[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will Donald Trump bring us National concealed carry?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: trumponguns.png (445 KB, 1264x1172) Image search: [Google]
trumponguns.png
445 KB, 1264x1172
Is he joking about that? If Chris Christe endorses Donald Trump then why hasn't he brought concealed carry to NJ?

I smell something fishy.
>>
He isn't serious.
>>
an AR15 in every pot and a Bradley in every garage.
TRUMP
>>
>>67002292

He is a joke, he will actually enforce gun control similar to Christie so it's a big joke.

Remember how GW was all like, I love guns, I love the NRA. Yea OK.

Trump just wants to be President so he's stealing those gun votes with broad statements about his stance.
>>
>>67000317
I don't know, but both of his sons are very very pro 2A, especially his oldest, who's a very successful hunter and sportsman in general.
>>
File: 1457375857600.jpg (23 KB, 535x425) Image search: [Google]
1457375857600.jpg
23 KB, 535x425
>>67002488

Ya oooooook

Keep dreaming horace
>>
A President cannot "give us national concealed carry."

At best he could file a lawsuit and take it to the Supreme Court, hoping they would strike down laws against concealed carry.
>>
File: national right to carry.png (1 MB, 1655x713) Image search: [Google]
national right to carry.png
1 MB, 1655x713
>>67002488

laughing all the way to the bank

>>67002729
finally someone with sense
>>
That national right to carry thing is the most succinct argument I've ever heard about national carry.
>>
>>67002873
>That national right to carry thing is the most false and clearly created out of need to gain votes argument I've ever heard about national carry.

FTFY
>>
>>67002980
It's a right that resides in the bill of rights. No state has the authority to obstruct it. This is the perfect example of what the federal government actually exists for.
>>
>>67003308

You don't have the right to weapons you have the right to form militia.
>>
>>67002729
>A President cannot "give us national concealed carry."

Bullshit. The Constitution authorizes Congress to implement laws that are "necessary and proper" to executing the Constitution. The Second Amendment protects the right to keep and BEAR arms. That right is not being upheld by several states. It is therefore necessary and proper to pass a federal law protecting the right to keep and BEAR arms.

He can and he will do it. You faggot NeverTrump pussies are just going to have to live with it.
>>
>>67002729

Another common core victim, I'm afraid. We'll make you great again.
>>
>>67003958
DC vs Heller.
>>
>>67003958
>Can form militia without weapons

"The right to keep *and bear* arms shall not be infringed"
>>
>>67003958
Even if only militia had right to weapons , they don't , but if they did, all abled bodied males from 17-45 are the militia .
>>
>>67003958
>You don't have the right to weapons you have the right to form militia.

Nice b8.

But seriously.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_of_Columbia_v._Heller

>The Second Amendment guarantees an individual's right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home. United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit affirmed.
>>
File: trumpguns.png (1 MB, 1280x789) Image search: [Google]
trumpguns.png
1 MB, 1280x789
>>67002873
>>
Even if he won't bring national CC, he's still the only electable candidate who isn't saying "we need to ban assault weapons!"
>>
>>67004158
President doesnt write laws, you fucking dope. Why dont you brush up on your civics before you start spouting bullshit
>>
federal constitutional carry is the way to go.
>>
If Trump would sit on the fucking ATF and their rule of the day approach to NFA interpretation, and get them to interpret Hughes the way it should be (all machine gun transfers WERE conducted under Federal authority already), that reopens the registry and the hobby can exist again for other than millionaires.

He would be the God-Emperor then.
>>
>>67004999

Why would it be Ilegal?

Isn't the Constitution the fundamental law of the land?

And can't he just start something saying that laws that go against it are anti constitutional and start something?
>>
>>67005179
He gets to choose how we enforce them m8 and at the federal level just as Obama used executive order to "focus" enforcement on people he wanted trump can simply make federal gun charges on legal gun owners CCing go away opening a giant door for local cases to be taken to higher courts and thrown out.
>>
>>67005767
>Isn't the Constitution the fundamental law of the land?
That's how it was intended.

