[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on the Rwandan Genocide /pol/ What were the main
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8
File: REU-RWANDA-GENOCIDE-1.jpg (762 KB, 2200x1485) Image search: [Google]
REU-RWANDA-GENOCIDE-1.jpg
762 KB, 2200x1485
Redpill me on the Rwandan Genocide /pol/

What were the main causes of the ethnic tensions in Rwanda?

More importantly, why did UNAMIR (UN peacekeepers) back out when the genocide began?
>>
File: World+IQ+Map[1].jpg (103 KB, 1000x625) Image search: [Google]
World+IQ+Map[1].jpg
103 KB, 1000x625
African's have low IQ -> low tolerance -> savagery ->genocide
>>
>>66951004
>why did UNAMIR (UN peacekeepers) back out when the genocide began?
because the UN is only good for molesting children and target practice
>>
>>66951004
Jews
>>
>>66951004
but blacks can't be racist!
>>
>>66951993
I was sort of expecting this answer desu
>>
The Rwandan Genocide was a genocidal mass slaughter of Tutsi and moderate Hutu in Rwanda by members of the Hutu majority. During the approximate 100-day period from April 7 to mid-July 1994, an estimated 500,000–1,000,000 Rwandans were killed

Jesus why do we still have niggers here, they WILL snap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbv6QGhXj7g

FUCK JEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REMOVE JEW THEN REMOVE NIGGERS
>>
>>66951004
good old fashioned genocide of a former minority ruling party at the hands of those they oppressed during the colonial era

As for the UN, they dun goofed so catastrophically as to effectively destroy the idea that it could be an actual "peacekeeping" force, and honestly the US fucked up too by completely sitting on the sidelines
>>
>>66952569
No one cares LMFAO!
no mentions nothing, why would Hitler be fucked if he was genociding Jews (he wasn't) other than Jews being in control of countries.
>>
>>66951004
>What were the main causes of the ethnic tensions in Rwanda?
Colonial powers forcing people who had no business being together into the same nation by drawing up arbitrary borders.

It's happened all over the world.
>>
>>66952811
but diversity is our strength?
>>
>>66952811
I think it was the Germans who forced the Tutsi out of Ethiopia into Rwanda.

So you're most definitely right
>>
>>66953459
why would making borders filled with different ethnicities matter if we are all one race?
it's only racist bourgeois capitalist white people who invented racism.
>>
>>66951004
So, Belgian rule had more or less stabilized the region. Belgians had more or less employed divide and conquer tactics empowering local groups to keep base level control. When the natives quickly fell into civil war the government used death squads against political opponents which as the war soured quickly became a genocide.

The west specifically avoided using genocide in speech lest they be obligated to intervene. Why? Because fuck Africa and the cold war was over.
>>
>>66953459
if we were all diverse there would be no racism, no?
we need more blacks and beaners in the u.s.
>>
>>66953778
6 million mentioned every day, 1 million genocided 0 mentions.
>>
>>66953459
>anything bad happens anywhere
>I-IT MUST BE THE GERMANS GUYS

I bet you think the holocaust is real too
>>
>>66953778
>and the cold war was over.
that's the part that doesn't make any sense, the US/Western Europe were just infinitely more powerful than the rest of the world, and at one of the most lopsided eras in human history they just sit with their thumbs up their asses and let millions get hacked to death with machetes

what's the point of all this kickass military tech if we aren't going to go use it, dammit
>>
>>66953778

This. Stoking tribal tensions for years turned the place into a disaster once Belgians backed out.

Wiki: "Belgian rule reinforced an ethnic divide between the Tutsi and Hutu, and they supported Tutsis political power. Due to the eugenics movement in Europe and the United States, the colonial government became concerned with the differences between Hutu and Tutsi. Scientists arrived to measure skull—and thus, they believed, brain—size. Tutsi's skulls were bigger, they were taller, and their skin was lighter. As a result of this, Europeans came to believe that Tutsis had Caucasian ancestry, and were thus "superior" to Hutus. Each citizen was issued a racial identification card, which defined one as legally Hutu or Tutsi. The Belgians gave the majority of political control to the Tutsis."
>>
>>66954011
Yes, because the UN must intervene in cases of genocide.

