[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need an example of something "problematic" for an essay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: FuckMeImDesperate.jpg (42 KB, 600x423) Image search: [Google]
FuckMeImDesperate.jpg
42 KB, 600x423
I need to write an essay for one of my compulsory units at university about problematic media representations of people from different cultures and shit like that. I'm having a bit of trouble picking something that's problematic because I don't spend every waking hour soaking in confected outrage.

Would anyone be able to find me something that the professionally outraged would find problematic? Then I just need to bullshit about how problematic it is, finish the unit, and never speak of this again.
>>
"I wish the holocaust actually happened"
>>
File: image.jpg (204 KB, 708x738) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
204 KB, 708x738
>>66857735
This desu
>>
>>66857735
Don't know whether that would qualify. Thinking the holocaust didn't happen might not be as bad as being a "cis white male" in a university context.
>>
>>66857735
This.
>>
>>66857832
Or write about Germany suppressing migrant crimes. My personal favorite is the Kike media in the USA
>>
Do it for asians portayed as smart.

Say its a racial stereotype and reinforces the strict nature of asian parenting
>>
>>66857697
> I'm too stupid to think of anything on my own so I have to ask daddy pol
I'd consider that pretty problematic.
>>
File: 1425594473363.jpg (63 KB, 549x381) Image search: [Google]
1425594473363.jpg
63 KB, 549x381
Pretend to be a jew and talk about how problematic it is to compare Trump to Hitler
>>
>>66857697
I really think that you should take the opportunity to bring up "race baiting"

American and Canadian media always likes to stir shit up and bring up how offended "these people are, and if you are a part of them you should too!" Also you could talk about how media is enforcing right mindset for people of minority status, instead of becoming successful they are told to just make those who are successful suffer for their benefit.
>>
>>66857939
I can't imagine any form of criticism over Germany's migrant policies would be tolerated by my tutor.
>>
File: Cat kissu.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Cat kissu.webm
3 MB, 960x540
Take this my friend.
>>
File: clem.png (83 KB, 184x195) Image search: [Google]
clem.png
83 KB, 184x195
>>66857697
A lesbian a tranny and an SJW are in an elevator and all of them get off at their desired floors and continue on with their days
>>
>>66857697

> I'm having a bit of trouble picking something that's problematic because I don't spend every waking hour soaking in confected outrage.

Implying /pol/ isn't the funny, reactionary version of Tumblr.

A good one that's a little unconventional to the SJW's would be the portrayal of rural whites in the American South as inbred/fundamentalist/unintelligent/malevolent/backwards in a movie like Deliverance.
>>
>>66858056
That would be interesting. That kind of stuff gets brought up in Australia all the time with Aboriginal affairs, so that may be something I can look into.
>>
>>66858151
The problem with that is that, in the eyes of the sorts of people who usually run these kinds of units at universities, any negative representation wouldn't we "problematic" because they have "white privilege" and shit. Still, I'll do some reading in that area and see what I find. Do any examples stick out for you?
>>
>>66858151
Besides, if I went on Tumblr and said "I just want to bullshit my way through a unit about cultural sensitivity, tell me something you find problematic, you giant fucking pussies," I'd probably get lynched.
>>
>>66857697
If you can't put aside your shitty attitude long enough to write a paper for an easy class you should just drop out now. Life is never going to get easier than this second and the amount of "hey I'm soooo much smarter than my classmates" oozing off of you will make you unlikeable, unhirable, and naive.

Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>66857697
Welcome to La Trobe.

>Muhammad
His portrayal is controversial because of the shitskins' creed he shall not be represented. There is an entire Islamic movie filmed... in first person... in order to satisfy the rule.

Moreover, think of comic strips on Muhammad and how easily they gather blame and terrorist attacks.
>>
>>66857998
Every single tutor and lecturer I've had so far has jumped on the "let's make jokes about Trump because it's hilarious and original" bandwagon.
>>
Any Rucka Ali song/video on youtube.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BoCjK7T4qds
>>
>>66857697
A problematic situation:
The existence of people who have to ask the Internet to tell them how to write their essay is tolerated

Why is this problematic? Well, trivially, because you can't 'figure shit out' you are simply put a dimwit.
On the other hand we can't put you down because that would be bad, wouldn't it, it would create even bigger controversies and people like you will unite and fight back.
And as we all know, there's a lot of you out there.

