[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that the reason the first Matrix was great and the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5
File: Matrix.jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Matrix.jpg
25 KB, 480x360
Reminder that the reason the first Matrix was great and the sequels sucked is because the Wachowski faggots stole their work from a woman named Sophia Stewart, and had no idea what was supposed to happen next since they weren't the true creators of the story.

http://www.people.com/article/second-wachowski-sibling-comes-out-as-transgender?xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag
>>
>>66714116

oh shi
>>
>>66715966

She also won a lawsuit against them.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/11/22/inside-the-billion-dollar-matrix-lawsuit-one-of-the-internets-most-pervasive-hoaxes/
>>
>>66714116
we wuz writerz n shiet
>>
Thanks for the common knowledge reminder, please go away
>>
>>66717926

>Because she's black she didn't actually write it

Don't you remember that the reason Black Lives Matter and all this division is happening is because they want the black people to resent the white people instead of the people who are really manipulating them?

and don't you remember that we are being manipulated by the same people that are making the black people believe that they are being oppressed by the whites?

What a surprise when someone who writes the truth about this manipulation gets her work stolen and then re-organized to fit a particular narrative.
>>
>>66714116

First movie wasn't "Great" but it had some good scenes. Its clear they never figured out how to stitch the few great scenes they had into a coherent film.
>>
>>66718444

That's not true. The Matrix revolutionized the way people think about society.

You could say the same thing about the Hunger Games not being a great movie.

The reason both of them were popular is because they reveal the truth in the form of entertainment, which is what intrigues people while allowing them to also remain ignorant.
>>
Very old news.
>>
>>66718444

The idea behind it was definitely great, revolutionary even. The concepts coming to real life were great too. Not necessarily the world's greatest acting or cinematography, but you can't deny the Matrix wasn't a revolutionary film.
>>
>>66718679
Kek. You really believe that? Like which truths?
>>
>>66718757
>>66718329

Didnt know this, guess it's news to people that don't care about hollywood drama

>Ms. Stewart claims (and the FBI concurs) that Terminator is also based on her seminal work (The Third Eye) and that it is, in fact, the prequel to Matrix. Initially, she was not aware of this infringement, not having seen Terminator. It was the FBI that informed her that Terminator was indeed part of the copyright infringement case and pursued a civil liberties case on her behalf. (Sarrah Connor who the Terminator relentlessly pursues in the film is Neo’s mother (Matrix).

wouldnt mind seeing a version that ties these franchises together apparently
>>
>>66718679

Whaa? I'm not enough of a pop culture buff to go against you but i'm pretty sure the concept of "people living in a dreamworld controlled by an class of overseers" wasn't created by The Matrix.

>>66719001

I agree the way they brought the concepts to live was great. I would say the cinematography was the high point of the movie, in my opinion. Bullet time, rotational shots, steadicam, long single takes... Thats what makes it revolutionary.. moreso than the core concept which is just, trying to break out of a dreamworld.
>>
>>66718679
comparing the matrix to the poorly directed, written, acted, (not to mention not nearly as thought provoking, revolutionary, and compelling) hunger games

holy shit cant wake up
>>
>>66718679
>You could say the same thing about the Hunger Games not being a great movie.
How old are you?
I take it you missed out on battle royale when it was a thing?
>>
>>66717383
she lost that lawsuit dude...

her story literally has no similarity to the matrix
>>
>>66718679
>That's not true. The Matrix revolutionized the way people think about society.

What is Plato's Allegory of the Cave

>PLEB
>>
>>66714116
WE WUZ FILOSOFICUL MOVEE WRITERZ N SHEIIIT
>>
>>66719853
>Bullet time, rotational shots, steadicam, long single takes... Thats what makes it revolutionary.. moreso than the core concept which is just, trying to break out of a dreamworld.
This
it was bullet time and slomo shots that made this huge, I would wager that without that specific shot of neo on the rooftop dodging bullets to market it wouldnt have been half as big a franchise or even warranted sequels
>>
File: futurological congress.jpg (835 KB, 709x1123) Image search: [Google]
futurological congress.jpg
835 KB, 709x1123
Many of the concepts that made Matrix interesting already appeared in the this book by based Polish author Stanislaw Lem.
>>
>>66719719
>Like which truths?
Don't take pills offered by strange black men you just met.
>>
>>66714116
even if thats true she ripped off shadow run and the terminator

its divergence all over again. that was ripped off of the hunger games and hunger games was ripped off of battle royal. some scenes ripped straight from the manga
>>
>>66719001
The story has parallels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn9cuKhSkqw
>>
>>66714116
That and the Crow were both based on alternative comics.
>>
>>66719752
That movie connection makes sense actually
>>
>>66720271
>Polish author
that's can't really be a thing can it?
>>
>>66718329
It's not common knowledge. I didn't know this.

