[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did the left stop representing the working class?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 1371640339134.png (325 KB, 382x417) Image search: [Google]
1371640339134.png
325 KB, 382x417
When did the left stop representing the working class?
>>
When the Soviet Union collapsed
>>
>>66990016
They really never did, they only represent themselves
>>
When the working class switched to the Republican Party. You can have those poorfags tho

>mfw trump supporters on /pol/ pretend to be phD STEM majors

Kek this place really is living vicariously through anonymous
>>
>>66990016

You are going to get biased replies here. The Left still thinks it represents the working class. The true turning point most likely came when SJWs burst onto the scene and grew and grew with popularity. The Left is now associated with those lunatics, and it makes them look even worse than they already did.
>>
>>66990016
The left uses the working class, they never represented them.
>>
>>66990016
When all the working classes jobs got exported and they no longer existed. Their is now a service class and an under class. the working class are not a big enough voter base.
>>
>>66990016
When they stopped focus on class and began to only focus on gender and race bullshit. The left was actually never for the working class. They have actually never cared about anyone except their own. The left in sweden tricked a lot of people to migrate to stalins sovjet and most got shot. It took almost 30 years for the left party to admit this.
>>
File: 1231587145507.jpg (53 KB, 581x560) Image search: [Google]
1231587145507.jpg
53 KB, 581x560
When they actually won.
8 hours/5 day a week, minimal wage and all of that are there to defend working class.
One thing left is to start working.
>>
>>66990096

Can't handle the fact that anyone with a degree isn't a given vote for you?
>>
>>66990073
They did.
Just think about the chartism and the struggle of the working class.
I am not speaking about mad commie jews, I am speaking about western social democrats, who wanted fair wages, right too vote and normal conditions at workplaces.
>>
>>66990016
Define "working class"

Blue collar workers and such vote Dem for labor unions, Repub for rationality
>>
>>66990016
they never did they only wanted all power in central bureaucracy
>>
>>66990253
They were working class people that went into politics and influenced the left. The left now is all upper middle class people that found their side at college and have never had to work a day in their life.
>>
>>66990360

This, modern lefies here have never worked a day in their lives. The biggest kabiut supporter I know worked one week a warehouse and quit and talked about how awful he found it for years.

Anyway, in the UK the best ft was already dead and gone by the time Blair started importing immigrants to vote labour. Immigration destroys the market value of work and this is a direct attack on the working class.
>>
>>66990096
I'm a software R&D dude and I've been mostly liberal my whole life.
Reading about Trump's policies and the blatant lies the media spewed out about him disgusted me so much that I'm voting for him this election.
And, yes, he'll be the Republican candidate and he will be the next POTUS.
>>
>>66990360
But I am asking when did this happen.
>>66990295
Blue collar workers.
>>
With the baby boom degenerates.
>>
>>66990016
When niggers and spics ,and muslims in europe started to become a large voting block. They only need suburban white race traitors and shitskins and they have a voting majority in most western countries.
>>
>>66990016
Both parties in their minds represent the working class. both with alternatives, I'll use examples of the worst parts so it makes more sense where the shortcomings lie.

Somewhere along the line many working class jobs stopped paying well enough to support families. the smart guy would put off raising a family or pair up with someone and save money before hand, but some areas aren't quite as viable at minimum wage or even those just above minimum wage back breaker jobs. right around here is where the left sipped representing the working class, they started representing the unemployed, the bare minimum wage class and hating anyone who didn't want to expand government despite so many sitting on the poverty line yet still not qualifying for government assistance. this creates lots of resentment among people within the same class.

The right has always represented the working class in that much like bioshock 'a man is always entitled to the sweat of his brow' somewhere along the line some people not all got rich by being dickheads and didn't pay their employees properly and made fortunes while spitting on their workforce, a lot of the Republican politicians gave the benefit of the doubt because it's no one's right to tell you what to do with your money, and ultimately it is the people's fault for failing to vote with their wallets. this creates resentment among the higher wage poor or more fiscally responsible poor and the rich, leaving the true middle class feeling as though they e being patronized and not working hard enough, that anyone with enough perseverance can be the next Walmart CEO.

No-one truly represents the middle class but at least the right doesn't want to tax me and give it to lazy niggers who won't work
>>
>>66990016
As their entire elite got taken over and replace by upper middle class gut menschen (entire Swiss social Democratic Party elite in Switzerland is academics mostly lawyers, professors etc with way above average income)) and their base went from worker to unemployed will never work a single day in his life gender studies students that are 34 years old and still didn't pass the first semester.
>>
>>66990016
When it started aborting them
>>
>>66990016
when they turned on nationalism and started supporting globalism
>>
>>66990016
Universalism, the subsequent anti-racism, globalism, feminism, etc.
The chant of the commies was the Internationale, but it was a fraud. First because workers weren't commies. Second because even the commie workers were not globalists and "inclusive".

If you want solid dates, I would say that among intellectuals The Affluent Society by Galbraith and the One Dimensional Man by Marcuse are relevant starting point. Leftists stopped lying about how the left would bring prosperity and identity (which was their talking points for 150 years and got many workers hooked up). Instead, facing their rushing defeat on this point, they switched tactics and claimed that wealth and identity were really not that important or even detrimental. You have to wait the 70s for the movement to be cmpleted with grand declaration about degrowth quotas for negress lesbians in the workplace and all. They focused on other subjects, more cultural and societal, that had absolutely nothing to do with what 'the left' from 1850 or even 1950 were about.

You had to wait for 1965-1968 for the effect to be seen in the masses. The left from 1920 would never, never had passed (even less tha the 1920 right) the 1965 US immigration act which doomed the US Southwest into becoming Mexico lite. In France we had 1968 revolts, which clashed a lot not only with De Gaulle policies but with the older guard from the left.
>>
>>66990016
at least here in the UK the left really went to shit when the unions became more powerful than the working class, so probably sometime in the 60s? the original aim of left-wing politics was more equal representation for the working classes, so once they got the vote the left started to die. historically, politicians were members of the upper classes since they received a very low wage if any wage at all so the wealthy were the only ones who could afford to be politicians, so if they had left-wing sympathies it's because they actually had left-wing sympathies, not because they wanted to make a career out of it. up until recently politics was a game between wealthy idealists and wealthy realists who had nothing better to do with their time, and the lower and middle classes had no say. nowadays it's possible to make a decent living off being a politician, and it's far easier to represent the left than the right, so the left attracts a disproportionate number of politicians who are only concerned with themselves. this is pretty funny considering that it's the complete opposite of everything the left stands for, but that's how it works now.
>>
to the left, unemployed migrants and nonwhites are the "working class"

everyone else is white privilege bourgeoise
>>
>>
>>66990016
When the working class became middle class. This happened in the 1950s here in America. The left only cares about the "vulnerable" and the "downtrodden". Once the working class have some measure of prosperity, the left abandons them. This is why left-wing politics in America shifted from caring about the working class majority of Americans to exclusively caring about minorities and the poor.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.