And not a lot of me.

He he.
>>
>>66858446
I would do that 100%. Did Nik make jokes about Trump?

I would joke not to make fun of Trump, but just to make people uncomfortable in their seats.

I would keep incepting the idea maybe he-s right.
>>
>>66857697
how about the canadian weed man?
>>
>>66858444
>Welcome to La Trobe.
You'll be pleased to know that these kinds of bs compulsory units happen outside of Victoria.
>>
>Would anyone be able to find me something that the professionally outraged would find problematic?

That time SJW's bullied a Steven Universe fanartist so badly that she attempted suicide.

Her crime? She drew characters too skinny.
>>
>>66858523
I'm not asking for someone to write my essay for me. What I asked for was an example of something that gets SJW-types riled up about cultural representation and shit. I'm just looking for a starting point.
>>
>>66858446
That's perfect then. Be sure to put a lot of "oy vey, remember the 9 gorillion, goy"s in there to guilt trip your tutors.
>>
>>66858561
Also consider that nowadays society is so fucked up we lecturers cannot sit down and just tell you stuff.

We have to conceive trans-disciplinary ways to make you engage with content of your own choice and use your skills.

So the topic doesn't matter. It is how well you approach it, methodologically speaking.

Give us a fucking break and just pick something and develop it to the best of your abilities.

In the very old times you would be administered things to learn by the book and be told: "this is truth". Would you rather have lived in such a world? It is not different from brainwashed Chinese education system.

At least these tasks allow you to be red pilled if you want to.
>>
>>66858805
No fuck you.

Ausfailia is not America. Here he doesn't have to hide his power level.

GUYS STOP WRITING WHAT YOU THINK IT PLEASES ME. TRY TO SURPRISE ME FOR FUCKS SAKE.
>>
>>66857697

The portrayal of the 'Dindu' by the Media in regard to BLM.

Basically just collate these 3 videos into an essay:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm_Vv3Q24uQ

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zADRMJWhyVE

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifH998pT7pU

They quote sources in their comments usually.

They can't fail you for writing something they disagree with if you can substantiate it with facts, and follow the correct formula. If they try to mark you down when you have presented facts and Government data and sources, you can complain. At an Australian Uni, they will not be hired for future semesters.

>I have worked at Unis and seen it happen.
>>
I have the PERFECT thing for you. Go look up the Triggering hashtag and get that shit on tap. Whining. Counter whining. Counter counter whining.
>>
>>66858299

You have to use their own logic and language against them. Figure out how SJW's and progressives think and then regurgitate it back at them. In their mind any criticism, joke-poking, or stereotyping of what they perceive to be a marginalized group is verboten. Your job is to convince them that they (poor Southern whites) belong to that category.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with the history of the South, but "rednecks" and "hillbillies" are and always have been fairly marginalized groups of people in a non-SJW way. In particular emphasize their lack of "power" in an electoral and social sense, as well as their poverty.

> Do any examples stick out for you?

I can't think of anything off the top of my head that's particularly egregious, but it's a pervasive enough stereotype that most Australians (and other non-Americans for that matter) are well aware of it.
>>
>>66858837
Okay, I think I'll just have to do this essay sincerely. I was getting the impression from my tutor that there was a "right" and "wrong" opinion to come to, but it would probably be best if I actually tried to do this properly.
>>
>>66857697
Say slavs are always brutes/vbad guys in movies.
That way you dont offend SJWs and dont excuse niger behaviour
>>
>>66857697
go to front of class
say this:
>my report is on deez nuts
then proceed to show them dem nuts
>>
>>66857697
The word problematic is problematic and people using this no meaning word are also pretty problematic. All in all even the education for teachers seems pretty problematic if they use the word problematic.
>>
>>66857697

spend half an hour on 4chan

95% of the shit that is posted now is someone raging about something that hurt their feelings
>>
File: 1457319438801.jpg (62 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1457319438801.jpg
62 KB, 600x600
>>66857697
>>
>>66857697
I think it is problematic that the term white privilege coincides with stage 3 genocide, dehumanization, hate propaganda used to vilify a victim group.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.