[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Climate change isn't real >I know more about science
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 9
File: classic_fedora_flip.jpg (25 KB, 477x456) Image search: [Google]
classic_fedora_flip.jpg
25 KB, 477x456
>Climate change isn't real
>I know more about science than scientists
>My rebuttals revolve around flag icons
>>
So how do you suppose we end climate change? Only way I see it is through depopulation.
>>
>Climate change is real
>I fucking love science!
>I'm going back to my safe space!
>>
>>66985112
Academics also say race isn't real; their credibility is shot.
>>
>>66985166
Pretty valid tactic tbqh
>>
>>66985183
>True
>I never said that
>What?

Only one of your meme arrows applies to me.
>>
>>66985112
Climate change is real.

Now tell me how it is caused by humans.
>>
>>66985219
What acedemic

Are you implying every acedemic who thinks climate change is real also doesn't believe in race?
>>
>>66985112

A fucking leaf.
>>
>stop having children and having a society goy
>It's not a hoax I swear!!!
>>
>>66985112
>Climate change isnt real.
>Actual scientists have come forward saying that their data was changed by a 3rd party to support the theory of Climate Change.
>Climate change just so happened to come around as new methods of tax came into play and bump up cap n trade etc.
>Its 1st world nations way to literally stopping places like China, India and so forth from doing business because "you dont pay, you cant play"
>India is getting pissed at America for not lowering the price of green technology so they can afford it.
>Same for Mexico.
>>
>canada still isn't banned from /pol/
>>
File: 1455486571718.png (2 MB, 3024x1080) Image search: [Google]
1455486571718.png
2 MB, 3024x1080
>>66985112
>>
>>66985468
>>66985571
>caring so much what some autists on /pol/ think that you turn on your own country

baka
>>
>>66985282
Yes, every single god damned scientist is on board the race-is-a-social-construct train. Even Nobel prize winning scientists get torn down and shit on for questioning it.

They have to keep up pretenses to keep that sweet federal money siphon going. Now here's this new siphon that's pouring out cash full blast, as long as they get on board the global warming train. Their models don't have to be consistent or make sense.

Nothing is falsifiable, everything is vague. Less ice in the north pole? Global warming! More ice in the north pole? Global warming! And don't forget to give turd world countries billions for "carbon credits ;^)" while you're at it.
>>
>>66985654
Canada is doomed senpai.
The only thing keeping it from being sweden-tier is how spread out the population is.
>>
>>66985166
We can't, it's fucked
We should into space instead
We've had blueprints of colony stations since the 80's, there are a shitload of resources in a single asteroid, and recent hydro/areoponics have shown we can get some very high yeilds
We can live like kings and laugh at all the brown people stuck on a dying planet
>>
>>66985225
>>66986885
We can all agree that climate change as we experience it at the moment is not an issue of reducing emissions and everything is fine. Instead by reducing the impact that we as humans had on climate change may have given us a few thousand extra years, assuming the industrial revolution never existed (which was bound to happen). The only hope we can cling to is that somebody will find a way to reverse climate change (hopefully being as easy as removing CO2 and adding O2 through artificial photosynthesis). But this will come at a cost of energy.

Therefore the idea of saving energy makes sense in the sense of allowing for the future generation to miraculously reverse the greenhouse effect and having a bit less shit to clean up.

Nonetheless, the argument of stopping emissions to save the world is retarded
>>
>I enjoy being advertised to
>>

Mainstream scientific beliefs are wrong all the time. You're a fool if you believe anything just because it's generally accepted by mainstream science.
>>
>>66985112
not all scientist are created equal thats just liberal propaganda

http://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/antarctic-sea-ice-reaches-new-record-maximum

moar ice bruh... than evur
>>
>>66985219
A degree in gender studies doesn't make you an academic
>>
>>66985112
Earth doesn't give a shit about human life conditions. If the climate changes so much we die, we die.
>>
>>66985112
>a salesman told me his product is good
>you guys are so dumb for not believing him
>>
>>66985112
>climate change is so real that we have an astronomer and bill nye the not actually qualified to talk about science guy to talk down to people about it.
If climate change is so fucking real, how come Harvard graduates never talk about it? Why is it always hyper liberal talking heads with minimal scientific qualifications saying "the studies the studies carbon tax"

