[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't a country claim Antarctica and build a great
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: antartica_map.gif (65 KB, 728x728) Image search: [Google]
antartica_map.gif
65 KB, 728x728
Why didn't a country claim Antarctica and build a great ice civilization?
>>
>>66937127
Everyone agreed not to if I remember correctly, and there isn't much there in the way of resources.
>>
Because the Earth is flat.
>>
It's fucking cold and penguins taste like shit
>>
because its the entrance to middle earth
>>
>>66937265
This. Plus no one needs that much ice.
>>
>>66937127
No oil gold spices or tea
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 200x200
>>66937127
Use those critical thinking skills
>>
>>66937127
Argentina has a little bit of Antarctica if im right
>>
>>66937127

Literally any reason you can think of is why they didn't.

It would literally be more advantageous to just build an island off your countries coast than to ship a ton of food to Antarctica every month because it's too fucking cold to grow anything.
>>
>>66937127
bait harder stupid bogan
>>
>>66938772
They've got a lot of ice though. That's probably worth.. Something.
>>
>>66937127
But they have

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DbKNlFcg02c
>>
>>66937127
And eat what?
>>
>>66938772
>no oil
>implying
>>
Don't worry, we got this guys.
>>
>>66937127
things needed for me to live in antarctica

-a properly isolated house
-reliable and cheap supply/transport of food/gas/electricity/medicine to your shithouse in the middle of fucking nowhere
-good internet

so far there are 0/3 conditions fulfilled
>>
>>66939083
Penguins. And snowcones.
>>
>>66939000
spotted the faggot retarded chav
>>
Aliens.
>>
>>66937127

Because...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DbKNlFcg02c
>>
>Temperatures reach a minimum of between −80 °C (−112 °F) and −89.2 °C (−128.6 °F) in the interior in winter and reach a maximum of between 5 °C (41 °F) and 15 °C (59 °F) near the coast in summer. Sunburn is often a health issue as the snow surface reflects almost all of the ultraviolet light falling on it.

>freeze to death while getting tanned as fuck
>>
They're waiting until someone produces technology that can be used to dig for oil/other shit under the massive ice sheets. It is already divided between different countries and they're sitting on those slices.
>>
>>66939051
it's ice ice not meth mate
>>
>>66939954
Maybe you could use the sun to focus rays and make it more livable as well as getting something to grow there?
>>
>>66940021
You mean technology to melt ice?
I think there are several existing technologies for that.
>>
>>66937127
Literally who?

South American Indians in Argentina, the southern most native population, at their height were pastoral people and would have a difficult time grazing ice. A very hidden fact in history, but the bantus only arrived in Africa around the same time the Dutch did and Australian aboriginals weren't seafaring.

That leaves the maoris.

So, I guess....

Why didn't the maoris colonise south and create an ice warrior civilisation.
>>
>>66940593

We're talking about kilometres of ice and permafrost ground. Good luck trying to get resources out of that productively.
>>
Could you claim a piece of the unused section and make a colony?
>>
>>66940909
>Sunburn is often a health issue as the snow surface reflects almost all of the ultraviolet light falling on it.
Gee, I wonder where we'd get that energy from...
>>
>>66937127

>Cold
>Not much food
>Nazi Aliens live under the ice
>>
>>66937127
>Why didn't a country claim Antarctica and build a great ice civilization?
US did it in Greenland in the 50's. Thule base, a nuke power military airbase
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTPCXB6Oc1E

Also there is Canada Signal intel base at Alert, the most northern permanently manned base.

Build a southern Thule/Alert like complexes, using modern tech would be much easier and much improved over the 70 year old verson. Throw in some exrta airstrips/w heated hangers, sub pens and a harbour, cleared by nuclear icebreakers and just say to the world 'come at me bro'
>>
>>66940271
kekelty shekelty
>>
File: penguin-awareness.jpg (27 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
penguin-awareness.jpg
27 KB, 950x534
>>66937127
Because the Empire of the Penguins has claimed Antartica as their own.
>>
>>66937127
No Tim tams mate
>>
>>66940817
Too busy eating cunts.
>>
>>66940989
Fuck no. There were people who tried to launch an independent expedition to antarctica. They were driven away from the coast on gunpoint. They literally had a boat full of armed men come and intercept them.
>>
>>66942413
Kek. Whose territory was that in.
>>
The Earth is hollow
>>
File: S.S._Antarctica.png (556 KB, 826x620) Image search: [Google]
S.S._Antarctica.png
556 KB, 826x620
>>66941602
>>
>>66942413
Was it in someone's claim?
>>
>>66937127
Someone has man. They've been deep under that ice for a long fucking time now. There are great amounts of resources on the actual continent of Antarctica. There is a great nation below that ice, and if they wanted to start a war with anyone they would win.
They just let other countries "claim" bits of the surface ice as theirs just like when a child climbs to the top of the playground and says "This is Mine Now!" none of the people who actually own that playground come over and correct them.
>>
>>66943252

Don't remember. They uploaded a youtube video about it but it has been taken down or something. I can't find it anymore.
>>
>>66938586

No one needs an assault rifle
>>
>>66938833
GTFO troll.
>>
>>66937127
Chile, Argentina and UK claim the same land, BTW.

Personally i think that the main reason for UK wanting Malvinas is for them to able to claim Antarctica territory.
>>
It goes around the whole flat earth and ayys will kill you if you go too far
>>
>>66939051
I mean, cold ice will probably be worth millions once global warming defrosts the polar caps.
>>
>>66937127
Some countries (including both yours and mine) did, we just agreed not to do anything with our slice of the ice until 2048 or something, because, conservation & penguins & shit.

It'll be great when the treaty expires, Antarctic claimants will have all that juicy oil sitting there which we'll be able to sell at 300 Euros/barrel.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.