[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did "freedom of speech" and "censorship"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: 1411009680086.jpg (30 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1411009680086.jpg
30 KB, 960x960
When did "freedom of speech" and "censorship" become exclusively right-wing memes?
>>
what?

If anything the left has been pushing the censorship meme for anything that triggers them

I will agree that (unfortunately) the right are the only people who give a fuck about free speech beyond "protesting"
>aka looting, raping, assaulting people etc
>>
When the Left decided they could use grade-school shaming tactics to control the Overton Window and suppress ideas.

>"Hurr Trump is Hitler for holding ideas about immigration that would have made him a moderate Democrat fifty years ago because COME ON ITS 2016!"

The Left is racist. The Left is authoritarian. The Left is suppressive. The Left is in bed with the media. The Left is the establishment. And the Left will be crushed, because they defy the American people.

MAGA.
>>
File: free_speech.png (52 KB, 566x577) Image search: [Google]
free_speech.png
52 KB, 566x577
>>67098958
Right-wingers complain about being shut down at every turn.

Leftists don't think this qualifies as "censorship".
>>
Ever since you hurt my feeling and started being literally hitler
>>
>>67099151
ah,
BEING censored, not censoring others

sorry, i misunderstood.
>>
>>67099151
Do violet riots at political ralley's count as censorship?

Does doxxing anyone who disagrees with the liberal narrative so they lose their livlihood count as censorship?

Does attempting to use shaming tactics to prevent the discussion of serious issues count as censorship?

Does calling moderates Hitler for disagreeing with the Left count as censorship?

Does the actual attempt to FORBID the expression of certain ideas under hate speech laws count as fucking censorship?

Left is a mad dog, trying to bark everything silent. And come the general election Trump will put it down.
>>
>>67098830
Since minorities became successful.
>>
>>67099151

Violence and safe spaces aren't censorship?
>>
>>67099151
It does when it breaks the law, and the policy of a private organization like a stadium or an arena
>>
>>67099151
>>67099383
>>67099415
>>67099553
>>67099606
This comic was published immediately after Brendan Eich was ousted from Mozilla for donating to Prop 8.
>>
>>67099796
And? You don't think someone losing their job for their political beliefs counts as a form of censorship?
>>
Because holding those views isn't classically right wing, its the opposite.

Left wing politics has gone so far that holding a classical left wing view, such as freedom of speech, is now considered right wing.

Majority of /pol/s user base are left wing in origin but have become "right" as a reaction to the current madness.

Its more of a circle than a linear thing anyway.
>>
File: herbert-marcuse.jpg (34 KB, 615x428) Image search: [Google]
herbert-marcuse.jpg
34 KB, 615x428
>>67098830
Formation of the new left was in the 1960s-1970s. The new left took much of their philosophy from Continental and Marxist anti-enlightenment thinkers.
>>
>>67099893
J. J. & Jacob's Son can help you with that, for less than it would cost you to keep your job!
>>
>>67098830
About the same time the left decided you could speak freely as long as you were saying the same thing as them.
>>
File: 1451820434580.gif (3 MB, 550x309) Image search: [Google]
1451820434580.gif
3 MB, 550x309
>>67098830
>I am so triggered by right wing speech
>I want it censored so only my voice is heard

We take the piss out of left wing fucktards, what we don't do is actually demand from the government that they be silenced!
>>
>>67099151
it is someone infringing on another person's free speech which is unconstitutional

that webcomic is under informed
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.