[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpilled Liberals?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: wallpaper-1659386.jpg (317 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper-1659386.jpg
317 KB, 1920x1200
Anyone else here a redpilled liberal? I hold liberal values but I'm hesitant to even refer to myself as a liberal due to the cancer that is the "regressive left"

I think preserving our culture is important and that religion like Islam is a problem and that we should not bend to immigrants whims. But I also don't care if they wanna come here and assimilate, and keep their religion to themselves

I also hate all this SJW bullshit that's come up in recent years. They're creating problems where there aren't any at this point and it's infuriating.

pic semi-related
>>
All 4 of these people are

>Anti-Nazi
>Anti-Racism
>Anti-Fascist
>Anti-Statist
>Pro-human rights for all

They disagree with you on everything besides Islam being progressive.
>>
Atheism is the religion of the regressive left and science is it's scripture

Do you really think the average person today has a better grasp on scientific principles than his ancestors had a grasp on religious doctrine?

Atheism will never be separate from Marxism, SJWs and the regressive left because it is what Marxism SJWs and the regressive left are built on
>>
File: 1391917127941.gif (2 MB, 450x254) Image search: [Google]
1391917127941.gif
2 MB, 450x254
>>66868871

>scholar
uhh
>rebel
>supporting the war on saddam for the neocon agenda

yeah, nah
>>
>>66868871
I'm incapable of seeing anything with Sam Harris on it and not shitting on it. Fuck Sam Harris.
>>
>>66868871
cool story bro
>>
>>66869050
I agree with them on most of those things.
>>
>>66869117

>science

there's nothing scientific about atheism

you can be irreligious and not believe in any particular doctrine

that's not an "ism", "atheism", "humanism" is always about some shitty agenda
>>
>Redpilled Liberals
oxymoron

Anyway, why do nu-atheists worship and almost deify the people in that pic?

Why do they worship the concept of "science"? That's like worshiping history or mathematics.
>>
>>66868871
No vote Harper not WEEDMAN.
>>
>>66869284
I didn't mean science, I meant "science"

As in, "Jon Oliver said that scientists have decided X and if you don't believe that then you're an idiot for going against science "
>>
>>66869284
Atheism isn't a doctrine, it's the lack of belief in God and nothing else

>>66869329
Maybe it's just human nature. Personally I don't worship them, I just find myself agreeing with them a lot of the time.
>>
>>66868871
>I hold liberal values
>Censorship of ideas not deemed politically correct. E.g., Liberal students protest or disrupt conservative guest speakers on college campuses.
>Feelings have rights.
>Opposition to the free market, instead favoring heavy regulation.
>A desire for equal outcomes as opposed to equal opportunity.
>Excessive emphasis on awards and titles, especially those awarded by liberal institutions.
>A willingness to excuse any aggressive and irreverent behavior in other countries, while harshly criticizing their own.

kys
>>
>>66869329

It's because worshiping "science" fills the same void as worshiping any of the religions. The difference being that worshiping "science" makes you accepted by the "cool, modern and progressive" crew with the added bonus of false sense of intellect, unlike those god worshiping regressive twats.

Different sides of the same coin.
>>
>>66869284
>you can be irreligious and not believe in any particular doctrine
Uhh, that's the definition of atheist?
>>
>>66869389
Well , if you think the Earth is flat you are an idiot. Denying reality is different from believing in a god.
>>
>>66868871
This is what we now call classical liberalism, the modern left are authoritarian egalitarians.
As an actual liberal I support Trump in the hope that he will destroy PC and safe-space culture, not just in America but across the west.
>>
I hold certain liberal values, but in the grand scheme of things I dont really care about my pro-abortion stance. I am right wing about all the things that matter.
>>
File: 1358709223235.png (489 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1358709223235.png
489 KB, 800x800
>>66868871
Left to right

>father of memes, also agnostic
>guy who believes in xenoglossy and reincarnation, also secular buddhist
>old guy with a beard, also not a scientist
>dead alcoholic
>>
>>66870252

>ad hominem
>ad hominem
>ad hominem
>ad hominem

Nice try Reza.
>>
>>66868871
I respect you but Dawkins is a bit of a faggot.
Religion is not the antithesis of science. You can have religion and love science.
Religion at its worst is like Islam - violently opposed to criticism and understanding and knowledge.
But at best, religion is a moral code backed by good traditions, good will, and a desire to understand the universe. The search for God and the search for the true nature of the universe are not mutually exclusive; they don't have to be. If this was the case then the greatest achievements in human rights, western thought, and scientific/technological advancement would not have come from predominantly Christian nations.
I respect atheism. I mean it. But religious people have proven that they are more than capable of providing scientific and technological advancement, regardless of their faith. There are countless perfect examples throughout history of religious people who have made great scientific advances.
Even Charles Darwin found religion on his deathbed. And maybe that's all religion is; maybe it is just a fairy tale that allows us to accept our inevitable deaths.
But that does not mean that religion is intrinsically bad. For some, it's nothing more than what it was to Darwin. A simplified way of comforting ourselves and believing that we will continue to live on after death.
For others it means something more. Regardless of where you stand, religion does not intrinsically hold mankind back, and for many people, religion and its traditions inspire them to be better human beings.
>>
>>66870402
Don't worry i'm atheist myself
>>
>>66868871
>Repilled
>liberal
Pick one.

>Anynone else liberal?
Never...not even once.
>>
>>66869050
Every SJW fI know hates these guys, it must mean they are making something right.
>>
File: KFCatthePyramids.jpg (912 KB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
KFCatthePyramids.jpg
912 KB, 3264x1840
>>66868871
r/atheism, is that you?
>>
To be honest, Dawkins is the only I see going nuts about all that hysteria in the american Campi, you gotta give him that.
>>
>>66868871
I'm with you , lefty /pol/.
I like the genuine free speech aspect of 4chan and prefer the company of the most ardent racist to that of sjw/pc/feminists I find elsewhere like daily kos, reddit, twitter....
>>
>>66869433
>atheism isnt a doctrine
>atheism isnt a releejoon

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/God-Building
>>
>>66869222
Seeing ones intellectual superior often causes such felling of inadequacy.
Learn to ignore your feels.
>>
I am a redpilled liberal. I dont want blacks, immigrants and muslims, but I have no problem with LGBTs and I am generally libertarian in other social areas.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.