I'm not even saying climate change is fake. but china would be leading the way far more than America and it pisses me off that we don't have actual scientists talking about it instead of fucking entertainers with bachelors degrees in mechanical engineering.
>>
>>66989285
>how come Harvard graduates never talk about it
Because nobody wants to touch that shitpile, that's why.
>>
>>66985242
>doesn't understand banter
Welcome reddit.
>>
/pol/ only hates it because its mostly libs who support it and the retarded regulations. Climate change is real.
>>
>>66989027
>moar ice bruh... than evur
What's it's density?
From what I understood it was thicker but massed less so it was storing less water
>>
>>66985112
Fuck off cuck, there are tonnes of scientists who don't believe in AGW. Yes, the climate changes, what a fucking surprise.
>>
Only idiots deny that the climate is changing, the question is if we are causing it.
>>
>>66985183
>Leftists accept climate change
>Feminists are leftists
>Therfor people who accept climate change are leftists

Flawless logic.
>>
>>66985112
>climate change is real
>I know more than the scientists who claim it isn't
>*tips fedora*
See, two can play that game.
>>
>>66989455
>Climate change is real.
It is but I don't believe it's man-made.
>>
>>66985112

>I think scientists are the ones making regulations
>>
>>66989709
>climate change is real
>okay I'm sure it is, ice ages and meltdowns and shit

>mankind is effecting it so hard that in 20 years earth will be uninhabitable and we need to start taxing people for using utilities which are already taxed. we'll call it a carbon tax, but we may as well call it a 'living tax'
>whoawhoawhoa slow down, do you have any evidence to back up those crazy claims

>haha check out this retard who denies science. it's all in the science dude, check out these graphs
>okay but do you have any actual studies

>holy shit spoon feeding go Google it retard
>yeah i did and all it says is that if we don't start carbon taxing the earth will explode in 4 days
>>
>>66989709
>based on the preponderance of the evidence the science is settled
>>
>>66985459
>>Climate change isnt real.

ok.

>>Actual scientists have come forward saying that their data was changed by a 3rd party to support the theory of Climate Change.

Name them.

>>Climate change just so happened to come around as new methods of tax came into play and bump up cap n trade etc.

So fuck what enviormentalist ecomoists have to say right?

>>Its 1st world nations way to literally stopping places like China, India and so forth from doing business because "you dont pay, you cant play"

Wut? The reason trade agreements are so fucking slow in the first place is exactly because all the world powers struggle to agree on terms because for example China has zero interest in stopping their emissions of coal. But that hardly makes US better as they are no good during those talks either.

>>India is getting pissed at America for not lowering the price of green technology so they can afford it.

The market price is designed by how efficent it is to create such energy and export it, no one decides to make it expensive on purpose duh.

>Same for Mexico.

In fairness US are pretty defensive of their own interests but they are slowly opening up trade agreements around the world allowing for more fair prices when trading.

Here is a good source of this with their 3000p book with very weird regulations made to protect their interests.

http://www.npr.org/sections/money/2013/12/06/247361423/the-giant-book-that-creates-and-destroys-entire-industries
>>
>>66989893
Oh shit sorry, i miswrote leftist at the end instead of feminist.
>>
>>66985112
>A FUCKING LEAF
>>
>>66989840
>mankind is effecting it so hard that in 20 years earth will be uninhabitable and we need to start taxing people for using utilities which are already taxed. we'll call it a carbon tax, but we may as well call it a 'living tax'

We dont tax people, we tax buisnesses. We create climate agreements such as we newly came to the conclusion that a country cant keep a patent on a product that helps with emissions (im pretty sure thats not accurate, but the gist of it). Or we can focus on new energy sources such as powerplants, water power, sun panels, wind power. Yes not always very efficient but we can again always focus on spending money to invent more efficient and new ways to create power. Again i dont have any clear cut solutions but accepting the problem is key as of now.
>>
>>66985689

I can't speak for social science, but the truth of the biology is that there are no unambiguous genetic identifiers for different races. Obviously racial phenotypes exist, you'd have to be mad to deny that, but if you gave me a random person's DNA I couldn't tell you with 100% certainty what their race is.

You know how professional sports organisations have been trying to come up with a foolproof medical test for gender for decades? Its the same problem, there are too many exceptions for such tests to be accurate. That doesn't mean gender doesn't exist, just that its hard to find anything that categorically makes a person male or female with no exceptions.
>>
>>66985166
Overpopulation is a thing that addresses and 'solves' itself even if the species in question doesn't take initiative.
>>
>>66991905
Id like it if we fucked less instead of having a war. I have been planning for a zombie apocalypse, bot how to keep chicken frys from niglets. They got glocks, i have jack shit.
>>
>>66990580
You talk like the words aren't interchangeable.
>>
>>66992035
War would be a form of humanity taking initiative. I would be surprised if armed conflict killed more people than environmental causes disturbing production and services.
>>
>>66992103
A few leftists that hate feminists:

