[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok, to be fair, I LOVE the idea of forcing companies to manufacture/build
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 1457060645.png (156 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1457060645.png
156 KB, 600x450
Ok, to be fair, I LOVE the idea of forcing companies to manufacture/build here in the US.
But IT. CANT. BE. DONE.
Guess what? That nice Galaxy S8 you want to buy next year will cost nearly $1600.
That iPhone you normies use?
It'll cost triple.
Again, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the idea of STICKING IT TO THE BIG BUSINESSES, but convince me it's possible without starting a nuclear war with china.
>>
This is a good thing. Fuck smartphones.
>>
Are you stupid? We are the biggest consumer market. The dirty secret the muh infallible job creators and neocons don't want you to know is that those corporations need us.

If it's unaffordable to make your goods out of country you'll bring the manufacturing back. It's very simple
>>
>>66714544

>That iPhone will cost $1600

Only a complete dipshit believes this logic.
Americans consistently make better quality products at a faster rate than China and the cost of taxes for transporting those items and the strengthening of the value of the shit hole currency that those shit hole countries have has started making the cost difference negligible for making products in the USA.
>>
File: secret bitch shutdown button.webm (1 MB, 845x496) Image search: [Google]
secret bitch shutdown button.webm
1 MB, 845x496
>built in obsolescence is good goys
>buy your brand new Iphone 15
>>
>>66715101
/thread
>>
>>66715185
try having a foxcon factory in america at a competitive price per component, see how that goes for ya.

some businesses are not feasible in america but many of them could work here just fine. shipping computer parts is dirt cheap because you can fir millions of chips in one shipping container.
>>
>he thinks I won't just use my flip phone

Lovin every laff
>>
>>66714544
The only reason those outrageous prices might occur is that prices would rise to meet cheaper phones coming from cheap Asian labor, but if everyone was forced to make shot here then the stupid high prices wouldn't happen.
>>
Even if that was the case

why is it so important that a premium-quality smartphone not be expensive?
>>
>>66714544
>costs $23 to make
>if you make it in the us it is costs 1573
wew lad

the idea is that when you bring manufacturing back and get a worker shortage wages rise (which they haven't for a shitton of years)
>>
>>66715185
Says none of the American cars I have owned ever
>>
>>66718073
Pretty much this, senpai.
OP is just another nu-male who can't live without his custom ringtone telling him that a grill liked his status.
>>
>>66714544
Except most products sold in the west are sold at an unfair price. With ridiculous mark ups that don't represent its real value. These phones being sold for thousands of dollars already (baked into phone contracts) are given to Niggers (Africans) for free.
>>
>>66714544
trump will bring a moral labor back to america and bring back our golden years of industry
sure phones will cost more but they wont be cheap and wont be made from literal slave labor
>>
>>66714544
Free market will fix it.

If iphones go up to $3000 a pop, some new competitor will come along and sell them for $500.
>>
>>66720379
slave labor built america; now slave labor keeps america atop the world.
>>
>>66720296
confirmed for knowing nothing. average profit margin for businesses is 6%. if something is overpriced someone else sells it cheaper and makes bank. learn to economy.
>>
>>66720772
Wot? Someone else making iphones besides apple? What?
>>
>>66714544
Literally none of this matters. Use cheaper shittier phones. Your quality of life will go up when you spend less time staring at a fucking screen faggot.
>>
>>66720967
I mean smart phones in general.

There's actually about a dozen major manufacturers right now... but Apple and Android are the only ones with decent marketing.
>>
>>66718073
This. Maybe they'll make a smartphone that doesn't crap out after 18 months
>>
>>66720788
Slave labor built the shittiest, poorest part of America.

And now slave labor is making all of America into a shittier and poorer place.

Cool.
>>
>>66714544
even if that were true. I would be okay paying $1,600 for a freedom phone.
>>
>>66714544
I already have a phone. So...you're dumb.
>>
>>66714544
Those are bullshit lies they tell people as an excuse as to why they can't build them domestically. Same goes with pretty much all tech; manufacturing moves from places like japan and the US to china, and yet the prices don't actually decrease much at all.

It's just like with the illegal aliens. "hurr, no restaurants could operate if not for illegals!" Yeah, I guess restaurants and house maids never existed as economically viable jobs before we started flooding the country with shitskins. And I guess these things simply don't exist in states with high white populations and no mexicans.
>>
>>66721245
So many niggers man, I've seen it all
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.