[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Google Hires 4Chan Founder, Sends Huge “Fuck You” to Marginalized
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: 1411016143281.jpg (49 KB, 400x366) Image search: [Google]
1411016143281.jpg
49 KB, 400x366
Here's a gem for you:

>How could Google, supposedly dedicated to stemming online harassment, and increasing the diversity and inclusivity of its workforce and userbase, hire the white man who not only created, but personally oversaw 4chan for over 10 years — a site whose only claim to fame is hosting, harboring, coddling, incubating and disseminating hate, harassment, groupthink, violence and terrorism?

>4chan evokes a visceral sensation of fear and trepidation in many marginalized Internet users. The pain, terror, humiliation and suffering of people who have been victimized by 4chan is REAL. While this trauma is dismissed by our cowardly tech press as “controversy”, it MUST be acknowledged. And even if 4chan founder Christopher “Poot” Poole eventually stepped away from overseeing 4chan in January of 2015, that in no way minimizes or erases his responsibility for a decade + of inculcating one of the most vile, violent and harmful “communities” on the Internet.

https://archive.is/WO5eP
>>
File: 1418223257069.jpg (59 KB, 298x604) Image search: [Google]
1418223257069.jpg
59 KB, 298x604
>>66721545
>Christopher “Poot” Poole
>>
>>66721545
>poot

O I am laffin

Le Internet hate machine strikes fear into the heart of the masses
>>
Moot was a SJW but he cared about free speech enough to keep 4chan alive.

I guess I can respect him for that.
>>
>>66721545
Whoever wrote this is not only a deluded member of the left on three levels
>1.
That the freedom of speech practiced here is somehow dangerous, and must be controlled

>2.
That all of the various operations and activist movements 4chan users participated in were somehow wrong, harmful, or illegal

>3.
That there must be permanent punishments, branding, and disassociation from anyone who had any

But not only that, this faggot misses the larger overall point.
Yes, 4chan is a boisterous and relatively unrestricted platform, where supposed harassment and actual harassment have taken place.

Google tried to stop alleged and realized harassment (or control freedom of speech and association, and the flow of information).

Google hires its former admin.

Gee, it's almost as if they're fucking related.

Yes m00t getting hired by Google is 'bad', but not for the naive reasons she-
>And i'm betting it's a she
thinks
>>
>>66722413
He wasn't an SJW

I doubt he really cares at all about politics

He just sucked up to the anti-gamer gate illuminati because the girl he wanted to fuck worked for Gawker.
>>
>>66722706
>had any
*had any shred of involvement with alleged activities the establishment doesn't like
>>
> Shanley

hahahahah
>>
Do you think Moot still shitposts or does he fear what he's created?
>>
>>66721545
It's old Something Awful
>>
>>66721545
he betrayed us
we destroy him

an elegant poem
>>
>>66722706
>Shanley
>Not insane

Pick one.
>>
BRING BACK SNACKS

MAKE 4CHAN GREAT AGAIN
>>
how quickly do you think Google will catch on to the fact that moot was a one hit wonder who won't add anything to their company? before or after he gets his 6 figures?
>>
>>66722765
pretty much this, he was a white knight fag, not a SJW which in my book is worse, SJW's may be insane fucks but at least they stand strong with their cause white knights don't care about anything but defending poon in hopes of getting some
>>
>>66724325
Moots hoping after, I'm hoping before, we'll have to wait and see
>>
>>66723918

>snacks will never ban you for simple stuff resulting in massive keks across the board
Just kill me.
>>
File: sadjlove.webm (186 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
sadjlove.webm
186 KB, 320x240
>>66721545
>>
File: moot_needs_the_boot.jpg (305 KB, 1200x1447) Image search: [Google]
moot_needs_the_boot.jpg
305 KB, 1200x1447
>>66721545
This is old /news/

Good for him.
>>
>>66721545
>wah wah I don't like 4chan how dare anyone hire this man
>>
why did they hire him though? Does he even have any skills?
>>
>>66725326
what a based id you have there
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.