[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix the problematic nature of national parks being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (161 KB, 747x826) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161 KB, 747x826
How do we fix the problematic nature of national parks being too white?

http://www.npr.org/2016/03/09/463851006/dont-care-about-national-parks-the-park-service-needs-you-to?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20160309
>>
I was listening to this story on the way to work yesterday. If it wasn't npr I would have thought it was a satire piece.
>>
>. A lot of what the national parks promote is the solitude and quiet of a John Muir photo. "Go out on your own, enjoy nature, don't harm it," Perales says. That messaging of "rugged individualism" doesn't necessarily work with Latinos, Perales says. "It's like no, I'm going to bring my whole family, we're going to be loud, we're going to explore," he says. "That's not what's promoted at this point. It has to be a compromise."

why does america tolerate this?
>>
Niggers are afraid of nature. This is a known fact.
>>
>>66887942
Why can one man speak for an entire race?
>>
>>66887663
It's wholly a cultural thing, white people and even Mexicans like camping.

Its not cool for an African American to go camping.
>>
>>66887663
Isn't NPR publicly funded? How can they be so anti white?
>>
>>66887663
Add fried chicken and tamales vendors. Or plow them into watermelon fields.
>>
Make niggers live in parks.
>>
>>66887663
Why do you think we love going to them so much?
>>
>>66887663
Set minorities free in their new habitat.
>>
this shit is absurd, liberal racism is really gaining some steam, it's going to be a scary future for america
>>
>>66888439
It's cause the black guy always dies first in the woods.
>>
>>66887942
So what, we're supposed to tolerate a bunch of spics going to Yellowstone, blaring Mariachi, getting drunk, leaving trash everywhere, and throwing rocks at the buffalo in the name of diversity?
>>
>>66888448
They get some public funds, but also a shit ton of funds from listeners. The only people that listen are white-guilt libs, so of course NPR is going to cater to them. The government funding essentially just goes to help NPR stay on the radio and TV while listener contributions pay for most of the programming and content.
>>
>>66887663
And? Does it REALLY matter what demographics enjoy national parks?
>>
>>66888712
Top kek mate
>>
File: image.gif (978 KB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
978 KB, 350x197
>>66889147
It REALLY doesn't
>>
>>66887663
National parks are a white people thing
>>
>>66887663
Holy fucking shit, what's next
>>
>>66887942
We don't. Latinos are fucking NOTORIOUS for bringing glass bottles into these parks, and either leaving them wherever they fucking feel like or smashing them.

Black people I don't really worry about, because 95% of them are afraid of the woods and don't even visit.
>>
I was the only white person there when I visited the Grand Canyon. There were Asians swarming the place by the literal busload.
>>
>>66888558
under rated.
The woods is a nig-free zone. That's half of the appeal.
>>
>>66889523

>"I will go to the wilderness by myself with no means of communication and will not tell ANYONE ABOUT IT"
>White people

http://dcxposed.com/2014/04/27/secret-vanishings-americas-national-parks/
>>
The parks that I visit in Oregon are mostly white...I am willing to bet that even the most liberal Oregonian cringes at the thought of the parks being overrun with dindus
>>
>>66887663
No. No. Fuck you. We don't need niggers shitting up our national parks. Keep them in the containment zones. I mean cities.
>>
>>66887663

Why is everything a problem what the fuck

>IT'S 2016 COMEON
>>
>>66887663
I thought the whole point of camping was to get away from niggers for the weekend.
>>
Only the curious and intelligent races do that. Subhumans flock to big cities and get domesticated.
>>
Oh my god shut the fuck up. Jesus Christ who gives a shit. I'm sick of these mother fuckers.
>>
>>66888948
I hear niggas say shit like this all the time irl. And they deny they were raised by tv
>>
>>66887663

>The National Park Service overall has a diversity problem. There were a record 307.2 million visits to U.S. national parks in 2015, and it's fair to say that the majority of those visitors were white. The National Park Service doesn't track the demographics of its visitors, but...

OH NO THE NATIONAL PARK SERVICE ISN'T RACIST!?!?!?

What the fuck
>>
>>66889969

Yea this is really true.

Every time I go to the park near my house the spics are literally dancing in high heels like it's fucking a night club
>>
>>66887663
Bernie said the whites should pay the minority their trip and give their womens to rape if you dont youre RACIST!
>>
>>66887942

Oh it wasn't good enough they destroy the homo sapien species with their diversity bullshit, now they're going after whole ecosystems.
>>
>>66890335
That, and expending massive amounts of ammo- have to stay brushed up for when the nogs get uppity.
>>
>>66889969
This

Fucking Lake Berryessa was ruined by them.
>>
>>66889978
Dude, same. So many fucking gooks there
>>
File: just dispel my shit up fam.jpg (267 KB, 1024x1007) Image search: [Google]
just dispel my shit up fam.jpg
267 KB, 1024x1007
Horseshit, I went to Yosemite last november and at least half the visitors I saw were foreign.
>>
I think it has more to do with white soccer moms being more inclined to try to hit up every possible tourist trap

National parks are pretty garbage. Every "trail" is essentially a flat road and is loaded with people going up and down at any time. There's no individualism because you'll see 100 people on your "nature walk"
>>
If this was a sane country, the only political discourse between latinos and whites would consist solely of latinos thanking whites for not covering the border with landmines.
>>
>>66890728