Canada, I used to like you, but as of these past few months, annexation is looking more and more attractive.
>>
>>66719853
>"people living in a dreamworld controlled by an class of overseers" wasn't created by The Matrix.
It was for plebs
>>
>>66720559

Yes, I use to believe the meme that Poles were stupid but actually they have been better than us the whole time. To be serious I've read a lot of science fiction and the Futurological Congress is one of the best books I've read in that genre.
>>
>>66719752
Mind=btfo
>>
>>66714116

>WE WUZ NEO N SHIT
>>
>>66720156
This
>>
>write a book
>someone has a smiliar although different idea for a story

DEY STOLE MUH STORIES! WE WUZ ARTHURS AND SHIT

>tfw copyright lawsuits always boil down to HEY WHY DIDN'T MY THING BECOME AS POPULAR AND MAKE AS MUCH MONEY AS THIS SIMILAR THING! CALL THE KIKES!
>>
>>66720868
polish authors are actually great.
>>
>http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/11/22/inside-the-billion-dollar-matrix-lawsuit-one-of-the-internets-most-pervasive-hoaxes/

Two seconds on google.
>>
>>66720533
Yeah its actually pretty cool to find out, nice mix that was never meant to be separate

Thank god she did get ripped off though, T2 will always have a special place in mein heart
>>
>>66721217

Yup, the book's even better in Polish.
>>
>>66720533

Fucking how. The only similarity they have is that an AI tries to assassinate a human being.
>>
That bitch didn't write shit. Here's the real deal.

Inside The Billion Dollar Matrix Lawsuit, One of the Internet’s Most Pervasive Legends

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/11/22/inside-the-billion-dollar-matrix-lawsuit-one-of-the-internets-most-pervasive-hoaxes/
>>
>>66721217
Wait'll you discover Witkacy.
>>
>>66721810
not licking that shit

i'm just going to assume she was ripped off by evil trans ppl
>>
>>66722036
listen to an interview with her

the woman is literally schizophrenic
>>
File: gail.jpg (38 KB, 594x262) Image search: [Google]
gail.jpg
38 KB, 594x262
>>66714116
gail, go back to your hidey hole filled with your vladimir putin and brent spiner effigies.
>>
>>66714116
There's a movie called Dark City that's practically identical in theme and style. Never heard of it until about 20 minutes in I realized where I had seen it before.
>>
>>66722336
I remember seeing an ad for that on a rental VHS and thinking the same thing
>>
>>66714116
>http://www.people.com/article/second-wachowski-sibling-comes-out-as-transgender?xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

>Lilly made the announcement via a statement to the Windy City Media Group, in which she confirmed that she has transitioned and is out to her friends, family and some coworkers.
>Wachoski's sister, Lana, first appeared publicly as a woman in July 2012. The siblings are best known for directing The Matrix trilogy.

>she
>she
>sister
>woman
>>
>>66714116
good thing every part of the matrix including her original story third eye was shit

>trying to have a lawsuit to get rihts to a shitty movie series that most forgot after 2012
>>
>>66722482
cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?Search_Arg=Stewart+Sophia&Search_Code=NALL&PID=Xa2djD30dv5DFJU2yhht7qCuj8QY&SEQ=20160308224326&CNT=25&HIST=1

she doesn't own the copyrights.
>>
>>66720137
At the bottom of that page it says she won a lawsuit in 2014.
>>
>>66714116

One only has to take a single look at the tranny Wachowski before the transition to know they were just ripping off The Invisibles. He used to emulate King Mobb.
>>
>>66722468
Kiefer Sutherland's performance in that is really good.
The movie itself is half baked and the ending is laughably bad.
>>
I thought they stole it from Alan moore
>>
>>66718679
The Hunger Games is literally a white people version of Battle Royale though.
>>
File: jigaboo.png (18 KB, 1424x151) Image search: [Google]
jigaboo.png
18 KB, 1424x151
>>66724800
Thats why I took that commenters offer up and checked the actual copyrights >>66724447

she's lying

>>66725017
never got to see it, wont go out of my way to now.
>>
File: neuromancer.jpg (49 KB, 360x550) Image search: [Google]
neuromancer.jpg
49 KB, 360x550
so apparently nobody in this thread has ever heard of Neuromancer
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.