Why the fuck would any Western nation want to spend billions of dollars preventin worthless 3rd worlders from butchering eachother.
>>
>>66954369
>A fucking
Oh wait
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 2512x1052) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 2512x1052
>>66952811
>>
>>66951004
remenber the Srebrenica ?
same shit
zero holanders in jail
nothing to see here move along
#grabspopcorn
>>
>>66953719

kek
>>
File: imploding.png (120 KB, 300x284) Image search: [Google]
imploding.png
120 KB, 300x284
>>66951575
>tfw that map isn't accurate
>tfw aussie admits to being dumber than motherland niggers
>>
>>66955303
Indigenous
>>
Just Nigs nogging tbqh
>>
>>66951004
The Tutsi people quite literally enslaved the Hutu for over 500 years and some Tutsi royalty even proclaimed themselves demigods. The downward spiral began when the Tutsi royalty essentially sold their own country to Germany. Ever since the 1890's, the Tutsi slowly lost power to the Hutu and whomever was in control of the country as it was changing hands every week. In the 50's the Belgians encouraged democracy for the country and the Hutu got really uppity and assassinated the Tutsi president in 1961. A lot of other shit happened including some small civil war and just general building up to the genocide.

The big show came when, and it's largely suspected now, that the Tutsi leader of the RPF, Paul Kagame, ordered the shooting of the plane of Hutu President of that time, Juvénal Habyarimana, in order to purposefully enrage the Hutu into massacring the Tutsi people. By doing this he would have legitimacy and support from the international community to finally wipe out the Hutu and take back the country. After the genocide, Kagame led the RPF in a military campaign against the Hutu, took control of the country, and he still leads it to this day.
>>
>>66954929
Actually, colonial re-drawing of borders is if like Britain, Spain or France re-drew America's border and gave more land to Mexico or Canada, forcing the inhabitants of the new land to integrate with the inhabitants of the old land.

Essentially what happened in Europe before WWI

And between Israel and Palestine.

We all know what happened after those.
>>
>>66955547
pretty smart.
>>
>>66952811
This is bullshit. Not every fucking problem in the world relates back to white people and colonialism. What the fuck is this? A 10th grade social studies class?
>>
>>66955575
happiness from increased diversity?
racism snuffed out?
>>
>>66951004
A bunch of niggers were killing each other in Rwanda because of a Hutu "royal" family did not like them. They set up a propaganda machine that blamed the Tutsi for their problems and when the genocide started the played prerecorded messages over loudspeakers and radio where exactly to find those responsible for making their lives awful.

The U.N. called the genocide a "Tribal War" because they didn't want to get involved with a bunch of useless niggers in Africa and had no obligation to if the conflict was considered a "Tribal War" or "Tribal Dispute", it was only after the niggers were done Chimping out that it was rewritten as a genocide because now the U.N. wouldn't have to get in the middle of it since it was already over.

TL:DR U.N. is a bunch of pussies who weasel their way out of conflicts
>>
>What were the main causes of the ethnic tensions in Rwanda?

It's something you can google, but the Hutus and the Tutsis hated each other, in a vicious tribal rivalry. They can identify each other by appearance differences (one of the groups has more slender, elegant noses and so on), so no one could really escape as they could be racially identified as the rival group, just by appearance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_of_Hutu_and_Tutsi
>>
>>66955448
They're not that big a part of the population to make the average IQ of all of Aus to be 65.
>>
>>66955984
I love these ethnic conflicts in Africa it is very entertaining.
>>
>>66955891
The Rawandian genocide was literally caused by ethnic divisions fostered by colonialists.

You not liking something doesn't make it go away.

Don't take my word for it, for once in your life, look into something for yourself.
>>
>>66956294
Haha, sure.
>>
>>66956101
did you read the title?
>>
>>66951004
Tutsi were tall, light skinned invaders that conquered the Hutus in the 1300s. They constituted the upper class until Belgian withdrawal. Then the Hutus gained power via democratic majority. Then they chimpped out over 600 years of peaceful rule and hacked 800,000 of each other to pieces. Meanwhile the Tutsi rebel army conquered the whole country.
>>
>>66956101
Are you dyslexic?
>>
File: 1457077465236.gif (995 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1457077465236.gif
995 KB, 500x281
>>66952811
That line gets trotted out often but I wonder how many times people actually think critically about it. These are tribal societies. They consider fucking up the next tribe over a rite of passage, a proud tradition and their birth right.

Tribes fight the tribes around them all the time. For resources, for land, for something to do on a summer's evening.

There are no lines that could have been drawn on a map that would have made such people get along. None whatsoever.

You blame colonizers when it is the pointless and arbitrary tribal system that keeps them fighting their neighbors to the point of self destruction. They did it long before we came and they'll continue to do it long after we abandon them to their own devices.