"foreign" people don't increase diversity, shitlord! Just because they're from half-the-world away, have a completely different culture and language, doesn't mean it increases multiculturalism. They have to be black and muslim. i mean, come ON, it's the CURRENT YEAR
>>
Maybe I am far from your Western realities, but I honestly can't understand what is the problem. Somebody prevent people to enter parks according to their race? Are there any "white-only" parks?
>>
>>66889978
To the Chinese the Grand Canyon must look like an empty garbage dump.
>>
>>66890736
only if you're stupid enough to follow the herd. Yosemite is a big place. Going up Half Dome is like going to fucking Disneyland, but if you go to Hetch Hetchy or anywhere but the valley you can find solitude.
>>
File: immigrants.gif (2 MB, 384x216) Image search: [Google]
immigrants.gif
2 MB, 384x216
But seriously, the reason they're doing this is because National and State parks are publicly funding. Since the white man is going extinct, and the white man is the main demographic going camping, these parks will lose funding as more minorities flood the country and take over. So they're trying to appeal to these demographics to maintain funding.

The ironic part being either a) the minorities won't give a shit because nigs are scared of satanic witch cults in the woods, and mexicans spend all day outside sweating so they'd rather relax indoors with a ps3. OR more minorities will go to the parks and make them shittier.

LOSE/LOSE
>>
>>66887663
The "problematic nature" is that minorities don't give a shit about our national parks.

The real question is, how can we force them to care, /pol/?
>>
>>66891117
minorities are poor fags or simply don't care about nature.
>>
>>66891117
no.

The truth is that if anything in America is white-dominated for any reason (even pants-shittingly retarded things like "too many whites go to national parks") then faggot progressives will cry and whine about exclusion of minorities.

See: computer science/STEM (even though it's full of pooinloos and chinks), video games (gamergate), etc.

It started as just liberal bitching but they're affecting policy now and it's getting really annoying.

I expect national parks to have "diversity displays" trying to pander to niggers and beans somehow.
>>
>>66889969
>Black people I don't really worry about, because 95% of them are afraid of the woods and don't even visit.

Kek, true.

I spend lots of time in the Blue Ridge mountains and only ever see white folk, no Mexicans.
>>
>>66889482
Is that a Buddha eating a burrito?
>>66887663
Shit is getting satirical at this point.
>>
>>66891287

>minority discounts
>public transportation to/from all parks
>more concession stands in parks with liquor and tobacco products
>night clubs
>1 staff member for every public member literally telling them how to enjoy nature or trying to force them to be interested in IDing different Oak species
>
>>
>>66891117
no, they are just upset that most of their visitors are not not non-whites.
>>
>>66887663
Some people actually think like this. It's a fucking mad world.
>>
>>66887942
>we're going to be loud, we're going to explore,"

Mexicans never explore, partly because half of the family is obese. They'll sit under a pavilion, bbq, and the men sometimes fish. I never see a Mexican hiking a trail or on a bike path.
Why can't liberals just grasp that these minorities don't care. They're barking up the wrong tree, Jaykwon isn't interested in hiking. Juan isn't going to buy a 1,000 dollar bike for trails. Shaniqua isn't interested in birdwatching.
>>
>>66891117
Discrimination in 2016 = Under representation of minorities in things that they could very well be proportionately represented in if they cared about them, but they don't care about them - and that's problematic.
>>
>>66887663
You'd think that niggers would like nature. I thought that it would remind them of swinging from branch to branch and whatever.
>>
>>66892035

they haven't lived in the civilized world long enough to get sick of it yet. They;ve still got memories of running away from a charging buffalo and trying to find clean water to drink during the dry season.
>>
>>66889978
The same thing happens at Crater Lake, but the weird thing is that the Chinese don't explore past the tourist zone. You aren't going to see them hiking around or anything like that. Japanese just randomly wander around wherever. I dunno about other asians.

Latinos seem to just want to party up and trash campsites.

Nogs just wanna play BF4 and go to the club and hoop and shit.

>>66891282
this p much

>>66891434
It's a crepe. It has avocados in it. Buddha didn't like that much.
>>
>A lot of what the national parks promote is the solitude and quiet of a John Muir photo. "Go out on your own, enjoy nature, don't harm it," Perales says. That messaging of "rugged individualism" doesn't necessarily work with Latinos, Perales says. "It's like no, I'm going to bring my whole family, we're going to be loud, we're going to explore," he says. "That's not what's promoted at this point. It has to be a compromise."

Fucking whitey telling Latinos they can't harm nature in our national parks.
>>
So it'll end up like Mizzou?
>promote it to minorities
>parks turn to shit
>white people avoid them completely
>parks no longer maintained
>>
>tulsa
>park and water reservoir north of town
>try to go hang out by the water, read a book or something
>blacks and mexicans fishing everywhere, staring at my wife
>decide to go hike
>two minutes in, hear something in the distance
>mariachi music played from shitty car stereos
>emerge from woods to find about forty mexicans grilling with two different cars blasting different mariachi stations
>go to zoo connected to the park and pay $10 to get in
>thank god, nothing but white people
>>
>>66887663

1/5 instead of 2/5 - would that 1/5 be from middle class backgrounds who give a shit about walking in nature?
>>
File: fuckthisgayearth.gif (2 MB, 497x268) Image search: [Google]
fuckthisgayearth.gif
2 MB, 497x268
>>66887663
no fuck you
leave my yellowstone alone shitskins
>>
>>66889978
I live in Buffalo, we're like 15 min from Niagara falls, its all Asians there on both the American and Canadian side (Also Poo in the Loo-ers)
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.