[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
just bought this in an American bookstore since the Italian version
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: AtlasShrugged.jpg (79 KB, 280x367) Image search: [Google]
AtlasShrugged.jpg
79 KB, 280x367
just bought this in an American bookstore since the Italian version is quite hard to find. Is it worth it? Is it written in a complicated English? Some people say that this book changed their life others that it's pure crap written by an insane Jew whore
>>
File: XXrCbve.png (430 KB, 466x698) Image search: [Google]
XXrCbve.png
430 KB, 466x698
>>66893947
>Is it worth it?

every cent

>Is it written in a complicated English

You literally have the internet to translate any word you don't know.

>pure crap written by an insane Jew whore

Only parasites say this.
>>
How about you read the book first cuntface?

Also, Ayn famously hated gays and feminists, she should appeal to you Italy
>>
>>66894049
guess it will take months to read it but I'm quite curious. Libertarians treat this book as their bible yet Ayn Rand despised them and called them "right wing hippies"
>>
File: 1439050925998.jpg (42 KB, 640x705) Image search: [Google]
1439050925998.jpg
42 KB, 640x705
>>66893947
The foundation of ideas that Rand expounds on can be a nice read. The initial story and setting aren't all that bad either. But the book can be rather long winded, and the romantic dialogue and scenes can get to be a little too much. Dagny seems to love the cock of only powerful men.

All and all, I'd read it. It's not the Greatest Books of all time like >>66894049 alluded to. But it's still a good read.
>>
>>66894049
>>
File: 9780451191137.jpg (155 KB, 1261x2064) Image search: [Google]
9780451191137.jpg
155 KB, 1261x2064
>>66894287
read this, it's like 100 pages
>>
Read. The classics read wealth of nations read Aristotle then read rand and you'll get more out of it. She is not very good imo
>>
There is too much good literature and too little time on earth to read Rand.
>>
It's shit written by an insane jew in order to slander capitalism as "antisocial"

Even Murray Rothbard of all people knew she was batshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIk5C2qsRH8
>>
>>66894287
Rand's books are interesting and thought provoking, that doesn't mean you have to go full objectivism. BTW, i thought the fountainhead was much better. It's not as long winded and Atlas Shrugged seemed a little... unbelievable i guess is the word.
>>
>>66894828
Wut? I think you missed the point man.
>>
>>66894677
With the way you just typed everything out, I'm shocked that you even read at all, Anon.
>>
It honestly reads as a parody of what the typical libertarian actually believes in.

I cannot believe people take it seriously.
>>
>>66893947
No, but nice to fill your book case with. You might impress your visitors.
>>
>>66893947
Bits of pieces of it are great, but most of it is terrible. Reading through it is true suffering because it's not shitty enough to drop and not nearly good enough to be a pleasant read.
>>
>>66893947
>it's pure crap written by an insane Jew whore

If it weren't, it wouldn't appeal to conservatives :^)
>>
>>66893947
atlas shrugged will not change your life.

if you always thought that way, it is a very refreshing affirmation.

but it will not change you. and alot of it is hard to even read. i have read it 3 times and i don't know if i have ever read the 50 page monologue at the end in its entirety.

if you believe in yourself and your own wits, then atlas shrugged is a good book. in a world where we are told day in and day out that innovators do not matter and that the collective good is necessary, it is a refreshing narrative that we can actually make a difference in the world.

but if you don't already understand what it means you will probably just think it is propaganda.
>>
We tried to be funny once, but then you guys bombed Dresden in response :^)
>>
>>66896704
I agree with this, but I didn't give her the benefit of the doubt.
>>
>>66893947

it's complete garbage. here's a quote that sums it up neatly:

>There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.
>>
>>66895274
Well I do, I'm not one to take composing reply's for 4chan seriously. Although it is a bad habit.
>>
>>66893947
The Fountainhead says exactly the same thing in half the words, with a much better story, I think.

The end sequence to Shrugged is like the climax of an 80's action movie.
>>
>>66897617
kek
>>
>>66896937
I used to chuckle at The Daily Show in the 00's and considered myself informed. The Fountainhead and Anthem were crucial in redpilling me.
>>
>>66893947
My opinion is that it presents a pretty compelling vision of a world where everything is falling to shit because of left wing politicians, but little else.
>>
>>66893947

It's materialistic soulless crap written by a Jew whore. Why don't you pick Revolt Against the Modern World instead? That you can read in Italian.
>>
>>66897797
the fountainhead is acually a FAR better story, but it does lose some of the ideas of objectivism. in my opinion fountainhead is her best novel.

but if you are new to her books you should start with WE THE LIVING.

there are actually countless references to we the living even in liberal media. the best '30 rock' episode is a reference to we the living.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.