Thunderfoot

Theamazingatheist

Sargon of Akkad

Me

Almost all the leftists i know
>>
>>66992327
Im not even sure how one prepares for the human apocalypse. Live as a hippie in the outskirts for 5 years and hope its over with?
>>
>>66985112
>global warming is bad
>>
>>66990847
Your not going to get many to agree when your knee jerk solution is more taxes and government. You don't see how that comes across as just another leftist scam even if it isn't?
>>
>>66993005
Politics is a bit more complicated then less taxes and less government. A lot of problems dont just fix themselves. Now i understand that bureaucracy can be wasteful, but arguably it could have saved our economy to have a bit more of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMFt7tRq-Ps
>>
>>66993164
Not trying argue if the standard solutions to climate change have merit, I am in fact arguing politics. For such proposals to ever be enacted requires broad bipartisan consent of the masses. Its not going to be good enough just to have a sympathetic leadership in power for a few years.
To get such support climate change advocates are going to have to move beyond the apparently left leaning biases to problem solving and come up with solution capable of winning over those who are skeptical of major government interference in society.
>>
>>66993633
I know. The left knee jerks climate change and the right knee jerk the denial for the fear of the all terrifying TAXES! ooohhhhhh!!!

I would rather people try to understand what the science has to say on it, but unfortunately i is too political of a subject at this point to turn it now. Unless we find a really cost efficient way to reduce emission it is unlikely anything will be done. Even if Bernie became Pres this year.
>>
>>66985112

>complain about climate denial
>as a Canadian

Fuck the facts, son, Canada has a double incentive to deny climate change.

Fossil fuel exports are a huge part of your economy and rising temperatures will make some of your useless territory relevant.

I've seen estimates that Canada will have over 100 million population by 2100 and be a major country due to immigration from USA and Asia as people flee sinking or drought-stricken territory and more of Canada's frozen wasteland becomes habitable.
>>
So what if climate change is real? We will just adapt, as we always have and always will.
>>
>>66993633
You can't convince anyone to work against climate change because the most efficient solution is 'downsize the global economy'.
>>
>>66985112
>a fucking l e a f
Maybe global warming will make Canada a habitable part of the continent. lol wreckt leaf btfo
>>
>>66994084

Because the rate at which Co2 is released into the atmosphere is too fast. Which means life wont be able to catch up and the diversity of life we will be in danger. Many species will be endangered, but also crops will start failing, more extreme weather etc.
>>
>>66994084
This is true. Its not fear of high taxes that kills climate change proposals in the developing world. Its the fact you have mostly EU post industrial countries trying to tell china, india, and a dozen other developing nations their people can't have the wealth and living standards of the West because fighting climate change demands it.
>>
>>66989754
believe is the domain of religion. This is not about fee fees.
>>
>>66992103
I'm somewhat leftist and i'm not feminist.

Stop with your identitarian politics There are more ideologies then librul and cuckservative
>>
>>66992698
Not sure if troll or complete retard
>>
>>66985242
>not using le maymay arrows properly

Reddit is just 2 blocks from here
>>
>>66994037
>Nile river dries up
>sahara expands to north/central africa
>middle east desertifies
>southern europe desertifies
>midwest desertifies

Just some possible cenarios
>>
>>66993862
>knee jerk the denial for the fear of the all terrifying TAXES
The measures required to halt global warming would kill quite.literally hundreds of millions of people anon.

The measures Germany is taking will stop global warming for some 36 odd seconds and is costing its people hundreds of billions a year in taxes and extremely high energy prices.

The environmentalist movement since it was founded in the 60s has increasingly become an anti humanist movement with many of the "old guard" who founded such movements being ostracized for rightfully disagreeing with these insane fucks
>>
>>66996339
At the height of the last ice age the carbon dioxide levels were so low that it dangerously reached the point where no plants could survive at all

http://www.naturalnews.com/039720_carbon_dioxide_myths_plant_nutrition.html#
>>
>>66985166

>implying this is a bad thing
>>
>>66988854
>Nonetheless, the argument of stopping emissions to save the world is retarded

No it is the only way to stop co2 accumulation in the atmosphere. If there weren't so many retards spooked about muh nuclear we would be doing much better. God I hate anti-nuke retards.
>>
File: 1455747718900.png (308 KB, 601x455) Image search: [Google]
1455747718900.png
308 KB, 601x455
>>66985112
When will liberals stop conflating natural climate change with man-made climate change.
>>
>>66985112
>the majority of scientists support this claim
>I can't point out who started this shit nor where this majority is
Do you know the majority of scientists believe you're a cuckold?
>>
File: 1456005006716.jpg (895 KB, 1000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1456005006716.jpg
895 KB, 1000x2000
>>66997331
Only retards don't know carbon dioxide is vital for life. But equilibrium is also vital.

