[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>constantly hear about the shortage of tradesmen >try to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: 1430851867844.jpg (83 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1430851867844.jpg
83 KB, 601x601
>constantly hear about the shortage of tradesmen
>try to get into the trades
>tried becoming an electrician, then HVAC, now trying to become a plumber/gasfitter
>nobody willing to apprentice me, can't even find a job as a laborer to start out in

Did anybody else fall for the trades meme? I should have went to university
>>
>>66819480
I dont think one can even attain a trade apprenticeship in the USA anymore without resorting to nepotism. I'd love to be proven wrong by something other than personal anecdotes.
>>
>>66819480
>nobody willing to apprentice me

You probably need to work on your social skills, chum. These people have to be working very close with you for a couple years and if you seem like a creep they aren't going to. Simple as that.
>>
>>66819480
>fucked by a moose and cucked by a spruce: The post
>>
>>66819480

Don't you have trade schools?
>>
>>66819480
>fell for the uni meme
>about to fall for the trade meme

WAKE ME UP
>>
>>66819860
They have "pre-apprentice" courses but they're expensive and most employers think consider them useless and even a detriment as they teach things the wrong way
>>
>>66819480
Yeah. Got mine in Nursing Assistance. The plan was to get a real nursing job but my pizza delivery job paid more, even after out of pocket health insurance.
>>
>>66819480
The morons telling you to go into the trades are all kids who aren't actually in the trades, or one of a small minority who got into it thanks to nepotism they mistakenly attribute to their own skill.

Trades are 'easy' no-thinking work. You do relatively simple physical tasks that can be taught to just about any man alive.

Which means it's the immediate fallback for every single joeblow who gets his job outsourced to china or india; there's a huge supply of workers and no demand, and it will only get worse as time progresses.

Fundamentally, there isn't enough work to go around and everyone's fucked. It doesn't matter what job you do.
>>
>>66820018

That's interesting. Here it's the opposite, you literally can't get a trade job if you don't go to a trade school for several years.
>>
>>66819480

Just join a construction crew
>>
>>66820231
You have to go to school as an apprentice(a few months a year for 4 years) but you have to secure your apprenticeship before even going to school
>>
>>66819480

I tried trade work. It's too fucking wagecuck tier. My stepdad stuck in and now he's the boss in pretty much every site he works on. But fuck that shit, during a stint as a labourer I had to smash the toilets off the wall and carry them outside. Why do that when I can get free money and be comfy?
>>
nigga ain't nobody gunna go out their way to train you for years when you could just fuck off once got some experience under your belt

go to trades school. I got a job as an apprentice in a month.
ain't nobody want some untrained faggot, unless it's some entry level minimum wage shitjob
>>
>>66820193
>The morons telling you to go into the trades are all kids who aren't actually in the trades
I'm not a kid and I'm in a trade.

>Trades are 'easy' no-thinking work.
A couple trades, sure, but most of them this is flat out wrong.

>You do relatively simple physical tasks that can be taught to just about any man alive.
You don't know what you're talking about, do you?

>Which means it's the immediate fallback for every single joeblow who gets his job outsourced to china or india
Yes, no clue what you're talking about.

My boss has a hard time finding people to work for us starting at 29/hr because the competition between companies in the area, there's more money to be made elsewhere for journeymen.
>>
>>66820435
I know lad, I just want automation to come for an endless supply of comfy NEETbux
>>
>>66820193
This. The issue with training an apprentice is that there's a good chance you're training your future competition.
OP, try adding on your application that you plan to move after your apprenticeship or something unless you're looking (or your trainer would like for you, I should say) to stay on and work for them afterwards.
>>
>>66819480
Just don't pick a shit trade with a shit company you pleb.

SERIOUSLY. Please don't tell me you chose laying carpet or something
>>
>>66819480
sounds like like you're shit

also job market isnt the greatest this year
>>
>>66819480
Come to America they're in high demand
>>
>>66820128
What type of nursing are you trying to get into? Try specializing more, eg hospice care. My mom is a hospice nurse and I myself spent a lot of time hanging out with her patients since they often had pretty much no one to visit them. It's heartwrenching stuff since you know they're going to die, but definitely rewarding.
>>
>>66821240

Weedman will fix it
>>
>>66821402
i work at a large car factory, as an electrician.

way things are going i don't think the plant will last another 10 years with weedmans policy attacking industry.

only salvation is trump beating back the mexicans

lost 2/3 of our plants this 5 years to go to Monterrey mexico
>>
>>66820193
I make 45 dollars an hour and do fuck all every day. I could make more but I chose to be home every night.

My job is a dangerous one, but it's physically easy as hell.

I get lots of double time and triple time.

I get a work truck with unlimited fuel and a ridiculous pension and full benefits.
You live in a cubical, if even that.

You wear think framed glasses.

You worry about the way your cunt smells.
That's about all really. I know who I would rather be.
>>
>>66821968
Sure your you do bud. I'm impressed really. You impressed me.
>>
>>66821351
NEET for 3 years here.

Is caregiver good or at least self sustaining? Ever since my sister died of cancer, I just want to sort of take care of people.
>>
>>66819861
This feel

Nojobs
o
j
o
b
s
>>
File: 3d5.jpg (19 KB, 400x239) Image search: [Google]
3d5.jpg
19 KB, 400x239
>>66819480
>unironically wanting to be a wagecuck
>mfw
>>
File: permission-to-feel.jpg (84 KB, 453x524) Image search: [Google]
permission-to-feel.jpg
84 KB, 453x524
>>66822588
Industrial first aid attendant here, be sure to avoid becoming friends with any of your patients. It hurts real bad when they die.
>>
>>66819480
>Don't fall for the (Insert career path) meme!!
Needs to stop. Any career path has a risk of not working out. Sure some are better than others but a lot has to do with the individual and a certain amount of luck. Sorry you were unlucky but damn.
>>
File: 1455217872713s.jpg (4 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1455217872713s.jpg
4 KB, 125x125
>>66819480
went to a trade school for over 2 years for auto tech $30,000. worked for 2 years as one. barely made minimum wage , had to spend over 3 thousand in tools and the people were some of the worst ive ever met. im a stay at home dad now cuz i made less than a baby sitter
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.