[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Australia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 4531258135182.png (595 KB, 988x593) Image search: [Google]
4531258135182.png
595 KB, 988x593
>http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/australian-man-realize-autism-daughter-diagnosed/story?id=37446136

>An Australian man had no idea he was on the autism spectrum until his eldest daughter was diagnosed with the disorder by their psychologist.

>Chris Offer, 33, a father of four girls, told ABC News he was diagnosed with autism three years ago after decades of feeling like he was "quirky."

>His wife Jessica recently opened up about the diagnosis in a blog post titled, "We were married 7 years before it occurred to us that my husband was autistic."

>"Imagine that all your life you're trying to be...held in this normal box and no matter how hard you try, you find it hard," Offer said. "And then someone goes, 'Well, that's because you're not normal.' It's freeing."

>According to Autism Speaks, an autism advocacy organization in the U.S., more research is needed to determine the prevalence of autism in adults. More than 2 million people are on the autism spectrum in the U.S. and tens of millions are living with autism worldwide, according to the organization.
>>
File: 5649681358.jpg (116 KB, 992x744) Image search: [Google]
5649681358.jpg
116 KB, 992x744
>>66841741

>Offer's diagnosis was also a surprise to his wife. The two have been together for 10 years.

>"He's always been quirky. He's always been kind of unique. He's always paid more attention to detail where I'm more scattered," the 28-year-old told ABC News. "So I've always really loved it because he contrasts my personality. We never looked into it because it was never a problem in our relationship."

>Still, Offer, who lives north of Brisbane, Australia, admitted that the two had many arguments early in their relationship because it is hard for him to look people in the eye when making conversation.

>"I have to make myself do that," he said.

>Although he had never heard of autism when he was younger, Offer said he is now "better equipped" to deal with everyday life.

>"I'm still doing the same things that I'm always doing but I'm doing them differently with more of a conscious mind," he said. "The diagnosis gives you a better toolbox to deal with everyday life."
>>
No one wants to shit on Australia while they're still sleeping? What have you become, /pol/?
>>
>>66843791
I do, anon.
Australians are fucking cunts and i hope they die. Without Australians many more new zealanders would have died at gallipoli, and that is an even bigger bonus.
>>
Meh this is atypical for Aussies.

Shitposting is an art form that could never be properly grasped by a socially stunted autist. You need to understand the mindsets of other people in order to tailor your shitpost for maximum effect and its disordered and chaotic nature is beyond the ability of the average autist.
>>
File: 1446166194166.jpg (36 KB, 340x448) Image search: [Google]
1446166194166.jpg
36 KB, 340x448
Get the fuck out burgers, this just demonstrates that even our austists are more competent parents than Americans
>>
>psychology

lmao, that pseudo-science is still a thing? thought people would have caught on to the fact they are literally selling society snake oil

psychology is a multi-trillion dollar industry that is controlled by pharmaceutical jews

never trust a fucking shrink as 9 times out of 10 they are going to be way more insane than you will ever be
>>
>>66841741
>lives his entire life normally
>oh wow I have a mental disorder fuck yeah now I get to be a special snowflake
Fuck that shit.

Diagnosed ass pie here.

It's literally a diagnosis for shit disturber kids. My 'aspbergers' shows up as irritability, a slight difficulty in holding eye contact, and above average math skills.

That's literally it.

Fuck those 'advocacy' groups. If you're capable of fitting in with society you don't need an advocacy group, and if you don't, it's likely your fault
>>
>>66844401
Kek.
>>
Looks like an average fucker.

Is this the result of some smarmy lizard faced fuck shitting on human beings because I'm about to spear a motherfucker.

Long dick style.
>>
>>66846334
>that word salad
What?
>>
my grandpappy used to say - "there aint nothin wrong with a bit of 'aut in the brain"
>>
>>66841741
>autism spectrum

that's special snowflake tier.
>>
>>66846075
Had a mate who was diagnosed with aspergers

He told me he didn't give a shit about being politically correct at uni because if he ever got called out, he could just play the autism card
>>
Sometimes I suspect my dad has some mental issues that were never diagnosed as a kid (bipolar depression mixed with alcoholism), but he refuses to be humiliated by seeing a "therapist" for it.
>>
>>66848058
He already had you. Can't be much more humiliating
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.