[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anything wrong with being a career bartender/mixologist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: bartender-final.jpg (90 KB, 600x345) Image search: [Google]
bartender-final.jpg
90 KB, 600x345
Is there anything wrong with being a career bartender/mixologist?
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 460x259) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 460x259
I started as a Hillary supporter, and I still am.
#hillary2016
>>
>>66928419
Fuck out of my thread hillbot.
>>
>>66928221
yes Bartending gives you no useful skills outside a damn bar.
maybe at your friend's party, you can expertly clean their glasses?
>>
>>66928221

Nothing wrong with it.

Its actually pretty recession/future proof. Also you can get some serious pussy too.
>>
as long as there's alcohol, there will always be money in it
>>
>>66928221
what the fuck do your provide to society
>>
>>66928221
Do you intend to own your own tavern one day? Or at least go partner in a bar?
>>
>>66928221
they really shouldn't call this degeneracy "mixology"
>>
>>66929431

drinks.

OP you can make a good living but you're doomed to a life of nightshifts which is brutal after awhile, and you're also surrounded by degeneracy and substance abuse. It will be very difficult to lead a normal life and have a family if that's something you're concerned about.
>>
>>66929431
a service for people to unwind and numb themselves from the monotony and emptiness of their daily lives.
>>
File: sandeep.jpg (6 KB, 287x303) Image search: [Google]
sandeep.jpg
6 KB, 287x303
from a realistic point of view, not a bad career for you, OP.

from an idealistic point of view, alcohol and all drugs are degenerate.
>>
ya there's the issue of opportunity cost. You're trading some money and fun now, for a high paying career and rewarding life later. You'll be judging normies who make less than you for 3-4 years until all those people start balling on you and your girl leaves you for some rich dude, she'll be okay with the having threesomes with the rich dude, something you never got with her,,,
>>
>>66929764
so you serve people who do the actual work and keep society running?
sounds cuck tier
>>
>>66929133
Well I'd be able to work in any city I please when I'm good enough. Just because that is what pays the bills and supplies me my fun bucks does not mean that it would be my only skill.

>>66929184
That's how I see it

>>66929343
Amen

>>66929431
Cold drinks and a relaxing atmosphere among friends

>>66929558
I absolutely do intend to own my own bar one day.
>>
Mixing spirits is a hobby not a job. Anyone who goes to a bar and pays for slow service in a dangerous environment these days is a mug.

But how to meet new sexy people without the danger of drunk behaviour and depletion of funds? That is the real question dear Anon.
>>
>>66930044
Is this what happened ?
>>
>>66928221

Nothing wrong with being a bartender, he's like the second coolest guy second to the pizza dude.

One thing I ask though, if you are going to a bartender, be good at it for fucks sake. Know how to read people and chat them up.
>>
Worked as a bartender through college. Made absurd money that I never reported. Saw some great bands and some good fights. Shit was alright.
>>
>>66928221
it is a job right?
Good
>>
>>66930251
online dating

pretty much everyone uses it already.

Half of nightclubs in the UK have shut down in the last 10 years because young people don't go to them to get laid anymore they just hop on tinder.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/11794636/Half-of-UK-nightclubs-close-in-ten-years-as-Brits-abandon-rave-culture.html

So yeah, becoming a bartender now would be like opening a cable news network.
>>
>>66930444
I think this is trips of truth
>>
>>66930253
Ya, dude was real cool about it tho, and me and her aren't together any more. got some bigger tits and ass in my life now.
>>
>>66930251

Gym, Grocery Store, Dog park, DMV, restaurant, beach, gas station, mall...you know outside...
>>
>>66929696

This
>>
Do what you love op as long as it pays the bills who gives a fuck
>>
I've been a bartender for around 3 years. Finishing my bachelor's next month and moving on from it.

It's a great job but I want more from life. If you don't, it's hard to beat. Very little formal skill and training necessary but you can easily clear $25-50/hr or more if you're at a good spot. Many shifts don't even feel like work. Hang out with people and make drinks for a few hours and walk out with $200.

It's not for everyone. Making drinks isn't the problem so don't waste your time with bartending school--the problem is putting on a show every day and being able to come off as relaxed and fun when you're under what some people consider extreme pressure. When you're at your busiest, there are 20-30 people watching your every move. Not everyone can handle this. Additionally, you have to be able to get along with every type of person. If there are 30 people who don't know each other at a bar, would you expect them all to get along if they met? Of course not. But you're expected to get along with every one of them. Again, not for everyone, but if you can do it I highly recommend it.
>>
As long as it pays the bills anon, although it's probably not all that conducive to a family life.
>>
Talk to drunk and retarded degenerates every single night.

I guess there's nothing wrong with it if you like that sort of stuff but no, just no. No matter how much pussy I'd get I'd never do it.

And don't forget the loud shitty music and the screaming and all the stupid girls and faggots who flirts with you. Just no.
>>
>>66928221
I was an accountant out of university and hated it. hated being in an office. Started bartending 12 years ago and love it. Never can go back to a office/computer job.
>>
>>66928419
Shillary
>>
>>66928221
Best country to do it, if you enjoy it? He'll yeah
>>
>>66928221
>mixologist
Call it what you want, you're still pouring pints for piss heads
>>
Was a bartender for 2 years. Fucking do it you pussy. Mixology/bartending is kone of the funnest professions you can get yourself into. I work on motorcycles now, but when I was bartending I made lifelong ties with people who I will never forget, as well as being invitied to some of the sickest and most debauched parties I've ever been to.
>>
>>66928221
Only if you refer to it as 'mixologist' because that sounds cringy as fuck.
>>
>>66933118
Yep, been there done that. And intact stood on the wrong side of a Wetherspoons bar many a Friday night.

You deal with piss heads and degenerates everyday on good days you serve parties -Hen & Stag do's etc but ultimately you are the gatekeeper for lesser being's journey towards self destruction.

Your first drunk dispute come bar fight will make you ask yourself serious questions. IMO it's a dying business model anyway.
>>
>>66933688
>dying business model

Scotland, yea? Always gonna be pissheads and pubs, man.
>>
>>66933253

Op here.

The only reason I'm considering it because a very good friend of mine invited me to work on 6th street In Austin Texas.

I've never been but I hear it is the party capital of the south if not the entire USA.
>>
>>66928221
Being a bartender is not really a career. It's a job.
>>
>>66928221
>Is there anything wrong with being a career bartender/mixologist?

Not really, you just gotta move to Las Vegas to make $60k / year
>>
>>66928221

Calling someone who puts liquids together in a glass a "mixologist" may be even more pathetic than calling a coffee shop worker a "barista."
>>
>>66928221
I like my bartender friend
he tells me what to put in certain drinks to make people unconscious
>>
>>66928221
>mixologist

One hell of a euphemism there faggot.
>>
>>66935223
fuck the service industry in general (former chef for the denver bronco's here) but that is a hell of an opportunity. my suggestion is to do it, but plan on leaving after 12 months, on your own terms.

a place like that could be an amazing reference but it could also suck you in and fuck your life up.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.