[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pol/ Redpill me on affirmative action. My roommates from UK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: affirmative-action.jpg (29 KB, 320x300) Image search: [Google]
affirmative-action.jpg
29 KB, 320x300
/pol/ Redpill me on affirmative action. My roommates from UK are saying its A-ok.
>>
>>67093944
>/pol/ Redpill me on affirmative action. My roommates from UK are saying its A-ok.

We're gonna give you a job building clocks ahmed, so quit complaining.
>>
>>67093944
Its not ok since it implies that one race is dumber than another and thats racism
>>
>>67094208
Its not saying one race is dumber, its saying one race/community is more disadvantaged than another. Think about it, typical white kid comes home and has mom make him a snack and he starts homework. While Tyrone comes home to his mom Butt3rcup sucking off their local crack dealer.
>>
>>67094505
Governments shouldn't force additional support for those who make bad choices/ are the offspring of those who make bad choices.

Only non racist or sexist method is a level playing field based on merit not stereotypes of race or gender etc.
>>
Defensible in social sciences and humanities degrees, awful in every other field.
>>
>>67093944
I suppose if you are presented with two equally good transcripts.
Sure, use whatever arbitrary selection scheme you want since both students are both equally competent.
>>
>>67094885
But is it really the government thats enforcing Affirmative Action? In schools I feel its the Regents of the Uni's setting quotas to look good in the public eye...
>>
>>67095344
It's both, some states mandate it. But even in the ones where it is not mandated it exists because administrators believe diversity leads to a better learning environment.

You can make a shaky argument this is true in humanities but when it comes to business stem etc it falls flat.
>>
Your roommates from the UK are idiots. The only affirmative action this country needs is to remove the part of applications where you have to signify what race you are.
>>
>>67093944
someone point the graph showing black kids get into medical school with objectively lower grades.
let me break it down for you, to get into a decent college here as a white, you have to have a 4.0 where a black person can get in with a 3.0.
It's not okay
>>
>>67093944
>Asks to be redpilled
>Posts pic thats pretty red pilled
It mostly doesnt matter because most people that get in due to affirmative action pick shit teir degrees
>>
>>67095344
>But is it really the government thats enforcing Affirmative Action? In schools I feel its the Regents of the Uni's setting quotas to look good in the public eye...

no, its the fed. Any public institution that excepts funds from the government has to adhere to AA
>>
No, everything should be based on merit alone. The reason you have affirmative action is why your college is going down the shitter, why do you think US companies are so eager to hire foreigners?
>>
>>67094505
>typical
>average

There is a white kid coming home to his mom sucking off her crack dealer. And he's also getting what on by affirmative action making him need to work even harder to get to college.

But that's okay because honestly there's probably what, like, only 100,000 white kids like that?
>>
>>67093944
It's a quick and easy fix for a much more complicated problem and is glaringly obvious as such. Funny enough it universally fails in everything except making leftists get a warm and fuzzy feeling inside.

In terms of academics there are two types of black students: black students who have sufficient abilities and those who don't. The first group could get in without AA, but it's not something they volunteer for so they unwillingly benefit from it. They'll never know how much though so that plants a seed of doubt in their mind and the mind of those around them on whether or not they deserve to be there. The second group only get in because of AA. However, once in they find that, surprisingly, they're lacking the necessary skills to succeed in that environment. The pressure to perform but inability to succeed leads to demoralization, depression, switching majors to something much easier (i.e. sociology, poly sci, etc...) just to get a degree, and/or drop out entirely. It's been awhile but I wrote up something on this for a con law class and it has something like a 64% dropout rate or some ridiculous number. On top of that though it cheapens the value of a degree by falsely inflating the supply of them.

Work wise is somewhat similar. Employers are cheated out of hiring the most qualified individual which threatens the viability of their business. Blacks who get in because of it face inadequacy issues and underperform. Meanwhile more deserving people are left out in the cold so to speak.

It was actually essentially ruled unconstitutional back in the 70's by SCOTUS (said schools couldn't use race as the primary basis for acceptance or have racial quotas), but the ruling was largely ignored in another case in 2000.

Bottom line is it undermines the competitiveness and productiveness of our country with the only tradeoff being some hopey feeley "at least people of color are now liberated!" bullshit.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.