[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, I live in Tennessee and am gonna go to one of the Technical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: electricain.jpg (232 KB, 500x458) Image search: [Google]
electricain.jpg
232 KB, 500x458
Hey guys, I live in Tennessee and am gonna go to one of the Technical College of Applied Technology's near me to sign up for a trade to start in the fall. It is between 2 or 3 things I think. I was thinking about either Welding, Electrician, Hvac, or Automotive Technology. As of right now I have really no skills in either of them, but I like the thought of being an electrician because I think the wiring could be really fun and I do want to make good money and have a secure job. What does /pol/ think would be best for me? Thanks so much!
>>
I also live in TN and plan on getting into welding.
>>
>>66885479
Any of those professions would be great op. Best of luck
>>
electrical work is fun, i too like wiring. do that over the other ones you listed.
>>
>>66885766
to add to this, hvac is pretty similar, but you are limited to heaters and air conditioners basically. you are less likely to get burnt out as an electrician.
>>
>>66885479

Welding is fun, but the majority of it is being automated. Mobile welders for repair and fabrication should do well. Also, specializing in extreme welding will give you an edge. Such like underwater welders, or the guy they'd call to hang off a skyscraper frame.
>>
>>66885766
>>66885841
Problem is, i cant find a school that will teach that. I guess there is one an hour away but thats kinda shitty to drive to. I live in the subburbs of nashville
>>
PA fag here, welders and electricians are in high demand for the shale oil drilling. Great way to make a boat load of money. Being a mechanic is good too but you start to cap out around 50k here.
>>
>>66886076
Mechanic for cars? Yeah that would be cool too except its a 2 year program, the ones i listed are 12-16 months
>>
File: Untitled.png (11 KB, 509x459) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
11 KB, 509x459
>tfw electrician in atlantic canada
>>
>>66886067
well why the fuck did you even ask about it then?
>>
Look how happy the guy is in your picture OP, it's a no brainier.
>>
>>66886240
Because i want to do it
>>
>>66886076
Electricians and welders are in demand everywhere. Hell a lot of electricians I know cant find apprentices.

But every high school dropout and their dads is a mechanic. If you wanted to be a mechanic specialize in electric vehicles.
>>
>>66885479
Electrician here. If you do it, don't think it's just wire. There is a shit ton of heavy lifting, piping, digging, etc. If you are fat, lose weight. Ladders crush people who have no cardio. Be prepared to be the most prepared because our shit is typically the most flexible to install so you have to work around everyone else. other trades don't care if they fuck you.
>>
>>66886629

>heavy lifting
>electrician

kek. You niggers literally just bend conduit pipe all day.
>>
>>66886926
>>hue hue 4 inch rigid weighs nothing. Hurry up kid get it off the truck and up the stairs!
Wait, you are probably some residential ass who watches kids bend 1/2 inch. Pro tip, hospital generators don't use small pipe.
Motors are pretty light too.
>>
>>66887242

Nah, commercial steamfitter who always gets stuck working mechanical rooms
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.