[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is retiring early degenerate? I know someone who is in his early
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: years_to_retirement.png (52 KB, 982x400) Image search: [Google]
years_to_retirement.png
52 KB, 982x400
Is retiring early degenerate? I know someone who is in his early 30s and has around a million dollars invested into index funds from his job as an engineer. He recently quit his job and spends all his time playing video games. He claims he has enough saved up to last him the rest of the life and that he doesn't plan to contribute to society any more. How can I convince him that he's being a leech and that he needs to go back to work for a fulfilling life?
>>
File: Jack_Shephard.jpg (22 KB, 637x350) Image search: [Google]
Jack_Shephard.jpg
22 KB, 637x350
>>66979719
How about your mind your own business and get back to flipping burgers, burger?

He can do whatever he wants, hardly a leech if he's leeching off his OWN money you unbelievable retard.
>>
>>66979719
If he made money and invested said money to pay for the rest of his life. In what way is he a leech? OP is mad he doesn't hab dank mirrions
>>
>>66979813
Society spent 20 years educating him. It's not fair that he gets to spend 10 years working and then drop out and not give anything more back. He's also not paying taxes for stuff like roads or national defense.
>>
Ask him to give you pointers you dumb cuck. And guess what, the wall just got ten times higher.
>>
>>66979719
How is he a life? He probably payed more taxes then you and he plan to live on his own money
>>
>>66979920

>He's also not paying taxes for stuff like roads or national defense.

He has paid enough taxes for these things.

>It's not fair that he gets to spend 10 years working and then drop out and not give anything more back.

He has given more than lots of niggers will in their whole lives.
>>
>>66979920
It's not fair to who, you? Fuck you're making me rage so hard. Either you're jellos or I'm taking bait either way I'm triggered
>>
>>66980012
He hasn't. At least niggers do some manual work every once in a while and produce real products. All this guy does is sit in front of a computer all day and make fake profits for his boss.
>>
>>66979920
Shut the fuck up.

He's already contributed and if he wants to retire that's his prerogative. How about instead of posting on 4chan you use that time working more so you can contribute and build more roads and throw a couple more hours of rifle cleaning and sitting around doing nothing at the army.
>>
>>66980116
Jellos detected. What the shit is fake profit. God you're dumb please don't vote.
>>
>>66980116

Who said you were to judge if he's paid enough taxes.

>All this guy does is sit in front of a computer all day and make fake profits for his boss.

The profits seem pretty real if he can take it easy at 35 and never lift a finger again.

Sounds like you're jealous, or projecting your opinion of "how unfair it is".
>>
If you're going to retire at 30, you might as well pursue a hobby with some redeeming value to society.

I certainly wouldn't feel very secure at this juncture just because I had $1M in some investments. Hope he's got some skills to backstop his life if that should turn out to have been a poor gameplan.
>>
>>66979719
retard
>>
>>66979920
I know it might not seem like it but that million dollars he has invested is not just sitting there accruing interest from nothing, It's being used to finance business ventures and provide loans to people

There is a distinct difference between people who get trust funds given to them and they just live off interest and people who manage to save and live off their own funds.

Also I'm not an expert on US tax law but I would be fairly sure that he is actually paying tax on interest/dividends/rent he is making off his investments.
>>
>>66980229
Yeah I would at least try to double that before retiring for life.
>>
>>66979719
how is he a leech if he made all that money himself?
>>
>>66980303
Don't kid yourself. It's being used to feed into financial ponzi schemes in a desperate effort to fudge economic numbers and pretend that retirement plans and other such things are actually solvent.

What you said only makes sense in a world that is not as disproportionately financialized as ours.
>>
>>66979920
Shut the fuck up commie
>>
File: 1442523876157.png (259 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1442523876157.png
259 KB, 500x375
How about deal with it you fucking loser he's off being able to live his life in any way he wants to while you're whining about petty shit that nobody cares about.

He's living the dream and you're jealous.
>>
>>66979920
Why is it allowed to be that dumb?ยจ
You're a jealous moron that's all.
>>
I'm jealous of your rich friend's riches, but I don't begrudge him them. Neither should you.
>>
>>66979719
Damn I need to get my act together and start saving. I'll never be like those extreme early retirement guys but fuck working until I'm 65.
>>
>>66980715
By the time you're 65, you'll either be dead or the retirement age will be like 80.
>>
>>66979719
Is he voting for Bernie Sanders?

If he does, he better be ready to work to keep his funds where they belong without being taxed to shit.
>>
>>66979719
He isn't leeching. He isn't producing all he could but he is certainly not leeching if he is paying for it.
>>
>>66979719
Wait, how is that being a leech if he has his own money?
>>
This is why you should vote for Bernie. Make sure your friend feels the Bern as all that gets taxed.
>>
>>66980777
Which is why I need to save now
>>
>>66980966
The problem is that low interest rates favor speculators and punish savers. What solution(s) you chose for that problem are up to you, but it's a problem in the idea that you can just save and then ride out on your savings at some point.
>>
>he doesn't pay taxes on his investments

"""people""" like OP are the reason this board has gone to the dogs.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.