy hendrix and the EMP.
>>
>>67106394
He didn't write hey joe. He was a raging misogynist, a better example is him beating the shit out of his girlfriends.

Also I'm pretty sure we're remembering and honouring him as a fantastic musician, not a civil rights humanitarian. These girls need a hobby.
>>
>>67108516
they DID protest against jimi hendrix (who is black)

maybe soon they'll discover the rap genre
>>
>>67108694
But that's partly the reason he's so popular in Washington. He was mostly about fuck the system.
>>
>>67108752
They protest was in Seattle, Washington -- the people there would've been timid white Museum-goers.

If they tried this shit at a 50 Cent concert, they'd be laughed at, shouted-down, beaten up or worse.
>>
>>67106763
They really do all have the same expression of smug satisfaction. Huh.
>>
>>67106494
What?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKvnQYFhGCc

Dude was a god.
>>
>>67106394
>Hating on Jimi
I don't eve-
>Hendrix is overrated
America please stop, where is straya when you need to kill a thread?
>>
Out of all the people in the world to choose, they choose one of the most peaceful, loving artists that ever lived.

They are so stupid
>>
Hendrix was a nigger. Feminist raging against dead junkie coon is an amazing sight.
>>
File: 401.png (269 KB, 459x360) Image search: [Google]
401.png
269 KB, 459x360
>>67106394
>Opinions don't justify violence
>this coming from a 3d wave feminist
Why are white women so shit /pol/
>>
>>67106394

Is there nothing sacred anymore?

Ive been to that museum. Jimi Hendrix is a fucking legend. You can like or dislike him, but he is a fucking rock god.

Women ruin everything.
>>
Jimi's manager, Mike Jeffries, was said to have bragged he had connections with the Mossad, he also stole alot of Jimi's money, as well as other artists.

Fuck feminists too.
>>
>>67107414
its voodoo CHILE mouth breathing pleb
>>
>>67106394
This is great, feminists against a black icon.
>>
>>67106494
Lol what? He is the pioneer of modern guitar playing. Almost all relevant musicians will state Hendrix as an influence. If Hendrix never existed, music from the 60s on wards would have been very different.
>>
>>67106394

The one in the dress is cute. The one with the sign on the right is cute too, minus the Jew nose.
>>
lets be honest jimi was pretty good, stevie was a god

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQroST3_uWw
>>
>>67107414

>hey joe
>vodoo chilE
>the wind cries mary
>purple haze
>manic depression
>all along the watch tower
>ezy rider

Ok son.
>>
>>67108047
It would have been interesting if Cobain never commit suicide. Nirvana probably would have put out a bunch of shitty albums like all others 90s bands did eventually.
>>
>>67106394
I actually give them props for protesting a black musician for a change.
>>
>>67106394
>song about guns
>triggered

cheeky
>>
YOU DON'T FUCK WITH JIMI
>>
>>67106394
>The song tells the story of a man shooting his unfaithful wife and fleeing to Mexico.
Cash did it better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq344ks1ieg
>>
Wait until the SJW's discover Ween for the first time

>baby bitch
>let me lick your pussy
>mr. richard smoker
>common bitch
>she fucks me
>put the coke on my dick
>homo rainbow

whew lad
>>
>>67107627
It was a vessel for communism it has nothing to do with the rights of negroes
>>
>>67106394
As said before, he didn't write the song. I seem to remember from a documentary that he didn't choose the song, either, but was handed it as a test of his skills.

Also, the big thing here is that if you take the song literaly, it's pretty clear that the speaker of the story is not in approval of "Joe's" actions.
>>
>>67106394
Someone should say to them that they are racist.
>>
>>67109819
If you notice from the quotes they attempt to isolate his masculinity and attack that alone. Feminists know attacking blacks and elements of their culture is futile and avoid it. Blacks trump women on the privilege scale and feminists are all too aware of it - feminists created that scale to begin with.
And before someone mentions Bill Cosby.. He was for all intents and purposes a 'white' black man and fair game.
This is still an amusing thing because feminists are taking a risk attacking such a popular icon. However, never ever think feminists are maybe waking up and realising who threatens them most.
If you're a white man you're always somehow to blame.
>>
>>67106394
>wahhh this dead guy is sexist
>I love hip-hop and black culture, though
>>
>>67110351
Thanks for reminding me they exist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCSGM5mBrWY
>>
>>67110864
This, hip-hop dindus often have much more misogynist texts than any of old rock stars.
>>
File: IMG_1302.jpg (273 KB, 850x700) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1302.jpg
273 KB, 850x700
KILL ALL F*EMINISTS
EVEN THE CHILDREN
>>
>>67106394
If you want to end misoginy in music you should start with rappers and contemporary negro music, but that would require some courage. Stupid bitches.
>>
>>67107108
White privilege keeps him from getting arrested and hassled by the cops.
>>
>>67107416
Send them to Afghanistan!
>>
>>67107536
You are a special breed of moron

>you should be proud
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.