[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does everyone ride Reagan's dick when Roosevelt, Eisenhower,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: raygun.jpg (7 KB, 299x169) Image search: [Google]
raygun.jpg
7 KB, 299x169
Why does everyone ride Reagan's dick when Roosevelt, Eisenhower, and Nixon were the superior Republicans?
>>
>>66852178
>Roosevelt
>republican

Filthy commie who suppressed dissent and got literally everyone on government gibs.
>>
He was a celebrity who got 99.9% of the vote.
>>
>>66852392
/thread
>>
Reagan had the best banter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrRTau5jusU
>>
>>66852392
Teddy Roosevelt you buffoon
>>
>>66852867
Did I stutter, motherfucker?
>>
>>66852178
Because he was the last republican president to be over a 5/10, even if barely.
>>
Because he was a democrat that was acting as a republican so of course people try and push him as the best republican.
>>
>>66854635
fuck off you bootlicking faggot. Teddy might be the best president the U.S. ever had. Kill yourself.
>>
Eisenhower was the greatest POTUS of all time

I wish we became a state of the US in the 40s so we could have benefited from his greatness
>>
Reagan and Nixon are the reasons why are in the mess that we are currently in.
>>
File: roosevelthyphen.jpg (92 KB, 560x375) Image search: [Google]
roosevelthyphen.jpg
92 KB, 560x375
>>66854635
>teddy roosevelt
>commie
stay mad lolbertarian
>>
>>66854635
no, but you just retarded.
>>
File: coolidge.jpg (121 KB, 1024x1457) Image search: [Google]
coolidge.jpg
121 KB, 1024x1457
>>66852178
Everyone really knows Coolidge was the best Republican.
>>
>>66854635
Probably, most retarded people I've seen stutter.
>>
Because he ended the Cold War. Older Republicans will forever hail him because of that. If you weren't alive during that time, you'll never understand the context and mindset of the possibility of total nuclear armageddon. Millennials grew up after the Cold War was over and the ever-present nuclear threat simply didn't exist in people's minds, regardless of the possibility of it still existing.

That's why a lot of the stuff he signed is still seen as holy scripture that can't and shouldn't be overturned, like the full auto ban in FOPA. A bunch of fudd faggots.
>>
Reagan and JFK were the biggest meme presidents of the 20th century.

He's the probable soon-to-be-literal patron saint of modern cuckservatism.
>>
>>66855340
>JFK
I was thinking about him as well. Sandwiched between two of the most highly rated democrats, and he gets all the praise from the public.
>>
Let's dispel this fiction that Ronald Reagen wasn't a shit president who lost the Cold War.
>>
>>66855273
>Because he ended the Cold War.
He lost the Cold War.
>>
>>66854957

Young Jeff Sessions
>>
>>66855649

You'd say LBJ was highly rated? He was an interesting dude, but other than civil rights legislation his legacy was a failure (Vietnam and the Great Society).

JFK is overly romanticized because he died young and tragically.
>>
>>66852178
I dunno, but you know how nostalgia for the 80s is so hot right now? I guess that has something to do with it.

Nixon was a great president imo desu
>>
>>66857156
>You'd say LBJ was highly rated?
He's generally placed in the top 13
>>
Why exactly do people like Reagan again?

>Fired thousands of employees just for being part of a union
>Trickle down economics
>Sold weapons to Iran and gave money to the Contras
>Increased your defect by 300%
>>
>>66858251
LBJ was a shit president who obsessed over the size of his penis, and I mean literally.
>>
>>66852497
I think I can finally understand why this guy swept the entire country.
>>
>>66855273
He did not end the cold war at all, it ended DESPITE him.

The thing is, nobody told us about movements such as Glasnost and Perestroika, nobody understood that the USSR was undergoing radical paradigm shifts, nobody saw the party crumble, it was barely ever discussed in the west.

I spent the late 80's undergoing a series of serious operations that each left me in the hospital for months of prep and recovery. I literally read every (non sports/hobby) magazine released in my country at the time, and a lionshare of the (non romance) books that made it through the hospital shops as well.
I also read multiple papers a day, adults who stayed in the hospital used to come give me papers from all over the place that they had delivered and were finished with. There were not many other teenagers in the hospitals, so I mostly had old people for company and there were a lot of ww2 vets who liked to keep as informed as they could on the world around them.

I was a complete information sponge, and as far as I know, there was next to NOTHING in the mainstream western media about what was happening in the USSR. Until the wall fell, and it got attributed to Reagan's insane ramblings.

You're right, it was a major geopolitical shift and the collective relief/incredulity towards the "ending" of the cold war was very easily propagandized, and there was really no reason for anybody to contradict the narrative that Reagan had anything to do with Russia's democratization.

I myself thought that Reagan caused it too.
I sent him jellybeans.

Most still don't actually know what happened, because they don't actually care about reality, or at least are not willing to put forth the effort to educate themselves in earnest, mostly due to the partisanship that marketers endlessly instill to further the political brands that hire them.
>>
File: reagan.jpg (76 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
reagan.jpg
76 KB, 600x750
>>66852178
>>
File: ayyyy.jpg (27 KB, 475x377) Image search: [Google]
ayyyy.jpg
27 KB, 475x377
>>66852497
>the russian dog says "What's bark?"
>>
>>66852392
>>66852467

Not remembering true god republican TR. Kill yourself.
>>
>>66859980

TR was a progressive cunt.
>>
>>66855273
>Cold War
>ended
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.