[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do we waste money on subsidizing poor people and useless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
File: tumblr_nj4wtqeTO91qztcdbo1_500.jpg (120 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nj4wtqeTO91qztcdbo1_500.jpg
120 KB, 500x364
Why do we waste money on subsidizing poor people and useless infrastructure to support them when we could be converting near earth asteroids into habitable colonies.

We can worry about human decency once we have unlimited space, unlimited resources and freedom from the earth's constraints. it could all be done with 1970's engineering too if the money was there.
>>
>>66959852
We can barely even get a single person on mars with today's most modern technology.
>>
Just imagine how much better the earth would be if the poo in the loos and the Chinese human hive were forcibly deported to space habitats. We could keep the earth as a park for the upper class.
>>
>>66959852
space travel is misogynistic and racist
>>
>>66960129

we could easily get a person on mars, its that we dont have any form of long term housing
>>
Asteroids don't vote.
>>
>>66959852
Oy vey, anon, don't you care about the less fortunate?
>>
>>66960341
No, we aren't willing to spend the money for long term housing
>>
Everything about space and science is a lie from their own religions. You wanna destroy and build a wall*e ship? Go ahead but you shouldn't use out cash to fund it
>>
>>66960129
Then why not create OP's space image? Literally space travel of the future, self sustaining moving colonial ships that can reach new worlds. Sure, it will take a while, but it can be done with enough focus. People would live and die on that thing. To keep oxygen levels in check, mandatory population limit. Have replacement of engineers and physicists by a system of schooling. Ect. Ect. Like the earth in a penis shaped object.
>>
>>66959852
My uncle John would have loved this thread.
He dead tho.
>>
>tumblr

Back to your hug box kid
>>
>>66960341
We could definitely get a person on mars, they could have done it in the 1970's. We just can't get them back, and they would probably take a lethal radiation dose on the way. We could build ships to withstand the radiation, but if the people aren't coming back anyways...
>>
>>66960516
You know, Israel doesn't have any astronauts. They sent one up, but he didn't make it back down. Turned into ash over Texas, family tradition and all that.
>>
>Muh space

yeah guys lets burn the only planet we can live on so we can play space adventure in a place that is impossible to live indefinitely in
>>
>>66960620
That isn't a colony ship, it is just a habitat module that would orbit the earth. Traveling back into another gravity well on a hostile planet light years away is stupid when you could just mine our asteroid belt and build enclosed colonies to support trillions of people.

Some of those rocks up there have more metal than all of it ever mined by humanity as we are now.

Biggest problems I could see is fires, they are so big they will not explosively decompress and other failures happen so slowly.
>>
>>66959852
No oil on Mars.
>>
>>66961380
You are doing more damaging by giving international aid and driving your car. Imagine the efficiency if most farming was done giant orbital greenhouses with perfectly controlled enviroments
>>
because you're going to need technomagical bullshit near the level of Star Trek to make extraterrestrial living viable, its never going to be more cost effective than living on the Earth. The world could be inhabited by roaming hordes of killer cyborg zombies and it'd still be less inhabitable than space.
>>
Who the fuck cares about mars? It is a dead rock with a gravity well too far away to efficiently consume.
>>
That should be left to the private sector since it would be more cost and time efficient.
>tumblr
>>
>>66962001

And imagine if fairy dust was how America generated it's wealth
>>
>>66960129
We've had all the necessary technology to put people on Mars for over 40 years, what we lack is the money to do it
>>
>>66962047
No you'd just need to foot the bill of putting the first refinery into space, the original NASA plan was to build it on the moon and launch parts from there.

The habitats are essentially two counter rotating glass submarines/sky scrapers. Nothing exciting about them at all.
>>
>>66959852
>>66960129

as white people decrease, the amount of interest in exploration, especially space exploration, will diminish
>>
>>66962760
That's why governments are needed and libertarians are wrong, short term economic interest are not always in the interest of a country. No its not economically efficient in the short term. Long term it allows for economic opportunities that are inconceivable.
>>
>>66963047
Alright. I don't personally think we have the technology to make that sort of thing remotely viable. We may in 50 years or so.
>>
>>66962047
this. Space is fancy and the current human frontier, but everything related to it is both absurdly expensive and useless except for the achievement
>>
>>66960225
sure rabbi
>>
>>66960225
Fuck that. Let the plebs stay on earth while the rest of us explore/conquer the universe.
>>
>>66961380
>burn the only planet

Why do you retards keep saying this?

You dont need to destroy Earth to leave it.
>>
File: Why we need to go to space.jpg (1 MB, 780x4214) Image search: [Google]
Why we need to go to space.jpg
1 MB, 780x4214
I'll just drop this off here......
>>
>>66963752
NASA had Stanford engineers look into it in the seventies. The structural and material engineering knowledge is there, the structures are not impossible. It's the cost of space and related infrastructure that makes it impossible.
>>
File: Gundamep12h.jpg (44 KB, 664x498) Image search: [Google]
Gundamep12h.jpg
44 KB, 664x498
MAKE ZEON GREAT AGAIN
>>
>>66965302

This
>>
File: 1439344641916.jpg (2 MB, 2808x1952) Image search: [Google]
1439344641916.jpg
2 MB, 2808x1952
>>66965027
>>
File: dealwithit.jpg (152 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
dealwithit.jpg
152 KB, 640x480
>>66965302
>>66965576
So If I post the white devil here is zeon going to bitch and complain that they lost the war because of him? Zeon are stupid fucks when it came to war.
White devil master race...
>>
>>66965302
I miss the original gundam series...
Almost every gundam series after the one with the psycho gundam sucks ass desu
>>
File: Crossbonevanguard.jpg (176 KB, 333x436) Image search: [Google]
Crossbonevanguard.jpg
176 KB, 333x436
>>66965302
>>66965576
Zeon this, Zeon that, I doubt your exposure to Gundam is anything more than secondhand. Cosmo Babylonia > shit > Zeon
>>
>>66966844
Nigger I've actually watched Victory so I'm deeper in the hole than at least 95% of Gundamfags.
>>
>>66965027
the problem is and will always be leaving the atmosphere.

we still lack any viable "space elevator" to get people and material into orbit. From there on building large colony space-ships and moving them towards other planets would be easy.

A space-ship isnt considerably more complex than a submarine.
>>
>>66960225
>upper class
>niggers
You confused?
>>
>>66967714
How do we do this?
How powerful would a cannon have to be to shoot something into space?
>>
>>66968220
Try googling "Space Elevator" or "Orion Project".
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.