[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If we legalize pot, cartels and gangs go away. >this is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 887x730) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 887x730
If we legalize pot, cartels and gangs go away.

>this is what libs actually believe
>>
Not just pot, all drugs. Portugal did exactly that and saw lower crime and drug usage:

http://mic.com/articles/110344/14-years-after-portugal-decriminalized-all-drugs-here-s-what-s-happening#.vfIl0TIM7

Of course not all gangs are going to just disappear, but prohibition taught us that nothing fuels black markets and gang activity quite like banning substances. Wise up.
>>
Because its true.
>>
>>66981007
if we just kill everyone then there will be no more war.
>you literally cannot refute this
>>
Well, the war on drugs helps the economy man. Raid those degenerate drug houses and then turn around and make profit off the products like a real white man. Dont listen to the Libertarian fags they live in a fantasy land, Police state and high crime rates helps the economy man
>>
Mexicans are savage natives, they are engaged in Tribal Warfare because it's their way of life, take away the cartels and they'll just find something else to war over
>>
>>66981007
They don't go away but they're crippled. If you can get legal weed from a storefront, why bother with some shady drug dealer? I live in Colorado and I can drive 5 minutes away from my home and buy a wide variety of products with pretty much no hassle.
>>
If we just legalize all drugs, human trafficking (including minors), murder for hire, extortion, and robbery, cartels would just go away!
>>
>>66981274
Wait you mean if we get rid of drug laws there will be less drug crime? And if we do away with one of the ways drug use is reported, we will have less drug use?

Holy fuck mane mind blown
>>
>>66981007

>It works in Netherlands so it will work in the US!!!

Difference being that in the Netherlands no one actually actively smokes weed and it's just basically nonchalant turn-a-blind-eye pragmatism. I lived in the Netherlands for a while and visited quite a few coffee shops (yolo loved weed at the time. haven't smoked in a few years). The only people you ever see smoking are either Middle-Eastern/North African immigrants or like 100% hippie mode dreads and no shoes white guys who have just lost it.

I talked to some clerks/owners and some of them said that they get some of their bulk product from other countries anyway and it's smuggled into the country because it's cheaper that way (apparently). So the decriminalized status actually doesn't even stop illegal trafficing but continues to encourage it to some extent.

Legalizing weed in the states would be a horrible idea and it would make your population even more stoned and passive than they already are. I won't even go into legalizing hard drugs
>>
>>66985059

Oh and it's mostly tourists who smoke in Amsterdam etc. But as a non-Dutch you can't even buy weed in many of the other cities, for example I had to prove my residency and the fact that I live in the Netherlands when I bought weed from a coffeeshop in the south. Which isn't a bad idea as it prevents drug tourism into cities which don't want it (i.e. all cities except Amstershit).

Literally didn't meet a single dutch person who was an active smoker who also wasn't a stereotypical hippie.
>>
>>66985059
Drug law is strange.
You can grow 5 plants at home but there is no exception/license for suppliers of coffee shops.
So while they can sell weed legally to anyone over 18, their suppliers are usually illegal.
It's fucking stupid in implementation.

If growers were legal here, it would have a large impact on gangs (usually in the west but they make most money from cocaine etc).

But yeah, for Dutch people, weed smoking doesn't have that 'cool' appearance it has in most other countries.
Though the US could potentially get to that point too after legalization, it would take a few years. Kids getting to play with a new toy sort of thing.
>>
yeah... that'd be ridiculous.... taking a businesses monopoly on their largest product away from them would damage them.... so silly....

http://blog.sfgate.com/smellthetruth/2016/03/07/legal-marijuana-causes-mexican-drug-cartel-revenues-to-plummet/
>>
>>66985053
Why do you think the drug cartels lobby the hardest to keep drugs illegal?
>>
Happened during the Prohibition.
>>
>>66985415
came here to post this.

(I dont even smoke it, i just think it's bullshit.)
>>
>>66985053
Countries where drugs are legal have less problems with hard drugs and less drug related problems then other countries. This is a fact
http://mic.com/articles/110344/14-years-after-portugal-decriminalized-all-drugs-here-s-what-s-happening#.BJvEEI3ac
>>
>>66985053
> drug laws there will be less drug crime?
He meant less drug-RELATED crime
like gang turf wars over who gets to sell
or individual crimes like murdering someone else for their drugs.

but if a drug is legalizing and sold with fair price and quality, gangs and dealers will go bankrupt.
see Chigaco's alcohol prohibition.

Also, since many drug users are also teens and they have a rebellious nature, telling them they can't have X will also likely make them want it even more.

I have no idea what /pol/ has against cannabis, I suppose the fact that there are these chav fucks and all that retarded pot culture, but you can't blame the plant for it, it's truly a wonder plant.
there are variants of cannabis that can be used to mass produce paper in several months, a much more eco friendly variant then chopping down trees which take a lifetime to grow. can also get energy from hemp and etc, also the cannabis that people smoke can help fight cancer, anxiety, depression, can be used to make yourself sleep like a baby, and all the long comes with little to no long term side effects.
Alcohol and Cigarettes kill so many per year but Weed is more dangerous?
This is coming from countless research I've read
all around, you can google it yourself.

of course there are some downsides, research has shown that under 18 teenagers that smoke a large amount of weed, with their still developing brains, end up with a slight damage of the ability to store long term memory for the rest of their lives, then again so does Alcohol.

I suppose /pol/ doesn't like weed because liberals like it? it doesn't essentially mean they are wrong about every damn thing, heck a hundred or so years ago weed was advertised as a great headache reliever in the US, and that was long before the advert of liberalism.
>>
Gangs don't make a lot of money from weed so they wouldn't give a fuck, the real reason to legalise is there's no reason it's illegal.
>>
yeah, I'm so sick of all these bread and milk cartels trying to sell me illegal bread and milk.
>>
>>66981007
Supply and demand kid.
There will always be demand for drugs, it's just a question of who gets the money. The cartels or the government
>>
>>66981490
>false equivalence
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.