[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think the graph speaks for itself.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: snapshot-nafta-12-17-2013.png-1.png (582 KB, 948x944) Image search: [Google]
snapshot-nafta-12-17-2013.png-1.png
582 KB, 948x944
I think the graph speaks for itself.
>>
>>67049061
>Not understanding that Mexico is one third the size of the United States and per capita the U.S. is btfo of Mexico in trade.
>>
>>67049061
>I think the graph speaks for itself.

It certainly does.

Its shows that it was made by idiots.

>claims to demonstrate job losses

>shows only the difference in trade

Lesson: Trade deficits =\= job losses
>>
File: EmployPop2554Mar2012.jpg (144 KB, 1072x743) Image search: [Google]
EmployPop2554Mar2012.jpg
144 KB, 1072x743
>>67049061
as you can see, its not NAFTA that caused job loss

its was bubbles
>>
free trade = cheap goods

the benefits of cheap goods far outweight any sort of job loss. cheap goods also create jobs.

Imagine how many jobs we'd lose if computers cost 10,000 bucks a piece (they did at one point, before production moved to asia)
>>
>>67050826

and mechanization
>>
>>67051274
>but i want to get paid $60k a year for working on an assembly line
>>
>>67049061
>trade exports tripled under NAFTA
Holy shit that's great. This is a great idea
>>
>>67051274
>$10k computers
>Having not heard of Apple
>>
>>67050826
Interesting. The 25-54 participation rate is the same now under Obama as it was in Reagan's 2nd term. Does that mean yet another GOP talking point is complete bullshit?
>>
>>67051547
That's how it should be. Regan basacily BTFO the American worker with his anti labor policy and low tax on the wealthy.
>>
>>67051536
not really. If anything mechanization allows for investment in other jobs. It saves labor time and allows production to expand, creating newer jobs.

When businesses use time-saving devices, they don't just say:

>oh cool we'll just work less now for the same output

instead, they work-more for increased output.
>>
>>67051274
>computers cost 10,000 bucks a piece (they did at one point, before production moved to asia)
You actually think that's solely because production moved to Asia?

You do realize that a fair amount of manufacturing still occurs in the US, right? Samsung and GlobalFoundries have a new 14nm fab revving up here in New York.
>>
>>67052017
its the angle of the curve that makes the most difference.

>>67052120
>That's how it should be

I don't think that's Americans should be forced to buy poorly made products for 5 times the price, just so 20% of the labor force can continue being uneducated and get paid more than their labor worth.

So selfish workers in those industries can just fuck off.
>>
>>67052481
wow 2 new factories built?

look out Asia

How many tax breaks do they have?
>>
>>67052017

in the 80's jobs were due to low birth rate, so they spent government money to cover it up

now its due to baby boomers dying and immigration
>>
>>67052822
>american products
>more poorly made than china and mexico

yeah, okay. having a high-employment industrial economy is good for society. having a function, non-degenerate, high-employment society where white people can afford to start families is more important than being able to buy some useless shit from china for a cheaper price.
>>
>>67052822
>its the angle of the curve that makes the most difference.

The one that's been going down since 1999?
>>
>>67052146
except this doesn't actually happen. instead, rich people get richer, we have 30% real unemployment and the country turns into the shit hole that it's become.
>>
>>67053301
>having a high-employment industrial economy is good for society

no. its the sign of a backward economy.

The service sectors generates the majority of the GDP and jobs. Imports make people lives better by keeping prices.

Poor people can buy more thanks to America no longer being indebted to cartels of ignorant labor demanding protection money. Trying to fix the market for their personal gain over the consumer public.

If they want to live in an industrial society, then they can move there low-education asses to India and China and work there.
>>
>>67053323
>1999
thats not when obama became president
>>
>>67052998
Aren't the new MacBook Pros made in the US? I'm not saying that the US manufacturing sector is anywhere near the size of Asia's, but the fact that reasonably priced computer components are still manufactured here is enough to disprove your statement.
>>
>>67053858
>buying a cheap iphone is more important than functional, fully-employed communities

i guess if you really like high-crime cities, declining white birthrates, mass degeneracy, mass unemployment, total destruction of national culture and identity, we can keep doing it this way.

most of the "service" economy is bullshit white collar crap anyway. a liberal arts grad working a white collar office job doesn't have any "skills," he's just benefiting from his higher social class.
>>
File: mexico-map-mexico-map.jpg.gif (67 KB, 551x413) Image search: [Google]
mexico-map-mexico-map.jpg.gif
67 KB, 551x413
>>67049061
if anything it should be renegotiated,total free trade on the condition that we take sovereignty of mexico's southern border 550 miles or the The Isthmus of Tehuantepec is only 120 miles where they can "build wall"
that will also help move Chinese manufacturing to mexico, where at least they buy shit from the us.
>>
File: please kill me.jpg (374 KB, 1680x945) Image search: [Google]
please kill me.jpg
374 KB, 1680x945
>>67049061
>The Roman Empire: Part II Retarded Boogaloo.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.