[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on Mormons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 4035399476_923d236fb3_b.jpg (373 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
4035399476_923d236fb3_b.jpg
373 KB, 1024x681
Redpill me on Mormons
>>
>>66828945
good people
>>
>>66829117
And on Mormonism?
>>
>>66828945
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFFvJaMhgDg
>>
>>66829363
Trash.
>>
>>66828945
I've lived in an area with quite a large Mormon population, have spent quite a bit a time around them, have some extended family in the organization and even have some very distant origins in the church. Ask away
>>
>>66828945
mitt romney
>>
Nice people

Batshit religion though
>>
>>66828945
Flo, bitte.
>>
>>66828945
>Joseph Smith was a con artist who was tried multiple times for using 'divining rods' to find lost Indian gold that never turned up
>He fished the prototype Book of Mormon out of the trash that were the notes from a Jesuit trying to fit North America into 1800's catholic theology and history
>He supposedly translated golden tablets, that no one else has ever seen out of a hat with a rock
>When a wife of one of his investors hid the original copies of the manuscript to see if he could replicate them, he said the angels were mad and had to translate different tablets now
>Most of his original followers were illiterate hillbillies and poorly educated early commune people
>multiple schisms occurred some even claiming that Smith was not the true prophet and splintered off, some still exist today
>he had to move his cult to the midwest to hide from the law and scholars who could easily debunk him
>here he gathered more hayseeds and paranoid settlers who would buy his drivel, even the polygamy
>even here people could see through him and he was eventually killed by a mob after his followers tried to take over a town and destroyed a press office critical of him
>After this his successor Brigham Young had to lead the cult into absolute wilderness of Utah to lay low
>they established a cult theocracy that fought on both sides of the union and confederacy depending on which ways the wind blew, though usually just preforming pillaging and raids
>it came to a head with the mountain meadow massacre in which a local coverup occurred to save Youngs ass
>the cult laid low for some year until it petitioned to become a state, and in order to do so the church disavowed polygamy, which at the time was really in name only
>this lead to another schism, see FLDS and others
>since then they supported prohibition, segregation and every other fucked up neocon policy, they like to give money to fuck with other states politics and go door to door looking for weekminded recruits
>>
>>66828945
one of my friends recently converted
>>
>>66828945
The religion = shit
The people = make me wish I was better
>>
>>66830890
as for the people themselves;

>They has a strong conditioning to present themselves as perfect
>Utah and Mormonism is plagued with rampant alcoholism, sexual abuse, drug use, suicide and violence but do to strict churching they suppress this and do nothing to address it and punish those who do
>Mormons are given poor sexual education, I have met mormon boys who wear condoms during oral sex out of the belief that they may somehow get the girl pregnant, shocking ignorance like this is somewhat common in devout mormon families
>Polygamy is alive and well in rural Utah, The FLDS and other splinter sects keep this alive and often put their unregistered wives on welfare
>depression or mental illness is not addressed and often leads to depraved violence
>Mormons make excellent casseroles
>>
File: Hesses-2000.jpg (789 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
Hesses-2000.jpg
789 KB, 1632x1224
>>66831461
>The religion = shit
>The people = make me wish I was better
This desu. They are also some of the few white people who retained traditional family values and are reproducing with vigor
>>
>>66830890
It's basically Islam 2.0 in Americas instead of Saudi Arabia.
>>
>>66828945
One of the best sources would actually be one of the many 19th century tell-alls on archive dot org.
Everyone outside the cult could see that it was fake, from the day it began.
I read one a couple of years ago, I'll try to find it for you. It describes Smith getting caught faking resurrections with women pretending to be dead and goes into the special Temple visit in which Creation is explained by Satan.
>>
>>66828945
I think this is it, could be wrong. There's actually several. In the late 19th century this was actually an entire genre of popular nonfiction.
https://archive.org/download/mormonwifealife00wardgoog/mormonwifealife00wardgoog.pdf
For a modern update you might look up Jessup's "Escape," which is truly horrifying.
>>
>>66833827
Thanks for the book.
>>
Its a cult. They will love you unconditionally until you decide not to join. Then you become a social pariah. They are like Chabad.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.