[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think violence is the supreme authority from which al
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
Do you think violence is the supreme authority from which all other authorities derive?

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBxgrr0wL8M&hd=1
>>
>>67094944
Subtle violence and deceive.
Just like the Zionists in the book of the Protocol of the Elders of Zion.
>>
>>67094944
I dropped the show after Jofferey was killed off.
>>
>>67094944
agency
>>
>>67094944

Yes.

>>67095196

>liking that tumblr faggot
>>
>>67094944
>the supreme authority from which all other authorities derive
No. It's more of a backup when all other more tactful solutions fail.

Certainly it has been used consistently, but we have always also consistently sought either alternative authorities or disguises for the use of violence. Afterall, *everyone* has access to the authority of violence.
>>
>>67094944
well sam fisher knows what he's talking about
>>
>>67095196
maybe if he was a good king
>>
Yes. The threat of violence will do more than the prospect of reward. People run a lot faster when they're chased by a lion than if they're chasing a stack of money. Unless you're a Jew.
>>
>>67095336
>>67095791
He carried the whole show with his presence.
>>
>>67094944

well, the modern train of thought link legitimacy of rule with the will of the people being ruled - in other words democracy

it is something that sounds good but is rarely the case as the politicians very often maintain policies having a direct conflict with the will of the majority

so I would say de facto yes, OP is right
>>
of course, it's the only reason the state holds any legitimacy. They will kill you if you step out of line
>>
>>67095196
You should have dropped it sooner, since it was no well kept secret that he was going to die. What really bothers me about ASoIaF is that every time GRRM kills off a good character, there's nothing to fill the void left by that character. I just finished the 3rd book and I have absolutely zero motivation to read the next one.
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 720x720
>>67094944
"Violence is not the answer, it is a question, and sometimes the answer is yes." ~Anonymous
>>
Yes, that's why the government wants to have a monopoly on it.
>>
>>67094944
It comes from God

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_Treatises_of_Government
>>
File: 1439338139782.jpg (51 KB, 460x500) Image search: [Google]
1439338139782.jpg
51 KB, 460x500
Yes.

Acknowledging this isn't condoning it.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 450x321) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 450x321
>Violence is not the answer, it is a question, and sometimes the answer is yes
>>
No. Free will is.

Of course you can use your free will to be violent....
>>
>>67096844
'no'
>>
>>67095196
if he waited to become of age he would have been a fucking badass king
>>
>>67094944
Or at the very least, threat of violence.
>>
>Do you think violence is the supreme authority from which all other authorities derive?

Can children be subordinate to their parent without a threat of violence?
>>
>>67094944

no

but

right makes might
>>
File: 1434145294532.jpg (79 KB, 625x417) Image search: [Google]
1434145294532.jpg
79 KB, 625x417
>>67094944
Yes it fucking is
The problem is that cuckold politicians won't commit to use the necessary amount. You can brute force anything, but once you're in you have to be all in or else you end up with a series of clusterfucks all over the world.
Russia has been doing it right for decades.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.