>And can't he just start something saying that laws that go against it are anti constitutional and start something?
Sorry, that's the job of the Supreme Court. The bright side is that he can appoint someone there (who will likely have better views on gun rights)

Still, there's a lot of fuckery that goes on with constitutional law. For example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wickard_v._Filburn
Here SCOTUS determined that this farmer DID NOT have the right to feed his own animals with the wheat he grew, and justified it by saying "If he was growing his own wheat, that menthe did not buy it from someone else, and that means it falls under the commerce clause of the constitution"

Same logic has been applied to gun laws since 1934. They call it a "tax", and they can do whatever they want.
>>
>>67006350
see>>67006267

Trump can choose to not enforce federal CC laws and anyone can appeal a state charge and get it thrown out in federal court.
>>
>>67003958
Stale b8 is stale.
>>
>>67006413
Assuming he appoints someone pro-gun to the Supreme Court. Remember, DC v Heller was only won 6-5, and now that Scalia's dead it's only one liberal judge away from bullshit taxes and restrictions.
>>
National concealed carry would be like the fall of the Berlin wall. It would be HYUUUUGE.

SAVE ME TRUMP
>>
>>67006564
Either way it would not matter TRUMP could always use EXECUTIVE order to defer enforcement like Obama with illegal aliens. Any case that is appealed will be thrown out in a federal court. liberal justice or not
>>
>>67000317

Trump is an egotist; which means he isn't running for money (he'll lose hundreds of millions in potential income by having his business empire in trust.) He's running for image.

An egotist empowered in a system which disdains authoritarianism will seek to bring formerly fractured groups together. The easiest way to do so is through pragmatic policy.

Trump will strike down and destroy virtually all blue state firearm regulations and probably throw his support behind national constitutional carry/castle doctrine/stand your ground. By doing so the crime rate will fall drastically- it's already at a 40 year low- and he will be remembered thus as reigning over a kinder, more relaxed United States.

He will build a border wall, appeasing his fans, but will not mass deport anyone. He will deport criminal illegals and do away with catch-and-release but inevitably legalize illegals who came here and acquired employment or have children here.

He will slash the bureaucratic system and take the proceeds and lower taxes accordingly. I predict he will disband the IRS and make the tax system a simple one-page tiered system where only dependents count as a deduction; in such a system corporations pay more, small businesses and all citizens (even wealthy citizens) pay less.

He needs to explain to people that using a tariff on China would mean higher prices on Chinese goods but far lower prices (and far higher wages) for the USA. He will do so, China will collapse, and the US will become a brute industrial muscle like it was from the late 40s to the early 70s.

With wages up, unemployment down, Asia weak, and the west strong, and with crime half what it currently is, he will then pull off two legendary feats.

1. He will force Israel to accept a reasonable two state system. He will probably slaughter Hamas wholesale using US manpower first and install a westernized regime.

2. He will try to pass a constitutional amendment to undo citizens' united.
>>
>>67000317

His point on why nationwide reciprocated ccw should be the law of the land is very strong.

Our driver's licence work across states lines, and that legally is considered a privilege. DC vs heller makes explicit your 2nd amendment right to carry doesn't end at your door step.

He is right, and I do believe in him regarding this.
>>
>>67007041
THIS

liberals simply stfu with the "hes not building a wall" argument when you bring up your suggesting trumps pride is to small to take ANY chance he has to build a GIANT fucking wall with his name on it if he can.
>>
Trump will repeal the NFA and we all can stock up on full autos
>>
Its nice to have him say that, and it feels amazing to hear, but the best that he can do is attempt to influence the ATF to do as he wishes.

Seeing as how the ATF shoots your dog first and asks questions never after detaining you on the Patriot Act, I'd wager that while he'll give loosening up the laws a shot, he wont be able to get much done.

But who knows, I've been wrong about it in the past, so.
>>
>>67002517
W let the AWB sunset and didn't push for anything, I'm not saying he was good, but he wasn't evil
>>
>>67007498
He said he would sign a renewal if it came to his desk IIRC
>>
>>67007498

Why no national carry HUH

HUH
HUH
HUH
HUH
>>
>>67007438
see>>67006267
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.