[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CATHOLICS WILL DEFEND THIS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: wdx.jpg (29 KB, 221x326) Image search: [Google]
wdx.jpg
29 KB, 221x326
I'm Orthodox, and I'm baffled.

>"All-male images of God are hierarchical images rooted in the unequal relation between women and men," she writes. "Once women no longer relate to men as patriarchal fathers, lords, and kings in society, these images become religiously inadequate. Instead of evoking the reality of God, they block it."[8]

>She is a Distinguished Professor of Theology at Fordham University, a Jesuit institution in New York City. She is a member of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Brentwood. Johnson has served as president of the Catholic Theological Society of America and is "one of its most well known members."[3]

If you keep letting these subversive elements work so blatantly within your Church, it will go the way of Protestantism
>>
>>66849437
Western Christianity has been a joke the last 200 years.
>>
>>66849437
Virgin Mary.
Catholics hail her like a demi god
>>
>>66849437
its true you dumb fuck and now you understand why people are leaving organized religion in droves.

fuckin newfag /pol/sters
>>
>>66850069
I'm Orthodox, we don't have this kind of thing.
>>
>>66849437
The last bitch to demand woman priests or some shit got excommunicated lmao
>>
Suppress the Jesuits.

I'm a Catholic who went to Georgetown and can confirm they are deviants and heretics.
>>
>>66851276
This one is demanding not only female clergy, but giving the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony to gay couples.
>>
>>66851360
>Suppress the Jesuits
Have you written any letters about this?
>>
>>66849812
Perhaps even greater.
>>
>>66852025
I know they see her as "co-mediatrix", something the Orthodox Church definitely does not subscribe to.
>>
>>66851162
This.
Orthodoxy is the only form of Christianity that is growing, even with the CIA exterminating Syrian Orthodox people and blowing up irreplaceable churches which were the first in Christendom.
>>
>>66851162
Which kind of Orthodox? Greek, Russian or?
>>
>>66852211
We're also the only sort that still is actively opposing usury. The Orthodox Financial System, if Russia implements, it will ban interest on loans.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/interest-free-banking-russia-debates-unorthodox-orthodox-financial-alternative/5495331
>>
>>66849437
and thats why catholics don't let women run the church
>>
>>66852599
Greek. But there aren't "kinds" of Orthodox, just jurisdiction. The only actual variation in Orthodox dogma is between Oriental and Eastern. The former says Christ has one nature, the latter says he has two, but not too long ago we worked out that Oriental, in line with their theological tradition, uses nature to mean hypostasis (existence), whereas Eastern uses nature to mean "attributes". And therefore we fully recognize each other, we just have to fix jurisdictional issues to achieve full communion (we can't have two patriarchs of Alexandria, for instance).
>>
>>66852748
Just teach theology to the people who will run the Church
>>
>>66849437
Jesuit schools gotta Jesuit
>>
File: Nova Logo Decolores Oficial.jpg (312 KB, 1600x1477) Image search: [Google]
Nova Logo Decolores Oficial.jpg
312 KB, 1600x1477
The Catholic Church is full of odd movements. They're tolerated as long as they don't gain widespread acceptance. My mother is really big into something called Decolores. No one gives a shit. She gets a bumper sticker for her car and stays interested in the church so it's mostly harmless.
>>
>>66852772
This. Catholicism imposes conformity. Megachurch Protestantism imposes cubicles. Orthodoxy has always had autonomy, appreciation for local language and customs, and national character. The idea of burning down or banning pagan predecessors is Catholic and tied to the Catholic history of political struggles in religious costumes. Orthodoxy emvraces pr tolerates all pagan practices which are not just downright contrary to Christianity (no orgies, yes bathing) and recognized in the pagan philosophers, especially Plato, a highly developed moral framework that anticipated Jesus.
>>
>>66852795
sorry, but nope.
Fordham University is independent.
The church has no power over it.
>>
>>66853596
It's a Jesuit institution
>>
>>66849437
seems pretty accurate

t. catholic that is turning towards orthodox w/ orthodox waifu
>>
>>66854859
If your wife Orthodox, or are you both just planning on converting together?
>>
>>66854995
She's orthodox, immigrated here from Russia when she was 8 years old
>>
>>66855180
Cool, hope to have you aboard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8r5r4R2yuE
>>
>>66853241
That's a little different since this woman supports gay marriage in the classes she teaches.
>>
>American Catholics
Americans ruin everything.
>>
>>66856582
Orthodox Church is fine over desu. Besides, look at the CoE.
>>
>>66856777
And the Church of Denmark. And the Church of Sweden.
>>
No surprise she teaches at a "Jesuit" """Catholic""" college. If I had a dollar every time a Jesuit president defended teaching heresy on the grounds of "promoting open dialog" or "critical thinking" I'd be a fucking rich man.

t. graduate of a Jesuit college
>>
>>66857080
Do they have seminary?
>>
>>66857234
I'm sure nearly every Jesuit college has a Jesuit seminary, though mine had an official arch-diocesan seminary attached to it on the grounds - in order to train actual Catholic priests and not hippy flip-flopper "how is going fellow kids" priests.
>>
>>66857730
Consider how influential Jesuits have become ever since John Courtney Murray. You even have a Jesuit Pope now. More and more clergy are going to be selected from the Jesuits.
>>
>>66849812
>>66852025
>>66852156

Roman Catholic here.
Mary is just the blessed Human Mother of God (Jesus), we don't see her as a Demi-god or greater.
If anyone ever told you that they were talking mad shit.
>>
>>66849437

Apocalypse in greek means the "unveiling".

This woman is a nun who does not wear a veil.

Just something to think about.
>>
>>66854859
>turning towards orthodox

>he fell for the traditionalist orthodox meme

There are plenty liberal theologians like this who are Orthodox, especially in the west. They'll have their own Vatican II soon enough and take over.
>>
>>66858212
That's because there are no Mexicans in New Zealand. I seen it myself.
>>
>>66859260
>There are plenty liberal theologians like this who are Orthodox
"Liberal" in Orthodox theology means not seeing Catholics and Protestants as Satanic.
>>
>>66858075
That's not how the Church works, unless you mean Jesuits put into high ranking positions. Which might happen, but probably not so much when a new Pope takes over.

When you want to become a priest, you either enter a diocesan seminary (under arch-bishop), or join a holy order (Franciscan, Dominican, Jesuit, Augustinian, and so on). Each has their own leadership and quirks. Jesuits are the richest, probably because (imo) they have far less scruples about doing irreligious things to make money.

Georgetown is inviting the president of Planned Parenthood to speak there. An abortion clinic! The university is paying her to speak! It's very disgusting.
>>
File: 1456695405079.jpg (613 KB, 2008x1376) Image search: [Google]
1456695405079.jpg
613 KB, 2008x1376
>>66849437
Satan has won
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.