[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is some Christianity degenerate?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 1454794800425.jpg (466 KB, 736x1047) Image search: [Google]
1454794800425.jpg
466 KB, 736x1047
> inb4 fedora
I'm a Christian (raised Orthodox, now unaffiliated). I was raised to understand that moral relativism is an evil corruption of traditional Christian morality, that is an absolute morality. When I hear some Christians explain parts of scripture where it seems God's morality is not the same as the morality given to humans to follow, some Christians will answer:
> but God is not human
This answer means that God's morality is different from human morality. This means there is more than one right and wrong, and it changes depending on WHAT you are.
> THAT IS MORAL RELATIVISM

For example, if an atheist says:
> why did God have to kill his son to do something he could have done without having to kill anyone, especially his son?
I have heard Christians answer, over and over again, that:
> The rules of God are not the rules of man, God is beyond man
It makes me want to punch those Christians in the face. Of course killing someone unnecessarily, to accomplish something you could have done without killing is evil, for anyone, because the MORALITY OF GOD IS ABSOLUTE. Good and evil is good and evil no matter what. Obviously, Jesus was God, as well as his "Son", because God took multiple forms so he could be born and live as a human. God became a man so he could sacrifice a man without violating his own laws. God sacrificed himself for us, yet Christians will choose to argue that this was murder, and it's "fine" because whatever God does becomes "good" automatically. That's relativism.

Where did this corruption of Christian morals come from? Is it degeneracy in theology? I only seem to hear protestants and evangelicals make these kinds of errors. Not as often Catholics, but maybe they only commit this error because they live among so many protestants in the US. I don't really know how or why protestants are this way.

Are Protestants degenerate?
>>
Christianity is for sandniggers. Go Pagan or go home.
>>
>>66702737
Which kind of Pagan then? Just whatever pagan thing you find?
>>
>>66702820
>doesn't look at flags
>>
>>66702899
oh shit, woops
>>
>>66702535
The reason God killed His son (who is one with Himself) is because he wanted to show humanity how much He loved them. That's basic level Christian knowledge.
>>
>>66703211
That's what I was saying, didn't you read the whole post? I'm asking why there are Christians that answer with moral relativism instead of this basic fact. It is because some Christians have their beliefs corrupted.
>>
Can someone let me in on the Catholic vs Protestant meme?
>be Christian
My church has no denomination, just follow the bible as close as possible, someone gave me the name of a restoration Christian (apparently there was a drive sometime before the civil war to being Christianity back to her roots, as close to the churches in acts they can)

What does this argument actually mean that Protestants are degenerate? Please no buzzwords
>>
>>66703919
>What does this argument actually mean that Protestants are degenerate?
Well, I think this is a protestant kind of degenerate therology after studying Calvin's teachings. His idea of predestination has great influence on Protestant theology. He taught that the authority of God is paramount, and that humans don't have free will. Nearly every form of "God's morality means whatever God does is good" is why they always accept errors that God behaves in contradictory fashion, rather than seek a deeper answer. Perhaps they don't do this because they rejected so much scripture when the protestant movement began, after Catholics also rejected much scripture.

I think there is much degeneracy that has found its way into Christian belief this way.
>>
>>66703605
Yeah sorry I just kind of skimmed it and didn't read the last part.

The reason Christianity is so corrupt is because of a lack of knowledge of God and disbelief. Many people instead of admitting they don't know the answer, come up with their own answer, and create their own denomination. Other denominations are created because they think those answers are false. An example is that some will say "God gave this guy cancer because it will help him become a better Christian." because they have a lack of knowledge of the devil and God's will.
>>
>>66704937
>Many people instead of admitting they don't know the answer, come up with their own answer
Yes i think this happens too, but it happens so often on basic things that every Christian should know, and the pattern I see is with protestants. Protestants seem to be very far away from scripture, and many American churches seem as if they just make everything up. I went to one of these trendy new ministries with a friend last year, and the pastor just blabbed his head off. Occasionally he quoted some scripture but just seemed to read it out loud than make up some ludicrous connection to what he wanted to talk about. The moral message and the passage were completely unrelated logically. I see more of this kind of strange theology online in debates with atheists. Mostly it's protestants that are this way.