Tribal peoples are simply incapable of existing peacefully within a society. It's not the borders. It's the people.
>>
>>66955891
Sorry lad

But colonialism is at fault for this one
>>
>>66956294

What are you going on Aboot? The decision to brutally execute millions of people with basically machetes and pitchforks lies with the fucking executioners. There are divisions amongst societies all over the world. I am not denying the difficult aftermath of colonialism in many places but.... canacuck really? Spare me this fucking narrative for one fucking night. Allow yourself to except that the actually genocidal murders are the fucking villains of this particular genocide. You are using intellectually lazy deflection that assumes the nogs aren't capable of having an original idea or capable of understanding what they are doing. Thats libcuck pandering 101.
>>
File: tq3Wj4Q.jpg (963 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
tq3Wj4Q.jpg
963 KB, 2448x3264
>>66956371
>>66956695
I naturally occured in my country, ergo I am indigenous. You naturally occured in your country, ergo you are indigenous. It's not like you were all born in Europe and we're flown in to your countries.
>>
>>66957650
No, sorry lad colonialism didn't do shit here.
>>
>>66952811
>Colonial powers forcing people who had no business being together
WHAT?!!??

YOU MEAN IT WASN'T A PERFECTLY MULTICULTURAL STATE?
>>
>>66957957
Like are you genuinely learning disabled? It's okay if you are.
>>
>>66958013
Alright, they didn't directly orchestrate the killings, but they set up the stage

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rwandan_Genocide#Colonial_era
>>
>>66957957
The map doesn't account for diaspora or your opinions
>>
>>66958787

Why can't Africans live in multicultural societies?
>>
>>66959361
Seems like Africans are as bigoted as they come
>>
>>66957650
Does the Le Weedman know you hold such anti-multiculti views?
>>
>>66957957
also nationality ≠ ethnicity
>>
>>66958787
So blacks don't possess normal human intelligence and are easily manipulated like animals. And /pol/acks think Canadians are shitposters, tsk tsk
>>
>>66958787
You still don't get it. Ha Ha Ha. By your "set the stage logic" lets examine a hypothetical scenario in which because because the united states ended segregation millions black people were chopped to pieces by white people or vice versa. Would you then be copying and pasting wikipedia links about how the desegregation of the U.S and how that led to millions of butcher people. There is no argument here. You have no argument.
>>
>>66955303
>>66956101
>>66957957
No wonder it's at 65
>>
File: tyOeyu7.jpg (234 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tyOeyu7.jpg
234 KB, 500x500
>>66958633
>>66959021
My family was here before this place was a country. I'm native as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>66955303
Hello Chief Powhatan
>>
Islam. The religion of peace, let them in immediately.
>>
>>66960119
No but I would be posting links about colonial effects of Israel/Palestine, Bosnia and other places in Eastern Europe.

Just like >>66960099 essentially said. These people were simply out of touch with reality and killed people because colonialists forced them onto their land; as well as a tribalistic mentality that loomed for centuries.

Your example of the abolishing of slavery in the US is absolutely terrible because not only is it hypothetical, but the scenario lacks historical background. Niggers came to America through the slave trade, they didn't come to conquer.

The Hutu and Tutsi hated eachother (Tribal rivals) for thousands of years and they were forced to share land. Big difference
>>
>>66951004
It's hard to know hutu blame for that tutsituation
>>
>>66961536
>simply
you really are stupid.
>>
>>66956101
Jesus Christ dude
>>
>>66957957
If a panda is born at the San Diego zoo does that mean pandas are indigenous to the US?
>>
>>66962096
Thanks
>>
>>66962454
injuns came from siberia
>>
File: 1457668518358.gif (3 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1457668518358.gif
3 MB, 200x150
>>66961969
>>
>>66962454
>>66962454
Was it born here from a family that's been here for generations and generations? Generations stretching back to before this was a country? If so, then I'd day so.
>>
>>66961536
So, you're saying they were too stupid to redraw lines on a map that were drawn on a map by different people?
>>
>>66963317
Prior to colonization they didn't technically have lines or formal boundaries like other countries have.

It was like Europe before the French Revolution and consequent nationalist movements; there weren't stagnant states. People grouped together based on ethnicity, language, culture etc. but there weren't borders.

So to answer your question, yes and no. Yes because I guess they've just been dealing with it (although in recent times, states like South Africa/Rhodesia and Zimbabwe have been iffy) and no because they didn't adhere to a border-state system originally.
>>
>>66964165
>>66963317
Sorry, in regards to Europe there were borders governed by a central body, but no national identity. Rather like grouped geographical regions.
>>
>>66964165
What was stopping them from abolishing borders when whitey left?
>>
>>66965012
Those borders in europe were also bad around a mix of conquests and ethnicity. That's why the French look French and speak French. That's why Norwegians look Norwegian and speak Norwegian. It's not really that different from literally anywhere else in the old world.
>>
>>66965577
Built around, not bad around
>>66965012
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.