[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why $146,200 is a terrible bonus for Wall Street
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
I can sympathies, I can barely get by on $200,000 a year.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2016/03/07/why-146200-is-a-terrible-bonus-for-wall-street/
>>
>>66711038
>Charity

free this shit up and you can get yourself more wiggle room to spend
>>
>>66711038
>charity
>children's lessons
>counting 401k and lost income
>24k childcare
>two vacations a year
>consumer debt
>3k clothes
get the fuck out
>>
>"Home Maintenance"

Stop paying Juan to mow your lawn, Paco to skim your pool, Consuela to clean your toilet, and you'll save $3,600 a year.
>>
>>66711038
My heart breaks for them. Imagine only having one holiday a year, or a smaller more reasonable house.
>>
>>66711629
>still paying for a car after you're established in a career
>miscellaneous
>maintenance
With a guy this fucking high strung I'm surprised theres no
>childcare for my wife's kids as well
>>
>>66711038
>30% tax and didn't even do deductions
>gives money to charity
>no tax deduction
>>
>>66711347
People with money only donate to charity because it benefits them from a taxation perspective.

Thats probably the last thing somebody making that kind of money wants to free up.
>>
>>66711038
>12k a year on food

Only if your one of those dudes who tries to make his wife as fat as possible, otherwise this isn't realistic.
>>
>>66712534
>People with money only donate to charity because it benefits them from a taxation perspective.
Quite obvious you don't make much money because you have no idea how tax writeoffs work.
>>
File: 1379480697249.gif (443 KB, 500x319) Image search: [Google]
1379480697249.gif
443 KB, 500x319
>>66713393
>says the plebbit working at mcdonalds to pay for his state university education

Lemme know when you finish freshman year
>>
>>66711038

>still has over 5k a year left to do whatever with

oh no, how terrible.
>>
>>66713393
>>66713393

>KLEKK

Theres literally a department of Rockefeller that specializes in finding 501c3's to donate money to for write offs and shizz
>>
>>66713874
>>66714553
>donate $1000
>get back $300 on your tax return
you guys are brilliant
>>
>>66711038
That's just a bonus, what's the base wage? I'm guessing it's around 4-500 thousand dollars correct?

Your graph speaks about $200,000 but the article mentions that this is just a bonus, not the base wage.

The base wages for Wall Street and indeed City of London go up when politicians hammer down upon bonuses in the city to make sweet with the voters and cover things up.

The real question is, how can they not cope with this amount when the base wage is half a million a year/possibly more?

No emotion in my question, just curious.
>>
>>66711038
>24k childcare... what are you spending it on a full time maid?
>Complains about giving 18k to his 401k... he will get this back with intrest oye vey
>12k on food no fucking way i can make it by on 200 dollars a month by cooking my own stuff
>36k mortgage ... buy a cheaper house you dont need a mansion
>8k 2 vacations a year go fuck yourself its called a road trip or go to a national park you dont need to fly to paris twice a year to witness muslims beheading people
>5k on gas get a better car plenty of economic cars out there with 30-35 mpg
>8k property tax on a 700k home... buy a cheaper home you dont need something that big
>3k on clothing what are you buying suits or did you leave the credit card with the wife
>5k children lessons... on what?
>2k to charity ... like really faggot
>3k miscellaneous oh you faggot you are lucky to find Americans with 3k in their entire bank account

how could a rich person be this bad with money?
>>
>>66714900

No, stupid. They are co-opting not for profit organizations to use them as talent pools/laundering schemes/untaxed assets and get paid a tax return for it
>>
>>66712223

Or paying off your car and not having a $500/m payment.

I drive a newer BMW and my car payment is $300/m for four years.
>>
OY GEVALT
>>
>>66714945

Because they used credit when they had a higher salary

They bought homes with mortages, bought financed cars, and did everything else you can think based on a previous month to month salary.

They still owe those debts and taxes and what have you, but they are making less. Its the exact same concept as someone who is making $40,000 annual and gets slashed to $5,000 as getting slashed from 4 mil to 500,000

Obviously they should not have lived in such excess, or more importantly, credit
>>
>>66711038
Is this bait?
>Childcare
Children are optional
>Food
Who the fuck spends $1000 a month on food? I spend $400 a month and I buy all the organic shit.
>Mortgage
Reasonable
>Two vacations per year
Completely unnecessary
>Car payment
Completely unnecessary. A good used car costs less than $6000.
>Clothes
What the fuck? Stop buying designer handbags.
>Children's lessons
What the fuck?
>Charity
b8
>Consumer debt
What the fuck does this even mean?
>>
>>66715892

Bad goyim. If you want to pay it off early, we have to charge extra fees to make up for that lost interest. Yes, lots of fees
>>
>>66716612

>tfw good credit and 1.9% CPO financing

I should have kept my perfectly fine '06 car i traded in, but it was a good deal and I've always wanted a comfy bmw.
>>
>>66716484

>lessons

Music lessons should cost half that much, even with a player from a major symphony orchestra.

Youd have to be doing like dance, sports, and music to pay that much
>>
>>66716889

Cool, I literally don't care
>>
>>66711038
you get $100k base and $146k bonus
after you gibsmedat you have $140k left to have fun in a nyc crap shack.
op pls investment bankers are peoples too
>>
I just noticed the $5000 on gas. That's like $20 per day. At $2 per gallon, that's 5 gallons on the way to work at 5 gallons back. An 100 mile trip to work.
>>
>>66717271

read my blog faggot
>>
>>66711038
>I can barely get by on $200,000 a year.
You're extremely bad at managing your finances. And your expectations are too high.
>>
>>66717359
Not on the day of the rope they aren't.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.