So I ask, why or how did Protestants become degenerate in their theology? Is it because their churches are too liberal and loosely structured?
>>
File: 1450468310327.jpg (84 KB, 490x488) Image search: [Google]
1450468310327.jpg
84 KB, 490x488
>>66702535
>Is some Christianity degenerate?
No since prots aren't christians
>>
>>66706055
I'm about to decide that Protestants are NOT Christians, as you say. Especially in Anglo countries. It's like Christianity became garbage in all the colonies Britain made.

> inb4 eternal anglo meme

Like I said, it's not Anglos, because Catholics seem to avoid these kinds of problems. I just think there is a relationship between how loosely you treat scripture, especially if you think God just puts the answers in your head like American evangelicals do. It's horrible.
>>
>>66702737
Abbo
>>
File: Lutherans.jpg (191 KB, 550x750) Image search: [Google]
Lutherans.jpg
191 KB, 550x750
>>66706055
>Episcopal
>Methodist
Not really religions.
Picture very much related
>>
>>66707073
holy shit, how did people follow that idiot?
>>
>>66707623
>holy shit
>>
>>66707073
>Picture very much related
Explain. Or is this literal and you tards believe he ate feces? Note that there is no Lutheran church and that whoever mae this pic doesn't even get basic facts right
>>
>>66708243
I think we found the shit eating Lutheran, folks
>>
>>66708630
See: >>66706055
I think we found the underage edgelord
>>
>>66703919
Catholic: The Church is sole authority on matters on faith and morals. They adhere to the Bible, as well as sacred tradition, and the magisterium.

Protestant: The Bible is the sole authority on matters of faith and morality. Meaning if I read the Bible and interpret X, Y, and Z, then it's true.

This is why protties end up with female priestesses, sodomite marriage, and "Choose Your Own Adventure" morality.
>>
>>66705723
Yeah I think being loosely structured and liberalism combined with my previous answer is what really happens. You should never overlook the ignorance and hypocrisy of people.

You should be aware that many protestant groups can have very different beliefs. One might not believe in any spiritual things, others might not believe that satan is real, while others have beliefs similar to the Orthodox church, but without the traditions and rituals. With many protestant churches I would have a hard time even calling them Christians

My church is considered protestant (Assemblies of God), but I might see differences in beliefs if I went to another one of the same type. It depends on the level of revelation the local church has. Personally I have legitimately seen people cured of cancer and limbs healed because we prayed for them (it happened in the Bible, so why would a Christian deny miracles?). But even I and a few others in my church lack the faith to do such things, so we strive to learn more and get closer to God through the Holy Spirit. Many do not understand the importance of the Holy Spirit, even the Catholics.
>>
>>66708824
Eat shit
>>
>>66709856
Why don't you seek something more traditional?
Pure curiosity, not shilling.

>>66710175
I will always see that phrase as a reference to Lutherans now. Thanks.
>>
>>66702535
>Not as often Catholics, but maybe they only commit this error because they live among so many protestants in the US.
This is a big part of it.

>Are Protestants degenerate?
Ignoring the issue of them being heretics, it's probably debatable if they ALL are. Certainly some forms obviously are, but some forms maybe not so obviously. Of course, a lot of the rise in atheism can be attributed to Protestantism fracturing the faith and providing an absolutely stupid face to the religion.

>>66708842
>"Choose Your Own Adventure" morality.
Depressingly accurate.
>>
>>66709856
>so why would a Christian deny miracles?
Because when you claim that something is a miracle, and it turns out it isn't, it makes us ALL look retarded. There's a reason the Catholic Church has such a high standard of scrutiny for these things.
>>
>>66710778
I'm not quite sure if the traditional churches I've been to are all that correct. I've believed different things and changed my views some throughout my life, but the church I currently go to feels right and I feel so much better on the inside. I might still believe wrong though, but around here there isn't very many options that have sound doctrine.
>>
>>66711709
I agree about the false miracle stuff, I've just seen things that aren't normal. I hope some day there is a big revival in Christianity so that we all may see great things happen. Jesus did say that we can do the things He did, and even his disciples preformed miracles after He left
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.