[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were Italians at the time of the U.S. diaspora considered non-white/nigger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_nqvrod1xFd1rasnq9o1_1280.png (133 KB, 1280x561) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqvrod1xFd1rasnq9o1_1280.png
133 KB, 1280x561
Were Italians at the time of the U.S. diaspora considered non-white/nigger tier? Did they actually bring something good to the American society? Are nowadays considered white therefore privileged shitlord?
>>
>>66892055
Italians, northern are much like the French, but catholic, and therefore resented for that among a larger population of protestants. As for Southern Italians, some are practically an Arab hybrid like the jews, albeit still Catholic, so no, I would say they are not treated well in the U.S., historically or now.
>>
>>66892588
thank you. I'm just asking because last day I heard some speech of Shapiro saying that once minorities earn their place in society in become succesful they suddenly earn the white privilege badge.
>>
>>66893709
anyone who believes that is an idiot
I live in the south (most southerners are anglo-saxon in heritage, including myself) and if you ask someone if italians are white they'll laugh and say no. everyone still hates catholics down here too
>>
>>66892055
It was all fine. My great grandparents came here in 1899 and moved to the south. Some Italians were lynched for being in organized crime, but most Italian people that moved to the south got along well. Especially during WW1 when thousands of people from Italy served in the US army.
>>
>>66892055
what is this map tho
>>
>>66893857
I think he's referring to Northern and Southern Italians not Italians in Northern and Southern America
>>
>>66893913
Italian Diaspora in the world at the beginning of the 20th century
>>
>>66892055
My parents are from Lombardy, and am for all intends and purposes considered white.

The distinction is probably there though for Sicilians and the like.
>>
>>66892055
Yes they were. The population hated them, their little Italian enclaves where the parents never learned English, and the mob they brought along with them. They eventually integrated, somewhat, but still consider themselves Italian.
>>
>>66893709
He's right. Society hated slavs, Italians, and the Irish for a really really long time. My Irish great-granny remembered seeing signs that said "No Dogs and No Irish" all the time. The white identity has only really existed very, very recently and even then not really. I want to avoid slavs and Russians at all costs. Anyone that thinks white privilege is a thing is historically illiterate.
>>
gott strafe italien
>>
>>66894317
>the mob they brought along with them
the golden age of Italian Mafia in the Usa ended thanks to the abolishing of alcohol prohibition
>>
>>66894669
>Argentina
jodete, probablemente tienes sangre italiana.
>>
>>66892055
Italians were useful hard working people. Italians in the early 20th century US immigration were 1 of 3 things. Chefs, stonemasons or gangsters.
>>
>>66894726
This is objectively false, and it came to Canada as well and it's still alive and kicking yet more low profile. For example, a year ago a restaraunt blew up and had connections to the Italian mob so there you go. I've got nothing against Italians personally, but I like to avoid the ones that buy up mansions with their "business money."
>>
File: my_photo-2.jpg (149 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
my_photo-2.jpg
149 KB, 1280x720
>>66894777
just enough to get this thing, which I'll use to come enrich some pasta grills soon
SOON
>>
>>66892588
>Arab hybrid

Honestly I never understood this, outside of Sicily no one of the other regions was under the arabs
>>
>>66895103
Yeah, I heard that especially Quebec is affected. Btw i'm guessing that there are other criminal organizations way more powerful nowdays:
>>
>>66895499
oh come on! Go visit any terronian region and see why we hate them so much.
>>
I have Italian ancestry but I hate when Americans call themselves "Italian". If you were born in the US you're American. Even if all of your ancestry is Italian.
>>
>>66895554
Not really, but I hear the Sikhs out west are pretty bad with organized crime.
>>
File: snowmanfunerallol.jpg (31 KB, 398x283) Image search: [Google]
snowmanfunerallol.jpg
31 KB, 398x283
>>66895277
>>
They are basically Muslims of last generation

>Amazing food
>Taking over territory
>Refuses to integrate
>>
>>66895931
you don't have Italians in Finland
>>
>>66895629
But I am from the South and honestly I don't get all the hate.
I also lived in the North for a couple of years and didn't notice any serious difference in lifestyles.
>>
>>66895996
A few and they own restaurants.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.