[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on Teddy Roosevelt, /pol/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: roughteddy.jpg (68 KB, 657x780) Image search: [Google]
roughteddy.jpg
68 KB, 657x780
Was he as based as people make him out to be?

Or just another big-gov shill with a big dic- I mean stick?
>>
He nearly destroyed the Republican party allowing the Democratic Party more power and solidified Progressiveness. He easily did more harm than good.
>>
>>66975566
>He easily did more harm than good.
The Republican party destroyed itself by going full retard
>>
teddy bears are named after him
>>
>>66975625

>The Republican party destroyed itself by going Progressive

Like I said. He was at the for front of it.
>>
>>66975566
He has Sephardic Jewish ancestry
>>
>>66975720
>Like I said. He was at the for front of it.
>successful foreign policy, helped make us a super power
>anti-multiculturalism
>destroyed le evil trusts
He was great, stay mad
>>
Also, he was alpha as fuck
Started out as a scrawny fuck.
Became awesome in later life.
>>
File: 5713026_f520.jpg (68 KB, 520x634) Image search: [Google]
5713026_f520.jpg
68 KB, 520x634
>>66975566
Well, to be fair, didn't "progressive" mean something entirely different back then? Or are you reading your history backwards?
>>
>>66974440
The Roosevelt family made their fortune from the Opium trade in China. They're fucking evil.
>>
He was a sickly, weak child, and he spent the rest of his life trying to compensate. Hundreds of thousands died because of his ego.
>>
File: 5_20_02.jpg (24 KB, 420x302) Image search: [Google]
5_20_02.jpg
24 KB, 420x302
Alpha as fuck and def not cucked, but not a great leader of a govt
>>
File: 1441512111950.gif (472 KB, 450x320) Image search: [Google]
1441512111950.gif
472 KB, 450x320
One of the best president's we ever had.

>nationalist populist
>told big business' (who at the time abused the laborers) to fuck off and established basic workers rights
>broke up monopolies (trusts)
>negotiated the end of the Russo-Jap war
>federal parks and shit to preserve the beauty of our land
>pure food and drugs act so we didn't eat literal poison like we do today
>panama canal
>was an honest man in a time of incredible corruption
>>
>>66976220
At least unlike neocons he was not pro war as long as others fight, he actualy fought and encouraged his sons to enlist
>>
>>66976323

All this. Ignore any randroids who post in here and have nostalgia for the 19th century.
>>
>>66976323
Don't forget that he actually listened to journalists that uncovered meat production, which led to the Meat Inspection Act. Putin Sinclaire's The Jungle was great tho, go read it.
>>
>>66976220
>He was a sickly, weak child, and he spent the rest of his life trying to compensate. Hundreds of thousands died because of his ego.

he didnt "try" anything
>>
The irony of when conservatives bring up Teddy as an example of a great president is that Teddy was as big government as they come and outright ignored the constitution at times during his term.
>>
>>66976672
I think /pol/ just wants somebody who doesn't suck jew dick and does what's best for America, American culture, and American people.

Trump, for example, is barely a conservative.
>>
>>66974440

Yes.

>Protectionist
>Populist
>Nationalist
>Favored Direct Democracy action
>Hated the party structure, and called it out whenever possible
>Layed the Framework for the public lands system and conservation in the united states
>Built up our Naval power and our Army
>Led a successful assault in the Spanish American War in Cuba
>>
>>66976672
also, big government back then is completely different from big government today, ya fool
>>
>>66976534

The Jungle really is fantastic, and not just cause its standard reading. Its one of those rare exceptions
>>
>>66976828
Lol auto correct
>Putin Sinclaire
Fuck iPhones.
>>
>>66976909

Not to be a faggot, but if you had android, you could change your keyboard...
>>
>>66975897
Progressive meant progress back then(actually getting a minimum wage and less than 12 hrs a day of work, child labor laws...), not enabling people with mental diseases
>>
File: TR.jpg (52 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
TR.jpg
52 KB, 768x432
>>66976323
Was thinking I was gonna have to list why TR was so great but I'll just endorse this.

I would follow Theodore Roosevelt to the ends of the earth.
>>
File: bobsaget.jpg (16 KB, 230x316) Image search: [Google]
bobsaget.jpg
16 KB, 230x316
>>66975566
You just went full retard
>>
>>66976672
I was thinking about this the other day, and I actually felt that Trump reminded me a lot of both Andrew Jackson and Teddy Roosevelt, who fit your description. "New Nationalism" and TR platform sounds similar in some ways to Trump's MAGA pledge (but Trump is different in many others).

While I think there is value in promoting smaller and efficient government around the country, I don't know if the Republican party has to always default to the position of small government. It's not like it's an all-or-nothing situation.

>>66977077
that's what I sort of implied.
>>
>>66976442
Kinda sad story attached to that. He was really hawkish all the way until we joined WWI, and he even tried to go fight. He wasn't allowed, but his sons did go, it would be unthinkable for them not to. He encouraged them to go for honor, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if it never occurred to him that they might die. Anyway his youngest son was shot down in a dogfight and Teddy never recovered from the loss, died six months later.
>>
>>66977589
>I don't know if the Republican party has to always default to the position of small government

The republicans were the ones fighting against states' authority in the civil war, so definitely not.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.