[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have never been interested in american politics, it seems retarded.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
I have never been interested in american politics, it seems retarded.

So basically you guys have an election for each party representative, then once they representatives are decided, that's when you vote?

Who the fuck is voting for the representatives, I don't understand...

Your country is fucking weird, why don't the parties just pick their representatives and then do the elections. This shit is fucking confusing.

What in the fuck is a delegate, and for that matter what is a super delegate. Please explain the process to me as I am not sure what the fuck is going on.

Also what the fuck is a senator, are they like a super mayor of a state?

What the fuck?
>>
>>66968094
>Who the fuck is voting for the representatives
Memes.
>>
>>66968094
Google it.
>>
>>66968190
You guys have a parliamentary system right? Don't you find this shit a bit redundant?
>>
>>66968204
For once I am actually interested in your elections can you just explain it to me please. Feel free to indulge your autism.
>>
FUCKING ANSWER ME YOU PIECES OF SHIT

WHAT IS A DELEGATE

WHO VOTES FOR THEM?????
>>
>>66968094
>why don't the parties pick the representatives
they do, inasmuch as voters are members of political parties.

>what the fuck is a delegate and for that matter what is a super delegate
delegates are drawn from the party membership. politically active members of the party in each state are selected to represent their state's party membership at the nominating convention.

primary/caucus results determine the distribution of candidate support among the delegates sent to the convention.

superdelegates are members of the party who currently hold elected office.
>>
>>66968239
Yes. We have a mixed member proportional.
The American system is probably due to their constitution and fear of dicatorship etc.
>>
>>66968925
Oh thank you.

So when trump wins a state he is winning delegates?

Do people tell their representatives who to elect as the representative by voting, do you vote twice?
>>
>Also what the fuck is a senator, are they like a super mayor of a state?

yes. each state has two senators so that no one senator becomes mad with power. the american system of government is characterized by a series of checks and balances.
>>
>>66969196
Interesting, I like your system, it seems more fair than ours.
>>
>>66968094
>Who the fuck is voting for the representatives, I don't understand...
The people, according to the rules in each state. In some it is a closed primary/caucus and only party members can vote, in others it's an open primary and you only have to register and then choose in which party's primaries you want to vote.

>why don't the parties just pick their representatives and then do the elections
Because of a little thing called F R E E D O M

But seriously, they do. However in theory it's the people of the party who choose them, not the elites. Whoever steps up to the plate has a chance.

>What in the fuck is a delegate, and for that matter what is a super delegate.
people vote -> delegates are distributed among the candidates according to the rules in each state -> delegates vote for their alloted candidate at the National Convention

It's a holdover from the olden days. Both parties find ways to cuck the people though. Democrats are the worst offender because they have a bunch of so-called super delegates (important party people) who can vote for who the fuck they want at the National Convention. It's essentially rigging the whole thing.

Republicans are more subtle about it and not so completely rigged. If no candidate achieves a certain number of delegates (around 1200, but I don't remember for sure) they are deemed to not have had a resounding win so they have a "brokered convention" instead of a normal one and no delegate is tied to their respective candidate anymore. In essence this is you "the party choosing who they want", meaning that the delegates negotiate among them who gets the nomination. If you win big, you're in. If you don't, we'll see. It's basically that.

Delegates aren't voted on btw. They're just people in the party which currently hold office.

>Also what the fuck is a senator, are they like a super mayor of a state?
A Senator represents you in Washington. A Governor is the "super mayor".
>>
>>66969124
>So when trump wins a state he is winning delegates?
yes

>Do people tell their representatives who to elect as the representative by voting, do you vote twice?
caucuses tend to be direct elections of delegates. primaries are designed to aggregate actual selection of delegates to party leadership at various levels.

at the nominating convention, delegates are obliged to vote for the candidate who sent them in the first round of voting. it's not voting twice, it's more like the delegate transmits the vote to the party. if there are subsequent votes, however, delegates are usually unbound from the candidate who "won" them initially.
>>
>>66969018
political parties are not constitutional structures. party politics falls under the broad category of shit the federal government implicitly cedes to states by virtue of FREEDOM.
>>
>>66969124
Yes. Each state offers a set amount of delegates (who pledge their vote to a candidate based on the votes). Some have different rules on how they distribute them, some states are proportional, some have thresholds (a candidate would need, for example, at LEAST 15% of the populace vote to qualify, otherwise he gets 0 delegates from said state). Some states have a threshold where, if a candidate receives over 50%+1 of the vote, they receive all delegates of the state. Some states are winner-take-all without threshold, for example, if Trump and Cruz were tied in Florida, but Trump had at least +1 more vote than him, Trump would take all 99 of Florida's delegates. Majority rules.

Once a candidate receives half of the total delegates available+1 (majority rules, again), he becomes the nominee for his party.

Then they face the election and the people vote for the best person (decided, once again, by voters) to represent them in office.

It's simple, really.

Just don't ask about the electoral college vote.
>>
>>66968094
The parties do just pick their representatives and then do the elections. The "primary" vote is just within the parties because they are so large. They aren't an official part of the US political system, they're just a tradition within the two really big parties.

It's not part of the election. It's just party politics.
>>
>>66969542
>>66969624
>>66969934
Wow, I never took interest until I got older, I have a new found respect for you guys. I hope someday I can move down there when Canada goes tits up.

There is seemingly no reason to even stay here anymore.

Keep up the good work.
>>
>>66968094
a
fucking
leaf
>>
>>66969996
>>66970184
Ahh I thank you for explaining I appreciate it. I'll fuck off now, good show.
>>
>>66969996
>Just don't ask about the electoral college vote.
the electoral college is broadly analogous to the party nomination process, except instead of being organized by the parties it is organized by the lizard people as stipulated in the 12th amendment.
>>
>>66968435

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_95I_1rZiIs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUS9mM8Xbbw
>>
>>66970212
>I never took interest until I got older
school districts don't have the money to teach civics anymore so you're in good company.
>>
We are not a democracy or a parlimentary democracy which is what everyone else does.

America is a limited representative, Constitutional republic.

Basically we elect people who then elect and appoint others. and we elect in multiple separate political bodies who are in opposition to each other so things dont happen at the federal level unless there is majority agreement among elected Representatives

This system is built to prevent precicely what is destroying europe and other "democracies" and that is Mob-Rule (Rule by the mob)

our government was built to prevent 51% of the population from having emotional reactions to issues of the day and being able to force sweeping institutional changes as the result of their majority voting power.

Trust me when i tell you that america would be WAAAAAY more fucked up if we didnt do things this way. I mean you would have all gotten nuked decades ago if we were "rule by the mob" parliamentary democracy like the rest of you faggots
>>
>>66968094
>doesn't care about American politics
>calls other people retarded

Listen Poncho, American politics are WORLD politics.
>>
>>66971713
>export democracy everywhere
>make sure they can't into federalism
>no lizard people they can count on to disintermediate subversive majority
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.