>American education
>>
>>66993898
>Fuck the facts, son,
>>
File: image.jpg (852 KB, 938x4167) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
852 KB, 938x4167
>>66985112
>I believe oil and coal companies when they say nuclear is bad.
>fukushima, Chernobyl, and three mile island were not caused by incompetence.
>thorium doesn't exist
>the earth's climate doesn't naturally shift
>solar and wind are perfectly valid, the fact that they take up significant amounts of space doesn't matter.
>It's not like the energy industry is afraid their profit margins will die if something as powerful and efficiant as nuclear replaces coal
>it's not like they're the ones behind the anti-nuclear scare campains.

I'm not against methods to end pollution by any means, but you retarded leftist faggots have hurt those efforts more than anyone.
>>
>>67000498

How are 'leftists' tom blame for the suppression of Thorium? The US opted for Uranium as it is weapons. You're right on nuclear in general though, though people are spooked by it left and right.
>>
>>67000676
Lefties aren't specifically responsible for the abandonment of thorium, but they are somewhat responsible for us not picking it back up again.
>>
Scientists heavily dispute whether its real and how much it exists. My brother went to UMBC (a good US school) and said all of his physics professor don't believe in it.
>>
File: tru.png (227 KB, 397x430) Image search: [Google]
tru.png
227 KB, 397x430
>>66985112
THE NEEDLE TEARS A HOLE

THE OLD FAMILIAR STING...
>>
>>66985112
Appeal to authority is a logical fallacy. The oft quoted "97% of scientists believe in man made climate change" statistic has been rebutted time and time again. It's on the order of the "1 in 4 women are raped on college campuses" statistic.
>>
>>66985112
http://realclimatescience.com/2016/03/noaa-radiosonde-data-shows-no-warming-for-58-years/
I guess it's not settled science
>>
>>67001211

First 15 years. Now 58 years. And yet satellite data shows a clear trend. Funny that.

http://www.woodfortrees.net/
>>
>>67001881

ffs.... proper website

http://woodfortrees.org/
>>
>>67001939
T
|......./
|...../
|.../
|./____________ CO2
>>
The same science that brought you the conveniences of computers, phones, and cars now says something you don't want to hear.

Climate change deniers really are a special breed.
>>
>>67002498
And so are people who think solar or wind are valid energy source.
And so are people who are afraid of nuclear.

These retards are usually more dangerous than retards who don't give a fuck about the environment.
>>
>>66985112
>>I know more about science than scientists

Especially this. Jesus Christ, get a grip.
>>
>>67002991

>And so are people who think solar or wind are valid energy source.

This depends on location. Some places like Australia have great potential here.

related,

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/battery-powered-homes/
>>
>>66991595
How can forensic pathologists determine the race and sex of a spooky skelly only using the bones?

If bone growth is determined by genetics, it seems that there are genetic markers.
>>
File: Réchauffement climatique.png (2 MB, 1891x4901) Image search: [Google]
Réchauffement climatique.png
2 MB, 1891x4901
>>
>>67003115
And a nuclear reactor would be cheaper and more efficiant.

Hell, they could even use unsafe reactor designs. Nothing much to irradiate out there.
>>
>>67003216

'It was hotter in the past' is not an argument. Much was drastically different on a geological level back then.
>>
>>66999940
>But equilibrium is also vital.
And we've been restoring it you ad hominem using faggot

Global warming alarmist are the ones saying this return to a natural balance is bad
>>
>>67003477

I'm all for nuclear too. U, thorium then eventually Fusion. But solar and that have their place too. The doc I posted is well worth a watch. It's about people who are already doing it, running their house of solar and batteries. The battery tech is improving nicely.
>>
File: 1457551408475.jpg (149 KB, 800x820) Image search: [Google]
1457551408475.jpg
149 KB, 800x820
>>66985112
>>66985242
>>66985654
>>
>>67003632
You're right but the current climate nowhere close to being outside the natural variation recorded over millions of years.

There is not even enough recorded data to prove human activity can affect the globe.

That's not to say we can or can't, just that it's not provable for millions of more years, when we will likely be extinct, or have left Earth behind.
>>
>>66989285
>Anthony Cumia has Bill Nye and Nick Dipaolo on his show about a week ago
>5 minutes in Nick is calling Nye an asshole
>over an hour of Nye getting pissy about Nick asking questions and not just buying into his liberal bullshit
>at one point Nye actually fucking states that global warming causes muslim terrorism
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.