[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Debt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Success is best.jpg (518 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
Success is best.jpg
518 KB, 2000x1333
How do people manage to accumulate so much debt? What's their plan? Be 50 and have no net worth?
>>
>>67026608
Americans are just retarded. Don't bother
>>
>>67026608
credit cards make it easy to rack up retarded amounts of debt buying luxury goods
>>
>>67026608
Free money anon.
>>
>>67026608

>Plan

There is none. That's it. Combine the fact that it's relatively easy to accrue debt and get loans etc with an extremely materialistic and money=status oriented society and you've got your answer.

Also they do have things like expensive university but people don't seem to realize that paying for expensive university isn't that bad of a thing if you study something that can land you a good salary. The problem is that people feel like university is what they have to do so they go fuck around for like 4-5 years and get a useless degree and then realize they are 50K in debt before they have found their first job.

Of course there are also legit retarded people who just basically live on credit and have no concept of money or how to retain it.
>>
>>67027606

So many people nowadays honestly just think about what people have, not how they got it.

If someone has a Ferrari, wow it's a Ferrari. To many people it makes no difference if the guy doesn't own it, if he worked hard for 10 years to afford it, or if he got it from his parents when he turned 18. It's awesome and cool and makes you look rich so it doesn't matter. Hard work doesn't matter, what matters is how rich you appear, even if you're not.
>>
People live for the weekends.
>>
>>67026608
/pol/ will never share their life with someone to begin with.
>>
>>67028029
And this is incorrect, how?
>>
>>67027606
:/
>>
>>67026608
Personally, I think it's to do with credit cards, and using cards too much in general.

You can't actually see the money you're handing off, it all comes invisibly from a piece of plastic.

Because you can't see it, you don't value it as much.

I found that using my card all the time made it harder for me to actually keep track of my spending, which meant I'd dread going to the cash machine and checking my balance.

Once you stop that and go back to physical money, it's easier to keep track.
>>
I had 16k of debt after school.

It was very easy to pay off. Any debt acquired for reasons other than future financial gain or to support your critical family needs are stupidity.
>>
>>67026608
>What's their plan?
Earn a higher return than the cost of the interest payment. The more debt the better really.
>>
>>67026608
because people want what they want now
>>
>>67026608
>spend money that you don't have
>get denbts
>get more denbts to pay previous denbts
>get old
>bank says oi u cheeky cunt stop this m8 give back me money
>kill self

Simple desu
>>
>>67033374
Is there no other way?
>>
>>67033788
Well you could work and earn all that money legitimately. Then you can skip the killing yourself part and instead live some more years as an useless ball of fat at the expense of your grandchildren.

Or you could contain your material urges and not spend too much money, but then you will see the futility of life.

In other words, why bother not taking the easy path? It's not you that suffers the consequences. Especially if you're a fedora that doesn't believe in God.
>>
>>67026608
>What's their plan?
There is no plan. A lot of people want things now because they think they'll be happier after they get it. They're then willing to rack up huge debts to get them. Instead of thinking "hey, I wasn't lucky enough to be born into a rich family so I should work and save up money to buy what I want" they think "that guy has a nice car, I'll just buy one right now too and fuck myself for the next few years to pay for it."
>>
>>67026608
the plan is that ww3 will destroy planet earth and all this debt wont exist anymore.

just borrowed credit for things we dont need so we can have them when the world is in need and on fire.

We are a sociopathic people
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 350x300
>>67026608
>my self-worth is defined by numbers on a government spreadsheet

Statist
>>
you're only in debt if you're retarded

my father took loans in foreign currency when it was still profitable, repaid them with my mothers 0 percent government issue loans and it took them less than ten years to build a hueg house and repay all of the money

dads sort of an autist though as he actually enjoys this shit

but the point is if you're clever you don't need to fear debt
>>
Well, yeah, I have debt. Went in about 4k for a student loan to college my first year and said, "ya know, I'm broke and need a job, why not try trade school" since it's much cheaper. For a while I kept my loan, never missing a payment, and applying for credit cards for "just in case". 3 of the 5 I have are completely empty minus the $2 or so charge I make on them and pay immediately so I don't have them close on me. The other two are, sadly, near full because even though I saved 2k to move out to where I am and live on my own, there were other costs I didn't see coming. Paying them off slowly but surely, beating the interest accumulated, refinanced the student loan into a different loan which will be done in about 3 years, then when that is done probably get another loan for the two cards and pay another 3 years. Savings account is growing again after settling in here though.

I think my point is that I'm OK with my debt so I don't have to live my old NEET lifestyle, and with a decent job I can make payments, keep my credit score to the 730~ it hangs around at, and will have this debt paid off + have savings.

But yeah OP, debt sucks.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.